Orlando Magic to Tampa

TBGKon

This is just my own speculation, but I foresee that if the Magic do not get a new arena soon, that they will relocate to Tampa and play in the beautiful St Pete Times Forum and be called the ____________ (insert nickname here). What do you all think

Personally I think this would be an excellent move. Having professional teams in Orlando is just sick! :puke:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I doubt they'd move there since the NBA prefers markets that aren't already saturated with sports and Tampa already has 3 teams (4 if you count the Storm).

Personally, I'd like the NBA to try Louisville. Being on the border of Indiana and Kentucky should make it an easy sell for hoops.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Personally, I'd like the NBA to try Louisville. Being on the border of Indiana and Kentucky should make it an easy sell for hoops.

Nah, Cincinnati is where it's at my friend! :D

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Cincinnati, where the airport is in another state :D

I saw, I came, I left.

other than the fact it sort of reminds me of a phone :blink::wacko: i think its awesome!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Cincinnati, where the airport is in another state :D

Off topic, but reminds me of an observation...

Everyone I've ever met that says they're from "Cincinatti", are really from Kentucky. People I've met who are really from Cinicinatti all say they're from "Ohio".

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Maybe Cincitucky can have the Hornets. Then they can jumpoff the Cardinals-Bearcats rivalry into the pros.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Why does Orlando need a new arena? I didn't go inside of it, but it looked like it was relatively new. Was it poorly designed or something?

From what I've heard & read, the O-Rena was not built with enough luxury suites. The same thing that plagued Miami Arena, which is why the Heat and the Panthers both built separate arenas for themselves. I also don't think the Magic get much revenue from the arena, since they don't own it.

In Boston, the Fleet Center is basically the Bruins'. Jeremy Jacobs owns all the concessions in the arena, the Celtics only get a small precentage of the profits. If the Celtics decide to build their own arena in Boston, they would own the concessions there, and make much more profits from the various events that would be held there.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Everyone I've ever met that says they're from "Cincinatti", are really from Kentucky. People I've met who are really from Cinicinatti all say they're from "Ohio".

That's a weird observation. What about Kansas City?

Retired Number's To Come

That's a weird observation. What about Kansas City?

My experience has been that people say they are from KC without making a state designation. Much of the KC metro residential population lives in the Kansas counties just west of KC, Missouri but there is also a good sized suburban population in Jackson, Clay and Platte Counties in MO that is outside of KC proper.

The situation is even greater in St. Louis, where only about 10-12% of the St. Louis metro population actually lives in the city of St. Louis. Most people live in St. Louis County (the city of St. Louis is its own county and an entirely separate political subdivision than St. Louis County), St. Charles County, and Jefferson County in MO and Madison & St. Clair Counties in Illinois. Nonetheless, most of us call ourselves St. Louisans.

I think if you live in a city that's that close to a state border or exists right on a state border you probably don't pay much attention to whatever state you're in. I would think you would just say that you're from that specific city without mentioning any state at all.

Retired Number's To Come

Interesting related observation - sometimes even national boundaries don't even matter. I don't know how many times I was asked in college, probably half jokingly, if I was from Canada. Must be the New York Metro area forgetting the rest of the state exists again...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I think if you live in a city that's that close to a state border or exists right on a state border you probably don't pay much attention to whatever state you're in. I would think you would just say that you're from that specific city without mentioning any state at all.

Unless you live in Fargo or Grand Forks, ND, since they're right on the border of ND/MN, and sales taxes are a little nicer to you in Minnesota (no tax on clothes, etc).

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived