Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

22 minutes ago, RamosLynn said:

It is awful no matter how you slice it. Far and away the worst logo of the new design (LVI-Present) and up there for worst ever, i wish it was hyperbole.

Here's an image with a little higher detail.

Looks like this was a picture taken of a screen. That does affect the colors a bit. I'd love to see how the logo looks in an official digital format, or in print.

GGJkZPvacAAQs83.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

Here's an image with a little higher detail.

Looks like this was a picture taken of a screen. That does affect the colors a bit. I'd love to see how the logo looks in an official digital format, or in print.

GGJkZPvacAAQs83.jpg

Yeah I'm gonna need to see an official render of this logo, before I cast judgement

gT1BtSs.png

2 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

Also... Another 49ers-Chiefs Super Bowl, another Super Bowl where all TDs were scored on the 49ers endzone.

3 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

And wanted to get one last thing in to completely wrap up Super Bowl LVIII.

Official alternate fields

Lions vs Ravens

Sb84qYl.png

49ers vs Ravens

GNs20cx.png

Lions vs Chiefs

vCRiKbT.png

Best looking one……Ravens and Lions the Super Bowl America wanted but the league script writers said No! 

Here is a better image of the new logo, that more resembles what we will see in digital and physical media.

Super%20Bowl%20LIX%20Hero%20Card%204.jpg

Less detail in the logo (no individual beads) than in the unveiling, but we saw this last year when the Super Bowl LVIII logo was first released.

There's some neat patterns in there, but certainly my least favorite logo of the colored numeral era (LVI to now)

• Love 1

5 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Here is a better image of the new logo, that more resembles what we will see in digital and physical media.

Super%20Bowl%20LIX%20Hero%20Card%204.jpg

Less detail in the logo (no individual beads) than in the unveiling, but we saw this last year when the Super Bowl LVIII logo was first released.

There's some neat patterns in there, but certainly my least favorite logo of the colored numeral era (LVI to now)

From a design and composition standpoint, the weight of the numerals combined with the pattern detailing makes for a really distracting, busy logo altogether. The "L" only stands clear because of the trophy in-between it but the "IX" looks like one big blob of color and shapes.  I was really excited for this recent design approach to blend with New Orleans aesthetics and themes, but this might be the most rough execution they could've taken. It's a shame because the recent logos were really some of the best we've gotten in the 21st century.

9 hours ago, ASkluz18 said:

Best looking one……Ravens and Lions the Super Bowl America wanted but the league script writers said No! 

To what might have been. Well, there is always next year. And by adding better personnel by Free agency or the Draft Maybe?

John 

A long-suffering Lions Fan!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

The quality of the paint and field this year was very good.  It looked bright and vivid all game and aside from Greenlaw's unfortunate sideline injury, looks like it held up well compared to last year.  

Sadly, the game is returning to FieldTurf next year, and type they use at the Superdome always seems to look more faded and greyish than typical FieldTurf, so I hope they can improve that.  

I will tentatively predict Rams vs Ravens for next season.

Who knows. Though the Lions are changing Uniforms next year. Perhaps having the throwbacks being the Barry Sanders Era Unis, and a Black alternate. 

John

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2024 at 11:39 AM, udubfan19 said:

watching some old seahawks highlights and found out that the giants have an unreported field on the website (notice the pink outline around 'giants')

fQJbDQp.png

You have a full list of games when they did this?

Easy update for me to make.

(Also, I have a separate thread for non-Super Bowl fields here, to post future things like this)

6 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

You have a full list of games when they did this?

Easy update for me to make.

(Also, I have a separate thread for non-Super Bowl fields here, to post future things like this)

no list but probably the giants games in october that year.

also didn't know the existence of the other thread.