Tennessee state soccer team crest v3.1

jaker52

I will be doing a series  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's lots of tension between that red and blue, such that the text is almost unreadable. Also, if you're going to go all out with the Tennesse-flag thing, consider that the stars in the flag are actually at a funky angle, not in a nice little triangle with a horizontal base. The Titans, of course, don't abide by the flag's conventions, but it's something to consider. The Titans also have a lot more going with their branding, which helps them get away with it.

And there's another point. Take away the text, and there's nothing about this that says "sports logo", let alone "soccer logo". Keep experimenting. Push yourself. Consider this a rough draft, not a finished product.

rATMcmK.png

The actual Tri-Star is asymetric. Try to do that and it will look less like just 3 stars and more like the iconic Tennessee Tri-Star.

also I think in your poll you mean jerseys, not concept.

Yeah I do

And the people have spoken I will update this till it looks good then begin a series. It will be my summer project.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

A little better, i don't like the font though, wasted space. Also the outline needs to be thicker but i'd say its a little better. I prefer the roundel better though.

A couple of things:

First, you don't really word "Tennessee" because the star/circle already "says" Tennessee.

Second, I just now noticed that you don't know yet what sport you're designing this logo for. You've *got* to start with the sport first. Different sports require different logos. Part of it is how they're used for the uniform--what works for a football helmet might not work for a hockey jersey. And part of it is that different sports have different traditions. Soccer uses crests. Baseball tends to use monograms and initials for ballcaps. On and on. Decide your sport before you even begin a logo. This choice will automatically give you some direction for your design.

rATMcmK.png

A couple of things:

First, you don't really word "Tennessee" because the star/circle already "says" Tennessee.

Second, I just now noticed that you don't know yet what sport you're designing this logo for. You've *got* to start with the sport first. Different sports require different logos. Part of it is how they're used for the uniform--what works for a football helmet might not work for a hockey jersey. And part of it is that different sports have different traditions. Soccer uses crests. Baseball tends to use monograms and initials for ballcaps. On and on. Decide your sport before you even begin a logo. This choice will automatically give you some direction for your design.

well I did and then wondered if i should change then the vote told me to stick to soccer

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

A couple of things:

I assumed soccer when the thread was initially entitled Tennessee State Crest. I think that gave it away, personally.

I'm liking the shield, but I have 2 things wrong with it right now. Like above, the TN and "TENNESSEE" just haven't worked, especially with that font. Also, since you have some empty, red space at the bottom of the shield, I'd like to see something there. Possibly a soccer ball (if this truly is a soccer crest)? Not sure, but I'd like something there, without it being too crowded.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived