Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

The 49ers will have a red background with “49ers” in gold in the Saloon-font style. The end zone also will include the 49ers’ regular oval logo. The end zones for the divisional and conference playoff games didn’t have the oval logo and included both the NFL shield and a blue “N” for the National Football Conference. Neither end zone in Las Vegas will include a conference or NFL logo.

From the Athletic. Saloon font will be in gold.

spacer.pngMy projection based on the images @pitt6packfound! I feel like the enzdone/sideline color matchup clashes with the Super Bowl logo a little bit, maybe just given how unique the coloring on the SB logo actually is.

All in all, I'm ready to see changes in the next couple years to the template because this has just gotten stale and I believe with the revitalization of the Super Bowl logos, the field design should also get that same kind of attention.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RamosLynn said:

Same format confirmed, 49ers back to only logo in the endzone, unlike the helmet of SB LIV

For the first time since Super Bowl 50 the AFC team's endzone is on the right side of the field when looking at it on TV 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sportscenter said:

For the first time since Super Bowl 50 the AFC team's endzone is on the right side of the field when looking at it on TV 

Yeah, was not expecting a change in endzones this year, but it's hard to tell with the Super Bowl fields these days when a change is going to happen.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NovaDevil said:

Hey, found this on YouTube if you want to spend an hour and a half watching the field work from yesterday.

This is awesome!

I'm hoping they post this every day, because that 4K video helps me out tremendously with generating the grass texture, and getting the NFL and Super Bowl logos

15 hours ago, Sportscenter said:

Why do I get the feeling lately that it's not a conscious decision as to which team goes on which side? Like, they pull the template out and they just happen to be closer to that end zone so that's where they start. 

EDIT: After the Super Bowl 50 snafu, I could see this team painting the field upside down so it doesn't face the camera the correct way. 

iq5b7nF.png

1 hour ago, jc... said:

Why do I get the feeling lately that it's not a conscious decision as to which team goes on which side? Like, they pull the template out and they just happen to be closer to that end zone so that's where they start. 

EDIT: After the Super Bowl 50 snafu, I could see this team painting the field upside down so it doesn't fast the camera the correct way. 

Not for nothing, but the Rose Bowl always has the designated home team's end zone painted on the "left" from a TV perspective and away team "left" side.   Not sure if the NFL does something similar when assigning the end zones.

1 hour ago, DisneyNole said:

Not for nothing, but the Rose Bowl always has the designated home team's end zone painted on the "left" from a TV perspective and away team "left" side.   Not sure if the NFL does something similar when assigning the end zones.

The NFL had the home team on the left from 1972 with Miami and Washington all the way through 2009 with the Saints and Colts. It was then home team on the right through 2016 with the Pats and Falcons. It has been AFC on the left, NFC on the right ever since then, until this year it seems. This returns to home team on the right for at least a game. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RamosLynn said:

Blank borders? Can't remember if that is how they usually do it, but if it's not and this is how it will be, i honestly don't hate it.

Hold on wait a second, don't tell me this is a Blank Space Taylor Swift reference, i will lose it. Lol.

• LOL 1
  • Eyeroll 1