Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe a Canadian team not acquiring the Cup is more because of economics than because of gamesmanship from an illegal stick the Hockey Gods later punished (that I'll take total fault for not knowing). But every little detail occurring to Canadian teams in the championship series since the events in 1993 have been highly coincidental, enough to render some sort of spiritual awakening.

"Maybe it's all down to simple economics and hard numbers, but no! Hockey gods and Marty McSorley voodoo!"

It's the kind of things which make sports unique. The Bambino, Billy Goat, Billy Penn, Bela Guttmann, The Colonel, Marty McSorley...all those legendary superstitions add to the whole mystique and intrigue of sports.

Except, and here's the important part, the Marty McSorley curse is. Not. Legendary. At. All. It's something I hadn't even heard of until you started talking about it. It sounds like something you made up and tried to inflate to "legendary" status. And now you won't shut up about it because trying to hard to fit in is what you do around here.

3 goals.

2 posts.

1 penalty shot denial.

The Kings are putting on an absolute clinic.

Hmm, when I hit "quote" on this post it said "Kings in 5." Did you go back and notice that their body of work with Chicago does not bode well for winning in 5?

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Yeah, Corey Crawford > Overhyped Rookie Goaltender, so...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, Corey Crawford > Overhyped Rookie Goaltender, so...

Who gets to injure Mike Richards this year? I nominate Bollig. It sounds like Bolland.

If he's as disgusted as the Ducks fandom then wouldn't you think he'd come back? He's Favre'd before so it's worth thinking about unless he's already too deep and too kinda bad at this point.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I feel bad for Teemu, his career was way too good for it to end like this.

For some reason, this reminds me of the way Dan Marino's career ended, in complete annihilation by the other team.

If Teemu's last game is a Ducks loss, the more valiant thing would be for Anaheim to fight hard until the end instead of this, though they still have time in Game 7 to find a rhythm.

Well, after Colorado and Anaheim and St. Louis dominated the headlines- it's LA-Chicago again. Oh, joy.

I'm not sure you've ever made a post where you haven't whined about something.

LA-Chicago is good hockey. We saw this last year. I'd rather embrace it than prefer to see lesser teams playing in the bigger games, but, well, that's just me.

spacer.png

Like the Wild the Kings are not going to be the same 2013 version that got beaten in five games. Obviously I'd love the Blackhawks to repeat last year's results but I don't see it being so simple.

Ducks fans right now:

tDXwZIY.gif

twitter

It's not even like the 2013 LA Kings were a poor team or anything. I think every meeting between the 'Hawks and Kings in 2013, season opening game aside, was a one-goal decision. Chicago was the better team, but the Kings were probably only a few fortunate bounces away from being on the positive end of that series.

I'd be very surprised if it was another five-gamer, in either direction, this year.

spacer.png

Well, after Colorado and Anaheim and St. Louis dominated the headlines- it's LA-Chicago again. Oh, joy.

I'm not sure you've ever made a post where you haven't whined about something.

LA-Chicago is good hockey. We saw this last year. I'd rather embrace it than prefer to see lesser teams playing in the bigger games, but, well, that's just me.

I don't like sequels. I don't like rematches. Plain and simple.

I wanted to see Colorado shock the world, or Anaheim win it for Teemu, or San Jose/St. Louis potentially finally make it to June.

Chicago? LA? Take out 2011 Vancouver and that's 4 of the last 5 West reps. How uninteresting. Where's the joy in seeing someone win again?

Plus, the Kings seem to have a "Wake us up in the playoffs" feel and SIX ELIMINATION GAMES with no home-ice advantage is playing with fire and somehow not getting burned.

I expect everyone to ride the Kings' dicks like a mechanical bull because they blew out Anaheim and you're only as good as your last game, but it's hard to see them dominating the Hawks. 14 games played, they play again in less than 48 hours against a team that's had days to rest up, the Hawks have traditionally been able to counteract the Kings' plodding dump and chase. We shall see.

I expect everyone to ride the Kings' dicks like a mechanical bull because they blew out Anaheim and you're only as good as your last game, but it's hard to see them dominating the Hawks. 14 games played, they play again in less than 48 hours against a team that's had days to rest up, the Hawks have traditionally been able to counteract the Kings' plodding dump and chase. We shall see.

It seems everyone (media wise) has since they won the Cup.

deK8sJk.png

How soon can they get Trey Parker and Matt Stone to whip up a "CRAWWWFOOOORRRDD" Cartman thing?

twitter

It seems everyone (media wise) has since they won the Cup.

Dynasty in the making. Look how much size they have! They have such size! Size size size!

Come on, Ducks, don't let them take this last period off. Keep things sporting.

Archived