Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

On 1/23/2024 at 12:51 AM, ruttep said:

49ers would likely use the red version of the saloon font that they've put in their end zones for the playoffs this year

What makes you think that?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

21 hours ago, ruttep said:

Think they'd try to match it up with this year's playoff endzones

spacer.png

What teams have in their end zones at home and what teams have in the endzone for the super bowl are very often two different.things... 

sB9ijEj.png

2 hours ago, JQK said:

What teams have in their end zones at home and what teams have in the endzone for the super bowl are very often two different.things... 

True, but I'm pretty sure they usually try to make use of the latest version of each team's wordmark. 

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

True, but I'm pretty sure they usually try to make use of the latest version of each team's wordmark. 

https://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=view-team-all&team_id=SF&city=San Francisco&name=49ers

It'll be interesting. With the Saloon font, the 49ers have only gone with all gold and black outlines in a red endzone. So do they go with that precedent, or with their playoff fields from this season. In their last Super Bowl trip, they used the all gold with black outlines, after doing the same for their two playoff games, and included the helmet, as they had included on their field through the 2019 season. 

The biggest difference in 2019 and 2023 is that the 49ers changed the colors in the wordmark from red gold and black, to just gold and black when they painted the endzones red for the playoffs in 2019, and they did not do that this season. The 49ers almost always (except for the 2002 playoffs) would use the gold and black wordmark on the red background, when painting the endzone red, behind the saloon font.

Could go either way for the Super Bowl, so I guess we will see what happens if they make it.

With the Super Bowl matchup set, time to try a first draft prediction in with some texture, before we start getting actual pictures in.

Went with 49ers logo, and red in the wordmark for this one.

Hh1Du5T.png

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Which number font do we think they'll be using?

Since the sod gets completely replaced for Super Bowl fields on grass, I'm assuming we will see the standard Century Schoolbook Bold, as the NFL likes to be consistent with the fields from year to year. I'd be a little surprised if we saw the Raiders block numbers, but I don't think it would be completely out of the question.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jbird669 said:

Very cool! What software did you use?

Combination of MS Paint (base field designs), and GIMP (adding texture, overlaying endzone/logos/etc. on the field)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Since the sod gets completely replaced for Super Bowl fields on grass, I'm assuming we will see the standard Century Schoolbook Bold, as the NFL likes to be consistent with the fields from year to year. I'd be a little surprised if we saw the Raiders block numbers, but I don't think it would be completely out of the question.

From what I can tell, they've kept the Raiders number font when they've replaced the grass with turf for other events. Feels like it's a 50/50 thing to me. We'll find out very soon! 

9 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Since the sod gets completely replaced for Super Bowl fields on grass, I'm assuming we will see the standard Century Schoolbook Bold, as the NFL likes to be consistent with the fields from year to year.

Not necessarily true.

5xb2e_first.jpg?Expires=1705241280&Signa

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Not necessarily true.

5xb2e_first.jpg?Expires=1705241280&Signa

Minnesota's numbers are turf. Sewn in. All they did was paint the point serifs off the numbers and round them off.

• Like 1

sB9ijEj.png

To differentiate it from the Super Bowl LIV field, I made a Super Bowl LVIII field with a red Chiefs endzone and a gold 49ers endzone. 

uTpDv1E.png

Also made one with a black Chiefs endzone/49ers red endzone combination

dyDBykt.png

gT1BtSs.png

Here is hoping the NFL ground's crew learned from last year's debacle. And get the sod put in correctly! As Allegient Stadium uses a similar field tray, as the one at State Farm Stadium! 

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

7 hours ago, NovaDevil said:

Is there a live cam on the field?

Not one that I know of, but you'd think you'd see some pictures taken by random people, since anyone should be able to walk by the outside of the stadium if you're walking down the street by the stadium, unless they've blocked off that sidewalk.