Impact Arena Football - Board Game - 24th July - Work Resuming

robo3687

speaking of which, are you set on the Purple/Yellow look for Seattle? I didn't think about it earlier, but the colors really don't go with a city like Seattle. Have you tried using earth shades of green or blue? Maybe even grey? those are the main colors I think about when I think Seattle.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

speaking of which, are you set on the Purple/Yellow look for Seattle? I didn't think about it earlier, but the colors really don't go with a city like Seattle. Have you tried using earth shades of green or blue? Maybe even grey? those are the main colors I think about when I think Seattle.

not 100% set....i can try a few different colour combo's...

and about the wordmarks, I was sort of making them a little generic on purpose...lol...well 'simple' was the word I was using in my head....i mean a large portion of NFL wordmarks are just generic block fonts...but I can see that I could jazz a couple of them up, so I'll take a look at them again...

I've made a decision on my Vancouver team, may I present

The Vancouver Wolfpack

jcs9.jpg

thoughts?

also now that the northern division has all it's logos (minus a few potential wordmark changes and colour adjustments) should I do some uni's for them? or should I do the south's logos first? I'm kind of inclined to get back to some uniforms...

Wolfpack's your best one yet, robo.

My initial thought was that it was busy.

...And it is busy, but it's a good busy.

All of the lines have a good weight to them, and the frenzied style suits the wolf concept.

Nicely done.

I might spread the "WOLFPACK" word out a bit more with a tad more space between some of the letters.

The spaces you have might become non-existant with some applications (small embroidery).

I personally vote for a return to the uniforms. You're doing great with the logos, but just to see the other side of the coin.

As for whether the colors are Seattle or not, this post had the same anxieties, I think, when they mocked up a concept:

14_KINGS-590x278.png

The fact is, the idea for the Seattle Kings (itself fitting for Seattle because of its location in King County) came about in 1971, when the green and gold Sonics were just 4 years old, and before the Mariners or even any incarnation of the Sounders even existed. Interestingly, the Sonics, the only major professional team repping the city at the time, didn't even have blue, which the Seahawks and then the Mariners would help solidify as representative of Seattle, based off that being the color of the Seattle flag. So yeah, the purple and gold comes from a time when the contemporary Seattle identity wasn't established yet, but I think as your concept you can go in whatever direction you want.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

well i think for the next few days I will get back to some uniforms. I still want to think about a few of the South teams and what I want to do with them logo wise so I don't want to jump straight in. So I'll probably do a couple of North uniforms and then get back to the logos.

-----

re: the kings, at the moment I'm about 90% certain I'll stick with the purple and gold, if for nothing else than it being a unique look in a league that might end up having a couple of blue teams...

righto, here we go...uniform time...

Wisconsin Stags
Conference: North
Division: Central
Hometown: Milwaukee, WI
Stadium: Bradley Center
Notable Players: Charles Overstreet (QB), Charlie O'Connor (WR), Kato Nakamura (LB)
kuxx.jpgxue6.jpg
thoughts?

and...

Springfield Atoms
Conference: North
Division: Central
Hometown: Springfield, IL
Stadium: The Reactor (fictional)
Notable Players: Ruben Temple (QB), Tyvonn Tanner (RB), Torsten Wulffe (LB), Imeka Chukwudi (DT)
Notes: These uni's are basically a modified version of the ones I used to run with in Madden for these guys. They won't be the only team to have a different away helmet, but not every team will have one.
az4w.jpgku8i.jpg
thoughts?

aaaand I'm back

not with uniforms, but the first logo from the southern conference. I say first because I've decided to redo the Atlanta Titans one entirely, so it no longer counts...lol...

so here's the logo for the Oklahoma Stampede

z6vz.jpg

thoughts?

I really like all of the teams, logos, and uniforms. However, I am really interested in the game you are developing. any news on that? looking forward to more updates!!

in about a week or so I should be able to share a little more about the game itself

I really love this concept I wish this arena league really existed now only if Columbus, Ohio had a team.

it's funny you say that because I've been considering switching out Boston for Columbus, mainly because I'm not satisfied with Bostons current logo/theme (after all I did just transplant it from a London concept...lol). so we'll see....

--------------

okay, update time. Another logo, the Phoenix Firebirds, this one has been giving me hell all night, forever fiddling and adjusting and playing with colour combinations, but I think I'm finally at a point where I can be happy with it (that and I need to go to bed)...

i also did a bit of a flashier wordmark...this Firebirds team is one of the flashier in the league, I'm particularly pleased with how their helmets are going to look. Think a classier version of the LA KISS.....much classier...

0zgg.jpg

I don't know if you really need the "bib" look on Wisconsin's jerseys, but I like the uniforms overall. Springfield looks a little plain to me, but with those colors, they can pull it off. Love Phoenix's wordmark, and the logo isn't half bad either.

0zgg.jpg

Took me a really long time for me to figure out what this was. From an overall perspective, it looks like a firey leaf. Maybe the hierarchy of importance is just really unclear, or the enclosed shape is preventing me from seeing something free as a bird (sorry), but yeah, not really feeling this one as it is.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Huntsville Hammers

Division: South Western

Hometown: Huntsville, AL

Stadium: The Hammerdome (fictional)

Notable Players: Maurice "Mack Truck" Tucker (RB), Brutus Jackson (DT), Elton Bozeman (S)

Notes: This one was based on the Yellowhammer bird, with the markings on the helmet mimicking those on the head of the bird. I then tried to carry that striping pattern through the rest of the uniform. With all these teams I'm going to try and move away from the idea of a white away jersey, unless the design actually calls for it (as was the case for the Enforcers and Crusaders). I've always liked the idea of colour vs colour, and it should be an interesting challenge (ie. headache) to make it so all the combinations work together well enough...

Logos coming soon....

0n3r.jpgd3nh.jpg

As a Huntsville native (Huntsvillian?) I really like this. Sure beats the overly cartoonish and neon yellow that they currently wear.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived