Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

38 minutes ago, JQK said:

Super Bowl LVII "Modern Traditional"
Using the field design system and color scheming from the "golden era" of Super Bowl field design
Bp7yGI6.png

Looks pretty basic but epic. Love it. Imagine if both endzones were black (for a little night mode version), and while keeping the current text colors but have the colors of those endzones as the trim line (i.e.: Chiefs with yellow trim on red, and Eagles with silver trim on green).

• Like 1
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

43 minutes ago, RamosLynn said:

Here is a decent look at the field. Worth noting, no outline on Eagles wordmark, at least not just yet

spacer.png

There is actually a black outline. Hard to see from a distance

FoJxT9UaAAA2kHT?format=jpg&name=small

3 hours ago, TBGKon said:

It looks darker than the field of grass, maybe not the complete coat of black?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0ZABozGJUcDaC8K5y1hqYvXjiGQzHuZPS4g96KPhsVzkeC76zCUunGHog8gCxTdnnl&id=102042542297&mibextid=qC1gEa

This post from the cardinals Facebook gives a pretty good idea of what’s going on. I think the black and dark grey paint won’t go on until the night before the game. So that blank outline on the eagles word mark and dark details in the Super Bowl logos will likely be filled in on Saturday. 

Found this (and other) images from a cnet article.  Looks like a black outline on the Eagles word mark, and alternating “dark/light” grass cut on the field.  

Link to source article https://www.cnet.com/pictures/explore-the-cameras-trucks-and-retractable-field-at-super-bowl-lvii/10/

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by cindyva
Add link to source

11 hours ago, cindyva said:

Found this (and other) images from a cnet article. Looks like a black outline on the Eagles word mark, and alternating “dark/light” grass cut on the field.  

Link to source article https://www.cnet.com/pictures/explore-the-cameras-trucks-and-retractable-field-at-super-bowl-lvii/10/

Another step in the right direction for SB fields. I really dig this field

$800,000 and 2 years go growing for that? Disappointing to say the least. Not only the obvious slipping and sliding for 4 quarters but the white paint speckles littered all over the field after the start on the game. The contrasting shades of green stripping every 5 yards also disappeared quickly. I think it's time to make some changes from personal (sorry, TOMA) to strategy, a billion dollar organization must do better than what happened tonight! Embarrassing NFL 

1 hour ago, Angelo18 said:

$800,000 and 2 years go growing for that? Disappointing to say the least. Not only the obvious slipping and sliding for 4 quarters but the white paint speckles littered all over the field after the start on the game. The contrasting shades of green stripping every 5 yards also disappeared quickly. I think it's time to make some changes from personal (sorry, TOMA) to strategy, a billion dollar organization must do better than what happened tonight! Embarrassing NFL 

The USGA apparently helped the NFL. That may explain something but yeah tonight was pathetic on multiple levels. At least @pitt6pack's recreation looks nice

Working on getting the Super Bowl logo right for my final field diagram.

Here's the basic process to get to a finished product.

Rest of the field I won't get to until next week (really busy work week unfortunately)

Found a good jpeg image that I could manipulate the URL to get a nearly 10,000 pixel wide very high def image (this is resized back down to 1,024 pixels)

fXsdUFN.png

Scaled to correct perspective where the logo is on the field (camera lenses will skew the edges, but the center where the logo is, is pretty close)

JBB1WG7.jpg

Finally, apply to field (I also color matched the grass shades)

s4bNp2s.png

That gets me the most accurate depiction of the on field Super Bowl logo as possible. I'll try to do the same with the NFL logo if I find a good enough pre-game image of it.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Applause 2