Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

Squatting on the Stanley Cup megathread because it's perennially a contender for thread of the year. Thread title in honor of the Blues unraveling like a cheap sweater, the grand farce that Toews and Kane are coming back 100%, and the general malaise and self-loathing that besets us all during this. And a badass riff. And Igor.

Playoff bracket as of now, subject to change:

FACKIN' MAWSHANN!

v.

Natural Rivals of the Florida Panthers

Le seul espoir pour tout le Canada, même les merdes anglophones

v.

Maple Wings

Sidney Crosby and the "I Didn't Do It" Dancers

v.

THE BEEJ

Scott Arniel and the Columbus Blue Jackets

v.

Look, We Don't Know What We're Doing Here, Either

The Anaheim Ducks

v.

Not the St. Patrick's Day Blackhawks

The NHL's Best Fans

v.

Dynasty in the Making

So Like We Still Have Sakic and Roy Right Okay Cool I Remember Them

v.

I Come from the Land of the Ice and Snow and the Stifling Culture of Nordic/Germanic Passive-Aggressive Judgment

Arch Rivals

v.

A Passing Fad for Bros Named Chad

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You managed to mixed my favourite band with my new least favourite thread, Admiral. Nice work.

Silversun Pickups?

What will you put if Phoenix sneaks in over Dallas? And yeah I knew for sure you were gonna put that about the Sharks.

I don't know exactly, but something that has to do with the whole wannabe Canadian thing they got going down there.

You have the Jackets there twice, although I'm fine with you forgetting the Big Apple Country Club. Arniel is in NY... :therock:

And you should write "Le seul espoir" for the Habs.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I don't have a team to cheer for in the playoffs, so I guess I will sublease my fandom for the next few months...

Here are the teams I'd like to see win it all.

Columbus - It would be awesome!

Colorado - Worst to first under Patrick Roy

It would be neat if any of the following won.

Pit, Chi, SJ or ANA.

And a special place in my heart to who ever takes out Detroit.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

It blows my mind that the Rangers are as good as they are with so many wasteland-era Blue Jackets on their roster plus the worst head coach in the last five years running their power play.

Anywhooo Blue Jackets lost Nathan Horton for the playoffs. He had abdominal surgery today, which really blows because he's a playoff monster.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Pit, Chi, SJ or ANA.

You have a special place for the team that beats the Red Wings, but consider it neat if Pittsburgh won. Interesting.

Anyway, I have an obvious fixation as to my champion. But if not them, here are my top three preferred teams to win it all:

1. Blue Jackets

2. Sharks

3. Avalanche

And here are the teams that would make me harpoon myself in the skull if they won the Cup:

3. Blackhawks (not really a hated team, but them winning it again? It's a fatigue thing.)

2. Penguins

1. Red Wings

And the teams which would make me slam my head against a stucco wall for every day they're in the playoffs:

1. Phoenix

2. Glendale

3. Coyotes

I don't have a team to cheer for in the playoffs, so I guess I will sublease my fandom for the next few months...

Here are the teams I'd like to see win it all.

Columbus - It would be awesome!

Colorado - Worst to first under Patrick Roy

Pit, Chi, SJ or ANA.

Fortunately I haven't been in the situation of my team not being in the playoffs recently. However if not the Sharks, I don't want Anaheim, LA, Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Boston, Pittsburgh, and Detroit. Basically, I don't want any rivals and/or recent champs to win.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I'm kind of disappointed with your effort on the Ducks, admiral. :lol: I mean hell, "Getzlaf's Bald Spot", "How long until Teemu kicks the bucket?", "Bruce Boudreau avoids the early flameout", "Real Hockey Players of Orange County", etc. Something! :lol:

Otherwise, exemplary, as always.

---

My playoff rooting interest power rankings:

1. Mighty Anaheim Ducks (duh, obvi. leggooooo.)

2. Columbus Beej Jackets

3. Whoever isn't San Jose/Los Angeles/Pittsburgh/Detroit

4. Le Club de hockey Canadien

5. St. Louis Blues

6. Minnesota Wild

7. Colorado Avalanche

8. Tampa Bay Lightning

9. Chicago Blackhawks

10. Boston Bruins

11. New York Rangers

12. Philadelphia Flyers

13. Dallas Stars

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Chicagiensis Delenda Est?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm kind of disappointed with your effort on the Ducks, admiral. :lol: I mean hell, "Getzlaf's Bald Spot", "How long until Teemu kicks the bucket?", "Bruce Boudreau avoids the early flameout", "Real Hockey Players of Orange County", etc. Something! :lol:

Otherwise, exemplary, as always.

---

My playoff rooting interest power rankings:

1. Mighty Anaheim Ducks (duh, obvi. leggooooo.)

2. Columbus Beej Jackets

3. Whoever isn't San Jose/Los Angeles/Pittsburgh/Detroit

4. Le Club de hockey Canadien

5. St. Louis Blues

6. Minnesota Wild

7. Colorado Avalanche

8. Tampa Bay Lightning

9. Chicago Blackhawks

10. Boston Bruins

11. New York Rangers

12. Philadelphia Flyers

13. Dallas Stars

I agree with this list 100%.

When push comes to shove anyone but San Jose ("NHL's Best Fans"? Seriously?), Boston (UGGGGG), or Detroit (die) would be fine.

Pit, Chi, SJ or ANA.

You have a special place for the team that beats the Red Wings, but consider it neat if Pittsburgh won. Interesting.

Leafs fans really don't like the Red Wings and are generally neutral when it comes to the Penguins.

And here are the teams that would make me harpoon myself in the skull if they won the Cup:

3. Blackhawks (not really a hated team, but them winning it again? It's a fatigue thing.)
2. Penguins
1. Red Wings

And the teams which would make me slam my head against a stucco wall for every day they're in the playoffs:

1. Phoenix
2. Glendale
3. Coyotes

Stop trying so hard.

To my fellow Blackhawks fans whom I enraged last year and showered with gloom and death, I have a new catchphrase this post-season:

2m6EXOG.gif

Also I'm glad the 'Yotes were screwed/Blues are melting down. Please let this persist indefinitely.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived