New York FC Concept Uniforms

charlessollars

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I did a bunch of New York FC concepts kits

I stuck with white, blue, powder blue, and orange. I figured one uniform would have pinstripes since the team is playing in Yankee Stadium. I also threw the Etihad Kit Sponsor on it due to the Man City Connection.

Below is the link where you can see all of the Frank Lampard versions I did figured I would only post a few on here and if you were interested you can see all the sets on my site.

http://www.charlessollarsconcepts.com/frank-lampard-nycfc-kit-concepts/

villa-7.jpg

villa-10.jpg

So the white looks just like the Aston Villa kits that were revealed today. Too busy, they remind me of the pinstriped Charlotte Bobcats kits (RIP). The navy is really cool, but I don't like the baby blue sleeves or NOB. I would say simplify your design a bit, but I also tend to like cleaner, more classic looking kits.

Btw, I really can't believe they got David Villa to come over here. That's a great player to have come to the MLS.

A few things:

• These are good overall, but could use a clean up on the shoulder stripes and collar.
  • Too much orange. It looks OK on the away kit (although I would the sleeves navy), but it's becoming too much of a focal point (for me, at least) when it is only a border in the crest. On the home kit, for instance, just leave the sleeve cuffs as orange and go with navy for the stripes and collar.
  • As much as I dislike the Yankees, I think they should remain the keepers of the pinstripes in New York.
  • Are you using the poll do help design your kits, or just curious about a general consensus of the Concepts users?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

just overall for the poll

They will have some kind of stripe you don't play at yankee stadium without one kit with stripe I prefer the vertical stripe version I did if they go with stripes i think if you go navy looks too yankeeish.

I think orange will be a bigger part than you think too many navy and powder teams to not use it

Word of advice, ditch the poll. If you want to list options, you should just put them in your first post and let people leave their answers in a post. Otherwise someone down the road 6 months or later is just gonna vote on it, bumping ahead of current concepts and pushing them down, onto another page and so on and so forth until their lost without getting its due attention. It happens all the time. You'll see old threads with polls bumped to the front with no new comments, just someone voting on old ones for the hell of it.

I like the orange you used in both the home and away uniform. My concept didn't really utilize much orange other than the keeper jersey. However,the stripes you used make it seem a little too busy, and the Arabic writing is unneeded for the sponsor, as Manchester City's sponsor doesn't include the Arabic writing either.

I like the orange you used in both the home and away uniform. My concept didn't really utilize much orange other than the keeper jersey. However,the stripes you used make it seem a little too busy, and the Arabic writing is unneeded for the sponsor, as Manchester City's sponsor doesn't include the Arabic writing either.

yeah but i like the arabic

the arabic sends the wrong message for a team located in a city that got hit by terrorists that were arab

the arabic sends the wrong message for a team located in a city that got hit by terrorists that were arab

What wonderbread said.

303h7kn.jpg

I am not narrow minded enough to lump all people speaking one language or living in one region into the same box. You might think everyone from arab nations are terrorists. I do not I know there are horrible people from all walks of life. using your logic the kit shouldn't be adidas because adi was a nazi (which he actually was and his brother so there goes puma), sony shouldn't be allowed to sponsor american sporting teams because of pearl harbor and nike shouludnt make the japan kits and so on, If your argument is that is it arab then it shouldn't be there then Etihad or Etihad with the arabic above shouldn't be on there..Either way I think your statements are pretty narrow minded

The thing is it isn't needed, and will turn more people off from the team than attract them to the team, that's why that logo wouldn't work, because no team would put something on their uniforms that seriously offends people like that unless their was a tradition of using it by that team for 60+ years (Indians redskins) but even then you see teams realizing it offends people and are changing to help that (Indians)

Archived