Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

Here's our matchup.Y4QgdQS.png

This will just be speculation on what the field could look like, based on the past several seasons. I'll still hold out some hope that we could see something different and interesting, but I can't say I have much hope for that. Maybe they paint the teamboxes similar to Super Bowl XLIX.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

38 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

This will just be speculation on what the field could look like, based on the past several seasons. I'll still hold out some hope that we could see something different and interesting, but I can't say I have much hope for that. Maybe they paint the teamboxes similar to Super Bowl XLIX.

Sorry for not being araound. Been reall busy at the Home Depot Online Contact Center, I will be volunteering for SB LVII and possibly the stadium. I am suscribed to the State Farm Stadium accout, so I hope to have confirmation as the actulal field was installed early last week so it will have 3 weeks to firm up and be ready for the game

• Like 1

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

Maybe we will get lucky and they will paint the 20's team colors?  Not holding my breath.  

6 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Is there a chance they paint the Chiefs endzone red since they aren't facing a red endzone (Niners, Bucs)

yUTIIqk.png

1 hour ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Is there a chance they paint the Chiefs endzone red since they aren't facing a red endzone (Niners, Bucs)

They should have a red endzone with yellow text, in fact in some of the older Maddens that I've played when the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl the endzones would be red not yellow. 

QNXVyki.png

54 minutes ago, maxwasson said:

They should have a red endzone with yellow text, in fact in some of the older Maddens that I've played when the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl the endzones would be red not yellow. 

The Chiefs originally chose yellow back for Super Bowl LIV because they were using their yellow throwback endzones as a tribute to their Super Bowl IV win. They used those through the playoffs, then went on and chose it for the Super Bowl. Kept the same design for the following season after winning with the yellow endzones. It will be interesting, now a couple years removed from all that, and following a loss in their last Super Bowl with yellow endzones, if they keep the same design, or move onto something different. It's not often teams change endzone colors without a design change, especially when they're currently in a string of recent Super Bowl appearances.

The only endzone color changes I can think of within a relatively short time frame (so, for example, ignoring the Packers change from yellow to green between SB II and XXXI) would be:

Vikings from purple to yellow between IV and VIII (this happened because the endzone design used purple helmets)

Dolphins from Aqua to Coral between XVII and XIX (I'm speculating because the dolphins had aqua facemasks on the endzone helmets)
and Patriots from red to navy between XXXI and XXXVI

Outside of that, there aren't many more examples of teams that changed the basic color, even between design changes. I think just:
Packers (yellow to green)

Eagles (silver to green => only silver to begin with because of green helmets in SB XV endzone)

Bears (orange to navy => only orange to begin with because of navy helmets in SB XX endzone)

Giants (red to blue => only red to begin with because of blue helmets in SB XXI/XXV endzones)

Broncos (orange to navy due to design changes)

Rams (yellow to navy/blue due to design changes)

So really no examples of a team changing endzone colors in a short period of time, without a design change, or a Super Bowl field design change. Really, the only team to do that is the Dolphins between Super Bowl XVII and XIX.

Not saying the Chiefs couldn't change, but it would be of note becuase of how rare it has been in the past.

1 hour ago, pitt6pack said:

The Chiefs originally chose yellow back for Super Bowl LIV because they were using their yellow throwback endzones as a tribute to their Super Bowl IV win. They used those through the playoffs, then went on and chose it for the Super Bowl. Kept the same design for the following season after winning with the yellow endzones. It will be interesting, now a couple years removed from all that, and following a loss in their last Super Bowl with yellow endzones, if they keep the same design, or move onto something different. It's not often teams change endzone colors without a design change, especially when they're currently in a string of recent Super Bowl appearances.

The only endzone color changes I can think of within a relatively short time frame (so, for example, ignoring the Packers change from yellow to green between SB II and XXXI) would be:

Vikings from purple to yellow between IV and VIII (this happened because the endzone design used purple helmets)

Dolphins from Aqua to Coral between XVII and XIX (I'm speculating because the dolphins had aqua facemasks on the endzone helmets)
and Patriots from red to navy between XXXI and XXXVI

Outside of that, there aren't many more examples of teams that changed the basic color, even between design changes. I think just:
Packers (yellow to green)

Eagles (silver to green => only silver to begin with because of green helmets in SB XV endzone)

Bears (orange to navy => only orange to begin with because of navy helmets in SB XX endzone)

Giants (red to blue => only red to begin with because of blue helmets in SB XXI/XXV endzones)

Broncos (orange to navy due to design changes)

Rams (yellow to navy/blue due to design changes)

So really no examples of a team changing endzone colors in a short period of time, without a design change, or a Super Bowl field design change. Really, the only team to do that is the Dolphins between Super Bowl XVII and XIX.

Not saying the Chiefs couldn't change, but it would be of note becuase of how rare it has been in the past.

Can you give us a mock up with the red endzone and white CHIEFS?  I would imagine the letters would be white with a red endzone right?

On 1/28/2023 at 1:24 AM, Topherlee2 said:

Here’s some of my Super Bowl field requests, pitt6pack

Chiefs vs Giants - Super Bowl XXVII

Chiefs vs Cowboys - Super Bowl VI
Chiefs vs Packers - Super Bowl XXX
Chiefs vs 49ers - Super Bowl XXXII
Chiefs vs Rams - Super Bowl XXXVIII

I can't do all of the requests due to being too busy but this was a fast one

spacer.png

• Like 1

Another pick of the field

FnwewD-X0AI8KpD?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like the Super Bowl logos will span a width of 16 yards this season, larger than the 14 yards from last season. The height however is what looks to remain the same as last season.
So maybe a new standard height for the on field Super Bowl logo for at least the next few seasons.

• Like 4