Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

3 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

Blank borders? Can't remember if that is how they usually do it, but if it's not and this is how it will be, i honestly don't hate it.

Oh god. WHY DON'T YOU COLOR IN THAT SPACE?? THIS TREND HAS SPREAD TO THE SUPER BOWL???

(in case you can't tell, I really hate end zones that aren't fully colored)

33 minutes ago, RamosLynn said:

I... don't hate it honestly. I think the red 49ers saloon wordmark is a bigger travesty, if anything.

Let's just say we could not be further from agreement. I love the saloon wordmark and the 49ers should never have retired it in the 00s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Let's just say we could not be further from agreement. I love the saloon wordmark and the 49ers should never have retired it in the 00s.

Fair enough mate! Saloon font is not the problem to me, it is the fact that it is red. Gold saloon font would've been better imo OR, gold endzone to also contrast with the red of the logo.

• Like 2

Again, that's just the artificial turf field. That's not the grass field they'll be playing on. The leave the gap so the paint doesn't stain the white sewn in border. 

• Like 1

iq5b7nF.png

1 hour ago, jc... said:

Again, that's just the artificial turf field. That's not the grass field they'll be playing on. The leave the gap so the paint doesn't stain the white sewn in border. 

Correct.  The field outside has the Super Bowl logo already painted on.  This is just the one being used for Media Day Monday.  

• Like 3

I don't necessarily hate the 49ers wordmark being red but gold would've been better. The spacing is pretty decent but with a shorter wordmark it does look off-kilter. The positive i find in this, is that it does set it apart from SB LIV.

Super Bowl logos look great and overall I think this is a solid looking field.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2024 at 12:51 AM, ruttep said:

49ers would likely use the red version of the saloon font that they've put in their end zones for the playoffs this year

Lord, I apologize. 

iq5b7nF.png

18 hours ago, RamosLynn said:

I don't necessarily hate the 49ers wordmark being red but gold would've been better. The spacing is pretty decent but with a shorter wordmark it does look off-kilter. The positive i find in this, is that it does set it apart from SB LIV.

Super Bowl logos look great and overall I think this is a solid looking field.

Not sure why we (Chiefs) can't have red endzones for the Super Bowl, we don't really use yellow as a primary color at all. 

• Like 1

gT1BtSs.png

2 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Not sure why we (Chiefs) can't have red endzones for the Super Bowl, we don't really use yellow as a primary color at all. 

I've never understood that either.  I know it's your accent color in uniforms, but it's no where in your current logo and that yellow specifically isn't terribly flattering as a field color either (much less a full end zone color). But for the sake of offsetting the niners end zone like it was for LIV, it feels like they've just kinda...stuck with it. I thought the red end zone would've played well with the Eagles last year, to really bookend the field with the SBLVII logo design colors between. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 6:45 PM, ruttep said:

spacer.png

Another pic showing the absolute travesty that is blank end zone borders

I find it interesting how the grounds crew essentially demo'd field artwork on the ground level turf before doing the real thing on the roll-in grass tray that will actually be used for the game. It makes me wish they were using the raiders block yard numbers for the game instead of the standard schoolbook font. 

32 minutes ago, gregor630 said:

It makes me wish they were using the raiders block yard numbers for the game instead of the standard schoolbook font. 

Agreed. It gave the Super Bowl LII field a special flair when they used the Vikings' yard number font, even if the rest of the field was completely dull

spacer.png

10 hours ago, gregor630 said:

I've never understood that either.  I know it's your accent color in uniforms, but it's no where in your current logo and that yellow specifically isn't terribly flattering as a field color either (much less a full end zone color). But for the sake of offsetting the niners end zone like it was for LIV, it feels like they've just kinda...stuck with it. I thought the red end zone would've played well with the Eagles last year, to really bookend the field with the SBLVII logo design colors between. 

Spoiler

I think the reason why the chiefs have yellow endzones is due to having yellow in super bowls I and IV. They may have just stuck with it since 🤷‍♂️

15 hours ago, maxwasson said:

They did yellow endzones in the 2019 playoffs to throw back to the 1960s team, which went with the celebrations of the league's history since it was the NFL's 100th year, 60 since the AFL was founded, and 50 years since they won SBIV.  KC's ownership is rather tradition-minded so I assume they've kept it going because it's a connection to their successful AFL years (also they keep winning with yellow endzones)