pitt6pack

Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LIV (Textures Added)

Recommended Posts

Seeing as the Super Bowl fields have been terrible since SB XLIV, I don't doubt that they'll keep the current template. The Steelers/Falcons field would look the best, though Pats/Falcons would look nice as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rpitt6SB said:

Can you still do your classic helmets designs in the end zones ? I hope they bring back the conference logos though. Can u do it that style as well thanks ? 

I'm working on the helmets fields now. Always loved that style, and the NFL always chose the more colorful rout. I play around with those more than these fields.

 

19 hours ago, Cujo said:

Based on what we got with last year's *new* field design, the Falcons and Steelers would have black endzones. 

SB50 should have been Broncos orange and Carolina blue -- NFL gave us a disappointing navy and black.

I highly doubt the Steelers would have a black endzone, because they never have, not even at Three Rivers / Heinze Field that I can recall. The gold endzones are iconic so I'd be really surprised if they did have black. The Broncos had a recent history of blue endzones in Super Bowls, since the uniform change, and the Panthers have always done black endzones, including at home. The Falcons could possibly have a black endzone, but they where red uniforms and used red in Super Bowl XXXIII, when if probably would have made more sense to use black. 

 

11 hours ago, jc... said:

Who knows. It seems like the last few years we've has little surprises we didn't see coming. Like no conference logos last year. No Elvis on the left side but under the Patriots script the year before. Broncos orange script before that. And even swerved us when we saw the pallet of gold paint for the 49ers and we got a red end zone.

Saying what I did to respond to thee last post, I think there will be some sort of unforeseen surprise. Hopefully a good one though. The teamboxes in Super Bowl XLIX were good, so maybe a return of something like that. Or maybe (but really no chance at all) some helmets somewhere.

 

Anyways, here are some fields with the return of AFC / NFC logos.

51-2-_2-1.png

 

51-2-_4-1.png

 

51-2-_2-3.png

 

51-2-_4-3.png

 

If anything, it would be nice to see the return of the conference logos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a huge fan of the NFL and being extremely interested in the design of the Super Bowl field since I can remember my first, Super Bowl 18 (Raiders/Washington), I must say I am SO disappointed with the direction of the field/logos for the most important game the league plays. Since Super Bowl 45 starting with the generic logo template, it just gets worse. I really wonder who is making these decisions. It's like league execs are getting together before every super bowl and saying "How can we make the field less and less aesthetically appealing?" Is it a cost cutting move or are they really that boring? How can a field design get worse over time? Anyways...I sincerely hope they go back to a end zone design featuring the team helmets and conference logos. The SB 50 end zone design was so bad. You would think you'd at least do a throwback field design or something extra special for the 50th! No Conference logos and the symmetry of the word marks were off! I think it looks so much better when they outline the numbers with team colors and have some personality to the Super Bowl logo (does the league not want to pay an artist to design a new logo every year?), not the same template with some small changes. The best looking field ever was SB 33, even though my Vikings should have been there:( Doing something similar to that and the earlier SB fields would be the best IMO. Can I please have the job to design the field? Sorry for the rant....Come on NFL! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say he is spot on for the endzone colors for the four teams.  The only year that I recall alternate/secondary color endzones was SB34 when Tennessee has light blue over navy and the Rams had gold over royal.

 

As for the Steelers, have they ever had a black Super Bowl endzone?  SB42 and SB45 both had yellow for sure, and I believe 40 did as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angelo18 said:

As a huge fan of the NFL and being extremely interested in the design of the Super Bowl field since I can remember my first, Super Bowl 18 (Raiders/Washington), I must say I am SO disappointed with the direction of the field/logos for the most important game the league plays. Since Super Bowl 45 starting with the generic logo template, it just gets worse. I really wonder who is making these decisions. It's like league execs are getting together before every super bowl and saying "How can we make the field less and less aesthetically appealing?" Is it a cost cutting move or are they really that boring? How can a field design get worse over time? Anyways...I sincerely hope they go back to a end zone design featuring the team helmets and conference logos. The SB 50 end zone design was so bad. You would think you'd at least do a throwback field design or something extra special for the 50th! No Conference logos and the symmetry of the word marks were off! I think it looks so much better when they outline the numbers with team colors and have some personality to the Super Bowl logo (does the league not want to pay an artist to design a new logo every year?), not the same template with some small changes. The best looking field ever was SB 33, even though my Vikings should have been there:( Doing something similar to that and the earlier SB fields would be the best IMO. Can I please have the job to design the field? Sorry for the rant....Come on NFL! 

I think it's more a matter of building a brand. Simpler logos that are the same every year are more recognizable as the same event. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if the logos weren't so bad and allowed for more variability from year to year.

 

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

I'd say he is spot on for the endzone colors for the four teams.  The only year that I recall alternate/secondary color endzones was SB34 when Tennessee has light blue over navy and the Rams had gold over royal.

 

As for the Steelers, have they ever had a black Super Bowl endzone?  SB42 and SB45 both had yellow for sure, and I believe 40 did as well.

