Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

43 minutes ago, JQK said:

Based on the images it looks like this is how we'll look... (Pit does better with the shading/grass look/minute details...)
EuGcTOG.png

One thing I've been interested in, is, will the Eagles wordmark have the black outline, or not?

The NFL tends to remove outlines like that for the Super Bowl lately. Officially, the Eagles wordmark, when on a midnight green background is just white, with no outline. But, of course as we've seen in Philadelphia all season, the outline has been there.

I predicted no outline, but I'd like to see it. Haven't been able to get an images of the Eagles endzone yet.

I will say though, the new Eagles wordmark fits much better to a current Super Bowl field design, with just the logo and wordmark.

14 minutes ago, pitt6pack said:

One thing I've been interested in, is, will the Eagles wordmark have the black outline, or not?

The

The NFL tends to remove outlines like that for the Super Bowl lately. Offici

The

The NFL tends to remove outlines like that for the Super Bowl lately. Officially, the Eagles wordmark, when on a midnight green background is just white, with no outline. But, of course as we've seen in Philadelphia all season, the outline has been there.

I predicted no outline, but I'd like to see it. Haven't been able to get an images of the Eagles endzone yet.

I will say though, the new Eagles wordmark fits much better to a current Super Bowl field design, with just the logo and wordmark.

Click and drag to move

NFL tends to remove outlines like that for the Super Bowl lately. Officially, the Eagles wordmark, when on a midnight green background is just white, with no outline. But, of course as we've seen in Philadelphia all season, the outline has been there.

Click and drag to move

ally, the Eagles wordmark, when on a midnight green background is just white, with no outline. But, of course as we've seen in Philadelphia all season, the outline has been there.

Click and drag to move

NFL tends to remove outlines like that for the Super Bowl lately. Officially, the Eagles wordmark, when on a midnight green background is just white, with no outline. But, of course as we've seen in Philadelphia all season, the outline has been there.

That is my one question with this too... I went with it because it's what I had but I think it may just be white on green too

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Not as far as I can tell. I assume it has, but nothing on the Official State Farm Stadium twitter, or any of the local Phoenix area news feeds yet, either. 

John

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

21 hours ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

The Eagles new wordmark is quite nice

It's not terrible, but it wouldn't surprise me if their awful endzone in LII was partially responsible for them wanting something more scalable.  Theirs was among the worst of all time due to the stupid template that the SB now follows.

52-Super-Bowl-LII-590x280.png

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

As we all assumed

FoINNG8XoAQhkX3?format=jpg&name=large

I actually quite dig this! Looks pretty nice. Far better than the absolute mess that was the SB LII design.

I don't hate the endzones not having the conference logo as long as the team logo + wordmark cover the endzone and have even spacing. It looked good on the Broncos in SB 50 and the Patriots in Super Bowls LI and LII. Looked horrible on the Eagles for SB LII and Rams in LIII.

• Like 1

I get less is more. But jeez. It's the Super Bowl. 

It seems borderline lazy. It's been real bad since Super Bowl 48. When they had the conference logos on the same side, making the Seahawks logo face the wrong way. SB49 had the Patriots word mark and logo debacle leaving a blank side. 50 had two Broncos end zones, until they fixed it, and the beginning of no conference logos. 51, the paint didn't hold up at all. 52 had the weird Eagles end zone. 

You could almost plan ahead for every Super Bowl matchup and have a template that works consistently for both teams. Some matchups work with the classic helmet end zones. Some word marks work better with no conference logos. Etc. 

iq5b7nF.png

15 minutes ago, jc... said:

I get less is more. But jeez. It's the Super Bowl. 

It seems borderline lazy. It's been real bad since Super Bowl 48. When they had the conference logos on the same side, making the Seahawks logo face the wrong way. SB49 had the Patriots word mark and logo debacle leaving a blank side. 50 had two Broncos end zones, until they fixed it, and the beginning of no conference logos. 51, the paint didn't hold up at all. 52 had the weird Eagles end zone.

My thoughts exactly. Although I miss the endzones when it had the helmets on both sides with the wordmark in the middle. The ones I could remember that were fairly well-done was SB XXX (where it had today's facemask styles, although it was on helmets since the mid-80s) and something similar with SB's XXXVIII and XXXIX (with one helmet on one side and only the conference logo on the other).

And before at least SB XLVIII, I was hoping that they would use the modern helmet with its facemask variation, such as:

*db68b5k-9c5b75e6-f340-4eb9-a73b-648a2203

or

* x-revolhelmet1_2316.jpg

• Like 1
Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

41 minutes ago, jc... said:

The 49ers forcing a throwback helmet in place of their logo in Super Bowl 54. That was almost as bad as the Patriots' SB49 endzone.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The 49ers forcing a throwback helmet in place of their logo in Super Bowl 54. That was almost as bad as the Patriots' SB49 endzone.

I liked that, actually. Because it was the 100th NFL season. The problem was the Chiefs not doing the same.

The Rams one in LIII was far worse.

Just now, RamosLynn said:

I liked that, actually. Because it was the 100th NFL season. The problem was the Chiefs not doing the same.

That Niners team had a huge boner for those '94 throwbacks and tried forcing the league to allow them to be worn in the Supe. Perhaps the end zone helmet was their compromise. It looked soooo bad. Not just because KC didn't play along, but because the helmet looked so puny and lazy. Didn't even have a stripe down the middle of the helmet.

I think SF still uses that stencil when they have a throwback home game.

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

As we all assumed

FoINNG8XoAQhkX3?format=jpg&name=large

Appears to have the black outline, which I like.

I'm guessing the Eagle logo itself is likely the same size (could even be the same template, or source template file) used as Super Bowl LII. I'm sure the NFL hangs on to the logo and wordmark cut outs (Chiefs logo and wordmark are all the exact same size as their previous two Super Bowl appearences).

One thing I've noticed about this field, is that last years NSFL logo at midfield was the first since the logo change in 2008 that was actually the correct proportions. This year, they went back tot he proportions they have been using, which is too short for the width they have.