Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVIII

pitt6pack

On 2/12/2023 at 9:35 PM, Angelo18 said:

$800,000 and 2 years go growing for that? Disappointing to say the least. Not only the obvious slipping and sliding for 4 quarters but the white paint speckles littered all over the field after the start on the game. The contrasting shades of green stripping every 5 yards also disappeared quickly. I think it's time to make some changes from personal (sorry, TOMA) to strategy, a billion dollar organization must do better than what happened tonight! Embarrassing NFL 

I was working the game (Though not inside State Fram Stadium, I was running the "Ingress" ticket scanning lines for the east gates). The actual turf performed well and held up as a surface.. The main problem was moisture. The field was completly repainted the night before, and being a "Domed Stadium" even with the roof open. misture built up with in the stadium . There was no way to get the field enough "outside " air flow to get the paint completley moisture free.  And any surface natural grass or artificai turf. Moisture is a problem .

Also painting the field twice is also a problem. I think normal paintng as done with Regular season games shou;d be done, 48 hours before the game, Let the grass completly take root before painting it they had 2 1/2  weeks, and really great weather here.  The standard Cardnials game field looked far better and so did the Fiesta Bowl. 

• Like 2

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

On 2/16/2023 at 9:59 AM, SFCOM1 said:

I was working the game (Though not inside State Fram Stadium, I was running the "Ingress" ticket scanning lines for the east gates). The actual turf performed well and held up as a surface.. The main problem was moisture. The field was completly repainted the night before, and being a "Domed Stadium" even with the roof open. misture built up with in the stadium . There was no way to get the field enough "outside " air flow to get the paint completley moisture free.  And any surface natural grass or artificai turf. Moisture is a problem .

Also painting the field twice is also a problem. I think normal paintng as done with Regular season games shou;d be done, 48 hours before the game, Let the grass completly take root before painting it they had 2 1/2  weeks, and really great weather here.  The standard Cardnials game field looked far better and so did the Fiesta Bowl. 

Great insight into the field conditions.

I do think it's interesting that they give the field a first paint nearly two weeks in advance, then paint again the day before.

I know in the past, media day would be at the stadium, just off the field (up until Super Bowl XLIII I think), and the field would be fully painted then. I'm sure the reasoning for the advanced first painting is because of how much painting must be done, and it makes it much easier to re-paint just before the game. Seems to take a couple days for that first painting to take place now, and the second painting can be done in a day (since they have the already painted field to work off of). 

If the day before painting seems to cause issues, then why not do that last painting two days before? But also, it seemed like field issues were present often at unpainted sections of the field as well.

• Like 1

• pitt6pack changed the title to Super Bowl Field Database - Super Bowl LVII

Super Bowl LVII: February 12, 2023 - State Farm Stadium, Glendale, AZ

Kansas City Chiefs - 38                Philadelphia Eagles - 35

57.png

Field Without Teamboxes

Spoiler

57s.png

Finally got to a completed and final version. Took some time to get the new grass texture (made from high res images prior to the game), and it took a while to get all of the colors consistent, and the right shades, but I think I nailed it.

< Super Bowl LVI    First Post    Super Bowl LVIII >

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, maxwasson said:

I wonder when people will start drawing up fields for Super Bowl LVIII in Las Vegas?

Gve it some time! 😉 Most of the Artists are quite busy with The Gridiron Sumulation League. Which is in Week 2 of the 16 game season! 😉

4 hours ago, maxwasson said:

I wonder when people will start drawing up fields for Super Bowl LVIII in Las Vegas?

I've got a good high-res version of the SB logo. Little busy with XFL stuff over on the GUD at the moment, plus GSL, but I do want to put some concepts together.

• Like 1

Here are some Super Bowl LVIII Concepts.

Base template

The NFL will typically re-sod the entire field prior to the Super Bowl, so I'd think they'd do the same. That also means they'd likely add the standard number font (century schoolbook), and a standard grass shading pattern, as done for many of the recent Super Bowls on grass. 

yhYp2Qx.png

Template with NFL / Super Bowl LVIII Logos

NFL logo is the same size its been on Super Bowl fields. 

The Super Bowl logos will be the same height as the logos for the last two Super Bowls

f7Yi3SU.png

On to some field concepts

aBhJOiN.png

r8lI7vr.png

• Like 1

Love those sample custom field concepts. Keep up the good work @pitt6pack Also on a sidenote, do you have that same field template, but with the "natural grass" look and/or the "old school artificial turf" look (which was used during the 70s and 80s that had one shade of green representing it and it was before high definition quality began, etc.?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Man, I would love to see the Lions make the Super Bowl! The only "Original Team" not to play in the Super Bowl (Now some may argue the Cleveland Browns, but this was an expansion team to replace the team that became the Baltmore Ravens. Who ironicly have won a Super Bowl.) And there is a uniform change in the works for Detroit, and possibly a wordmark update as well.

I've decided to throw my hat into the ring and assemble some custom Super Bowl fields myself, Here are a few I put together

eGx41VY.png

Chiefs vs Packers - Super Bowl 50

b5awhbX.png

Patriots vs Buccaneers - Super Bowl LV

dGYrWWw.png

Chiefs vs Rams - Super Bowl LVIII

• Like 2

gT1BtSs.png

20 hours ago, RBronish said:

I've got one with a "2D" logo

spacer.png

Do you have a high-res copy of that 2D logo somewhere?

I'm sure that's the version that will see the field next February.

15 hours ago, RBronish said:

I put this together using the svg file for the primary logo, and the logo on the gameball.

spacer.png

You did a fantastic job with it!

I kind of have a feeling we might see your version of the logo pop up in un-official uses, because it looks like it is an official logo.

I'll have fun trying to spot it around places.

• Like 1