They certainly made the atheistic choice for Super Bowl XXXIV which would be nice if they did now a days. But now they just follow a formula and a pattern for what ever reason.

 

Anyways, modern-retro mix style fields, with some other changes.

51-3-_2-1.png

 

51-3-_4-1.png

 

51-3-_2-3.png

 

51-3-_4-3.png

 

Really would love to see something like this. Won't happen of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont understand why the NFL don't like to panit helmets at all anymore those look good even with the old style facemask. They used old style even when it wasn't used for a long time until 1994 95 season. Then the NFL went to the more modern style and moved them to the 30 yard line in the 1997 super bowl in San Diego to 2003 in San Diego. Can you do this year that style as well ? Those were good field designs as well. Like this one in 1999. I'm a steeler fan as well but the Steelers didn't make it to this style in the 1997-2003 field era. Thanks 

6QdRma0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the NFL design team would see that their are people who care about field designs. I hope someone from their would see this and make this happen somehow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I'd say he is spot on for the endzone colors for the four teams.  The only year that I recall alternate/secondary color endzones was SB34 when Tennessee has light blue over navy and the Rams had gold over royal.

 

As for the Steelers, have they ever had a black Super Bowl endzone?  SB42 and SB45 both had yellow for sure, and I believe 40 did as well.

The Steelers never had a black end zone in the Super Bowl and they only tried it once when Three Rivers was opened in 1970 in a preseason game against the Giants.  I liked it with the gold letters, but if you have the AFC logo and Steelers logo included, it wouldn't be a great look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I'd say he is spot on for the endzone colors for the four teams.  The only year that I recall alternate/secondary color endzones was SB34 when Tennessee has light blue over navy and the Rams had gold over royal.

 

As for the Steelers, have they ever had a black Super Bowl endzone?  SB42 and SB45 both had yellow for sure, and I believe 40 did as well.

The NFL used to used secondary colors in the end zone often, mostly due to clash with the helmet colors (this is why the Giants' end zones were red in 1986 and '90). And the Steelers have only had a black end zone once, a preseason game in 1970. Would be cool to see a return, though.

 

As an aside, I actually don't prefer the helmet-field look of the previous Super Bowls; I've always thought helmets were more equipment-oriented rather than team design. I would much rather see the SB XLII format with outlined numbers and trimmed 20/50 yard lines. The helmet look does run circles around the current format though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Patriots make the Super Bowl, then I think the field will go back to using conference logos. I think SBXLIX established that the Patriots will use the wordmark with the logo on it in the endzone, and they will not use both that and the logo. If the NFL didn't put a conference logo in the endzone, then it would be just a navy blue background with the wordmark and logo on top, presumably centered. This is the most boring possible combination, and I hope the NFL would avoid it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I'd say he is spot on for the endzone colors for the four teams.  The only year that I recall alternate/secondary color endzones was SB34 when Tennessee has light blue over navy and the Rams had gold over royal.

 

As for the Steelers, have they ever had a black Super Bowl endzone?  SB42 and SB45 both had yellow for sure, and I believe 40 did as well.

Dont think they ever have. I think the gold on black is better then black on gold. Either way, id be happy just to see a steelers endzone logo in houston in 2 weeks lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, PGH412 said:

Dont think they ever have. I think the gold on black is better then black on gold. Either way, id be happy just to see a steelers endzone logo in houston in 2 weeks lol 

If memory serves, the Steelers have done a gold background with black lettering over the last few super bowls, right?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Capt. America said:

If memory serves, the Steelers have done a gold background with black lettering over the last few super bowls, right?

 

Every one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Capt. America said:

If memory serves, the Steelers have done a gold background with black lettering over the last few super bowls, right?

 

correct. 

https://suttonstylepoints.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/super-bowl.jpg - superbowl 45

http://images.publicradio.org/content/2009/02/02/20090202_super_bowl_33.jpg - superbowl 43

http://imgsrc.art.com/img/print/print/super-bowl-xl-ford-field-steelers-celebration_a-g-1637585-0.jpg?w=860&h=698 superbowl 40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all this talk about black endzones, here's one crack at it

51_black.png

 

Gives off a bit of a college football championship vibe. And I find it funny that people are wondering about endzone colors in previous Super Bowl's in a thread that has re-creations of every Super Bowl field. They're linked on the first page by the way.Honestly though, this field wouldn't look as bad as I thought it might. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Gives off a bit of a college football championship vibe. And I find it funny that people are wondering about endzone colors in previous Super Bowl's in a thread that has re-creations of every Super Bowl field. They're linked on the first page by the way.Honestly though, this field wouldn't look as bad as I thought it might. 

Never assume people have brains.

 

It looks much worse then the yellow/red combo..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, the Falcons actually look better with a black end zone. The Steelers needn't change from a yellow one, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. Black End Zone for the Falcons and gold for the Steelers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what Falcons red endzone white wordmark would look like to reflect how it looks on their home jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One in a Super Bowl XXXI - XXXVII style, using @logoroy 's Super Bowl LI logo (with permission of course). You can find his concept here: 

51-4-_2-3.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.