Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

45 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

They did yellow endzones in the 2019 playoffs to throw back to the 1960s team, which went with the celebrations of the league's history since it was the NFL's 100th year, 60 since the AFL was founded, and 50 years since they won SBIV.  KC's ownership is rather tradition-minded so I assume they've kept it going because it's a connection to their successful AFL years (also they keep winning with yellow endzones)

I understand it for Super Bowl LIV, especially with the 49ers wanting to have red endzones on the other side of the field, but for the other Super Bowl's we've been to, why not just use red?

gT1BtSs.png

16 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Not sure why we (Chiefs) can't have red endzones for the Super Bowl, we don't really use yellow as a primary color at all. 

Personally, I prefer contrasting end zones for things like college bowl games, college conference championships or the Big Game.

• Like 1

gYH2mW9.png

2 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

Personally, I prefer contrasting end zones for things like college bowl games, college conference championships or the Big Game.

"The Big Game" as in Super Bowl?

gT1BtSs.png

On 2/4/2024 at 12:21 AM, RamosLynn said:

I don't necessarily hate the 49ers wordmark being red but gold would've been better. The spacing is pretty decent but with a shorter wordmark it does look off-kilter. The positive i find in this, is that it does set it apart from SB LIV.

Super Bowl logos look great and overall I think this is a solid looking field.

Wow for the first time since Super Bowl 50 the NFC end zone will be on the left side of the field. 

6 minutes ago, Scottie2118 said:

Wow for the first time since Super Bowl 50 the NFC end zone will be on the left side of the field. 

Why did they not switch the sides for LIV (since it was hosted in an AFC stadium)?

rAUPGPZ.png

11 hours ago, gregor630 said:

I find it interesting how the grounds crew essentially demo'd field artwork on the ground level turf before doing the real thing on the roll-in grass tray that will actually be used for the game. It makes me wish they were using the raiders block yard numbers for the game instead of the standard schoolbook font. 

I'm guessing they're just doing the turf field on the inside as well so they have a stand-in field for all the media stuff that goes on at the stadium before the game this week. It looks better than a blank field, and they clearly have the resources to paint two fields.

13 hours ago, gregor630 said:

I've never understood that either.  I know it's your accent color in uniforms, but it's no where in your current logo and that yellow specifically isn't terribly flattering as a field color either (much less a full end zone color). But for the sake of offsetting the niners end zone like it was for LIV, it feels like they've just kinda...stuck with it. I thought the red end zone would've played well with the Eagles last year, to really bookend the field with the SBLVII logo design colors between. 

I think we've seen every team that uses yellow that's made the Super Bowl use it as their endzone color at least once. Kansas City has in every Super Bowl, and Minnesota, Green Bay, Washington, Pittsburgh, and both current LA teams. You also have teams like the Giants (red), Falcons (red), Patriots (red), Saints (gold), Dolphins (orange), Bears (orange), Eagles (grey), Titans (Columbia blue), and Broncos (navy blue) that all used secondary colors in the endzone at points. The Chiefs using a secondary color is not at all abnormal, especially given the tradition angle for them.

Sometimes it's just nice to see your team's colors against an accented background. 

40 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Is George Toma still supervising the decoration of the Super Bowl fields or did he retire at some point?

Might have burned that bridge last year. 

• Sad 1

iq5b7nF.png

2 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

Why did they not switch the sides for LIV (since it was hosted in an AFC stadium)?

End zone designation is not based on the home stadiums conference.  Going by the Gridiron Uniform Database, it seems pretty haphazard since the beginning.

GUD Super Bowl Page

I'm still waiting on some better field images to get an almost final version of the field together.

I still don't have a good enough shot of the Super Bowl logo on the field, and a good enough picture of the endzones to get the proper scaling (although, I expect the Chiefs endzone to be the same as it has been).

This is the best shot of the endzones I've seen so far, although, this is not the actual playing surface for the game

chiefs-super-bowl-lviii.jpg

And the only shot I've seen of the field with all the initial painting done

GFmNDHfWAAEYxSq-2-scaled.jpeg

Still yet to be seen what text will be added at the back of the endzones, but I do expect that to remain as it has for the past few seasons.

• Like 1

In the meantime, here is a quick shuffle of the endzones to the correct sides, from my previous post.

I expect I'll need to do some color correction, and the Super Bowl logo will not be as detailed as what I have here. Also need to make adjustments to the teamboxes, as they actually go onto the gray field tray surface, and that also causes the logos in the teamboxes to have to be smaller.

In general, I do like the darker endzone to be on the left, so I do like the Chiefs endzone moving to the right this year.

dNjWbRJ.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

In the meantime, here is a quick shuffle of the endzones to the correct sides, from my previous post.

I expect I'll need to do some color correction, and the Super Bowl logo will not be as detailed as what I have here. Also need to make adjustments to the teamboxes, as they actually go onto the gray field tray surface, and that also causes the logos in the teamboxes to have to be smaller.

In general, I do like the darker endzone to be on the left, so I do like the Chiefs endzone moving to the right this year.

dNjWbRJ.png

spacer.png

@pitt6pack here's the version they're using for the field. I was able to extract it from the Ticketmaster Super Bowl seating chart. For at least the last couple Super Bowls, that page has had this simplified version, though it took some tweaks to match what the actual field shows. Hope this helps!

7 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I saw this earlier @pitt6pack, not sure if it helps.

6 hours ago, gregor630 said:

spacer.png

@pitt6pack here's the version they're using for the field. I was able to extract it from the Ticketmaster Super Bowl seating chart. For at least the last couple Super Bowls, that page has had this simplified version, though it took some tweaks to match what the actual field shows. Hope this helps!

Great resources, thanks!

• Like 2

Roger Goodell must not own any artwork in his house.  Became commish in 2006.  Look at the fields since XL.  Progressively blander, stale logos, no conference logos (which I think should return to the old ones where the AFC mimics the AFL logo anyway).

Really bland and small playoff logos.  By the way, 2007 was the first year of the super small shield at the 25 yard lines in NFL stadiums. 

No imagination.  

He was born in Jamestown NY, very bland western New York town.  Maybe that’s where he gets it from.

14 minutes ago, NovaDevil said:

Roger Goodell must not own any artwork in his house.  Became commish in 2006.  Look at the fields since XL.  Progressively blander, stale logos, no conference logos (which I think should return to the old ones where the AFC mimics the AFL logo anyway).

Really bland and small playoff logos.  By the way, 2007 was the first year of the super small shield at the 25 yard lines in NFL stadiums. 

No imagination.  

He was born in Jamestown NY, very bland western New York town.  Maybe that’s where he gets it from.

He probably eats everything plain with no seasonings too.