NBA CONCEPTS: TORONTO RAPTORS - Updated *

mattharveysc

NBA CONCEPTS:

First Up:

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS

With reports coming out that the Philadelphia 76ers will be getting new uniforms next season, I thought that I would take a stab at coming up with my own concept.

My Concept:
I may be one of the only a few that actually like the current uniform set. Yes, they're things that I would change slightly but overall, I'm a fan of their current set.
The new concept that I've started doesn't differ to far from the current set but gives it a more updated look that tries combine looks of past uniforms into this set.

This uniform slightly pays respect to the Iverson jersey, with the triangle design, on the sides of the jersey, as well as paying respect to the Dr. J. uniforms that shows the stripe. I tried tying all these elements together to show a more current look.
For fun, I also tried making a sleeve jersey just to see how it trend in the NBA today.

I know that the elements don't look exactly like previous 76ers looks, but it was the combination of past designs of how I came up with my designs.

I hope you like these new sets, I'd love feedback on how I could improve on these designs and my future designs.
Thanks everyone.

Philadelphia-76ers-Uniform-concept-1.1.p

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing: are the "triangles" under the sleeves and at the bottom of the shorts solid or is there a stripe running down the middle seperating them into two? It may just be the way you executed it that's making it a little unclear.

Other than that, these are simplistic things of beauty, IMO. A lot of white on the blue set, but honestly I like that. There's not a royal and white team so it helps differentiate them from the other multiple royal and red teams on the blue uniforms.

I love it, with the exception of the sleeves. I think the Sixers need both blue and red roads, due to Dr. J wearing both during his tenure there, plus the beautiful Phila throwback would add some real uniqueness to the NBA. Sleeves, though, no thanks. That uni is too good to be besmirched by sleeves. They're monstrosities in every iteration to this point and will continue to be till someone wakes up, slaps his own face and says, "Wait. We put sleeves on NBA jerseys?!? Tell me we didn't. Cut them off. That's better."

McCall,

The Uniform triangles are separated by the stripe color. IE: Road Uniform - White stripe runs the length of the uniform with the triangle being separated by that stripe on the uniform and the shorts.

I hope that clears things up. I may go back and make the triangles into one shape instead of separated pieces.

Hmmm ... it's a classic simple design, but I don't think you've differentiated it enough from what they currently wear. Yes, it's a different font and some different elements, but at first glance, it doesn't feel any different from the current set. I'm not saying you have to go crazy and do something like the mid-90s sets, but it feels like, if the 76ers adopted this tomorrow, they'd only be changing again 5-10 years down the line. The Sixers have a history of side panels with stars; why not incorporate a little bit of that?

McCall,

The Uniform triangles are separated by the stripe color. IE: Road Uniform - White stripe runs the length of the uniform with the triangle being separated by that stripe on the uniform and the shorts.

I hope that clears things up. I may go back and make the triangles into one shape instead of separated pieces.

Ok. Then I may suggest making them one shape or else they may be a little too similar to the bottom of the Warriors shorts, which kinda looks similar in the way the bridge cable design goes up against the side stripes.

Another possibility is making those triangles stars somehow. Off the top of my head I can't picture how, but I'm sure you could find a way to keep the simplistic aspect similar to the triangles without making it awkward looking with the flow of the side panel striping. If that's clear enough.

UPDATED - 6.3.2014

Thank you for your comments. I have made some small changes that I think really helped make these a better overall set.

First off, I made the triangles on both the uniforms and shorts one piece instead of two separate pieces.

I also removed the sleeve jersey and made the retro jersey into a more traditional current-retro jersey, with a small twist added to the shorts.

What are your thoughts?

Philadelphia-76ers-Uniform-concept-1.11.

These are great. I would definitely look better with outlines around the font but these are good even w/o. It would be cool to see a logo package.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

NBA CONCEPTS:

Next Up:

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

I've continued with my concepts of NBA teams and have now chosen to do concepts for Milwaukee. This design takes the current color scheme of the team, with a respectful nod to the past with the square side panels from past jerseys, but with a current contemporary twist which we see on some uniforms today.

Let me know what you think. I will try to do another page to this set but in the different shades of green era uniforms, as well as the retro purple/green/grey uniforms.

What do you guys think?Milwaukee-Bucks-Uniform-concept-1.1.jpg

NBA CONCEPTS:

Next Up:

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

I've continued with my concepts of NBA teams and have now chosen to do concepts for Milwaukee. This design takes the current color scheme of the team, with a respectful nod to the past with the square side panels from past jerseys, but with a current contemporary twist which we see on some uniforms today.

Let me know what you think. I will try to do another page to this set but in the different shades of green era uniforms, as well as the retro purple/green/grey uniforms.

What do you guys think?Milwaukee-Bucks-Uniform-concept-1.1.jpg

Are the side panels suppose to be opposite on the alt?

Archived