Tennessee state soccer team crest v3.1

jaker52

I will be doing a series  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Never stretch a typeface to "fit" your design. If it doesn't fit in the space, then find a different typeface. Also, move the edge of the circle away from the edge of the red area. It draws the eye too much. Finally, the top of the badge should just be straight angles imo, not forced into a weird curve like you've got it now.

You're on to something here. Shape is right, general design is right. Now its more about prefferences like the font or another outline added to give it more colour. Wait till you get more responses to see what is missing/needed.

This is great that you've given lots of thought to revision and considered what others have to say. That's why this community exists.

Think about what would get lost if this would get shrunk down to the size of a badge on a soccer jersey. Think about what would be too thin or difficult to pull off with embroidery thread. I actually shrink down logos so that they are the same size in my monitor as they'd be in real life for different applications, to help me do this. This is almost there. I think the phrase "Soccer Club" would lose its significance if this were shrunk down. I know you put it there to help fill some dead space, but I'm not so sure. What if you changed the top text to "TENNESSEE S.C." (which definitely looks like a more soccer-y way to put it)? Experiment.

rATMcmK.png

I would say make the Tennessee seal a soccer ball ( either old-school or new-school), but I don't think it would translate as well on paper as it would in my head.

I say otherwise. is is one of the most iconic symbols on any of the US flags and means much to the state (I have lived there all my life) It would make no sense

that will be a rare occasion I reject an idea

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

So it has been frustrating trying to figure this out so I looked through all the world cup crests and found that all the good ones (except for Germany) have some soccer-ish shape, the name of the country, and some detail from the flag, and nothing else so I removed all extra text.

tncrest.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

So it has been frustrating trying to figure this out so I looked through all the world cup crests and found that all the good ones (except for Germany) have some soccer-ish shape, the name of the country, and some detail from the flag, and nothing else so I removed all extra text.

[image]

You're on to something with this, but the crests you reference also convey the sport--whether it be within the association's acronym (FFF, KNVB, CBF) or an image of a soccer ball. You'll need either of those if you continue designing this for soccer.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived