Wyo-Plains Baseball League

jaguarsfan14

This is another attempt to make a new sports league. I created this League because there are no Minor League Baseball teams in Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, or in Manitoba, Canada. Here is the League logo.

Wyo-PlainsBaseballLeagueLogo_zps438f4a90

Well there are the Omaha Storm Chasers in Nebraska. But there is only one Minor League team.

598.gifwnyd2zhh84f50ux4uxyqbktbh.gifdmo1xf3z4pph27vmg3gf.gif4dabos08gqreuybxd3bu.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Iowa? :-(

And I do like the idea/concept. I've always thought there should be a minor league in that area of the country.

But first off, your logo is weak. I see the idea, but it doesn't really stands out that well. It doesn't have that wow factor. The font is too plain and difficult to read. And it goes the same for the uniforms as well. There isn't just any creativity. I'd highly recommend you check out the recent sticked post about first-time posters here on CCSLC. Take a look at that thread, then come back to this.

It's a good idea yes, but it still needs a lot of work. Not trying to sound harsh or anything, just hoping to help you out! :-)

Alright look, so many people are posting really bad content these days. I'm not saying that you're a bad designer, it's just that a lot of members who post under Concepts, a really good Designers. No offense, but if you keep posting things like this, people will get very mad. Download inkscape, and teach your self how to use it.

SIG.png

This is another attempt to make a new sports league. I created this League because there are no Minor League Baseball teams in Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, or in Manitoba, Canada.

No Iowa? :-(

He said he wanted to use states without minor league teams.

Iowa has the BURLINGTON BEES - Midwest League (A), CEDAR RAPIDS KERNELS - Midwest League (A), CLINTON LUMBER KINGS - Midwest League (A),IOWA (Des Moines) CUBS - Pacific Coast League (AAA), and QUAD CITY RIVER BANDITS - Midwest League (A).

JeKhnr9.png

Nebraska has a AAA club in Omaha.

Manitoba, Minnesota, and North/South Dakota all have teams in the American Association and/or Northwoods League.

So really the only one of these states/territories without a club is Wyoming.

I have some ideas...but I'm sticking to teams/cities which don't have affiliated, indy or Northwoods League teams.

WYOMING

Casper Ghosts (this should be the traditional name for all teams in that city)

Cheyenne Capitols

Sweetwater County Miners

NEBRASKA

Tri-City Twisters

SOUTH DAKOTA

Rapid City Legends

Aberdeen Pheasants

Brookings Express

NORTH DAKOTA

Bismarck Cavalry

Minot Greenheads

Grand Forks Channel Cats

MINNESOTA

Metro Mallrats (Bloomington)

Richfield Millers (tribute to Minneapolis' old minor league teams)

Owatonna Owls

Austin Canners (home of SPAM)

MANITOBA

Brandon Bakers

Steinbach Machine

v40P3lq.png

This required absolutely no effort. I'll start with the good... I see where you're going with the color scheme, but it kind of clashes, I would drop the royal blue. I would also lighten up the light blue, and then have the road uniform be powder blue. The home uniform should be all white, since, at least in my mind, chill is associated with snow. I would also put a number on the front on both uniforms, since it's kind of plain. Now the bad.... The wordmark looks like Ariel in font size fourteen. I would work with the wordmark a bit on paper, and then copy it down using whatever application you're using. I would suggest getting creative with the workmark, perhaps using icicles that are incorporated into the lettering.The logo isn't too bad actually , but like others said, it needs some work. One more thing, does Minnesota really need a minor league team with the Twins? If so why don't you space out the location of the minor league team?

One reason the Concept section is down is lack of encouragement and meaningful feedback. Some folks here act like they have been cranking top drawer concepts from the get go.

Well some have. And it's pretty glaring that this member has a long way to go to get to a level of being able to receive some constructive criticism. There appears to be little effort put into those logos and uniforms. And as has been said many times recently, these continue to push quality concepts farther and farther down and for some reason get more attention. So yes, some of us are getting a little irritated.

One reason the Concept section is down is lack of encouragement and meaningful feedback. Some folks here act like they have been cranking top drawer concepts from the get go.

When do you ever give meaningful feedback ya hypocrite? Only time I see you post is you bashing on other people for bashing on other people. Let's be frank here this concept sucks, and why does it suck? Well there is no thought process, no elements worthy of critiques, simple paint by numbers, crappy MS fonts, very poor quality, etc etc. You can only give C&C when the concept actually has a good base, you can't polish a turd, Coach.

I'd suggest the OP takes a moment to look at the boards and what's being produced by members and strive to emulate that... If this is the best you can post, is it really worth posting? Some people just aren't ready for the concept forum and thats fine.. Take some time to learn your program (I'd suggest downloading Inkscape and go from there, plenty of resources on the boards and internet to get proficient. Sit down and think about the concept, why are you coloring that section, why are you adding this design, etc. Look at current uniforms for inspiration.. You'll see that nobody just colors the top of the collar like that, you simply painted by numbers.

I started with Inkscape a few years ago, wasn't that good to begin with... Was the farthest thing from a good artist. But with effort is possible to improve. The concept section isn't for people who are just looking for "attention" or to have people "stroke" their ego. It's for artists/average guys, with a passion for sports design, and the desire to grow/improve.

This is just :censored:. So that's my advice/critique for you. There is nothing from this concept to save.. You can get better but you have to try. There is 0 effort put into this.

We've all started at the bottom. I would imagine that most of us, as we started our craft, have irritated others at some point who were waiting for our improvement.

Your craft!? When have you ever posted anything on here that was worthy of critique? Your constant badgering for guys to create photorealistic helmets? Or the pointless poll for your fantasy football teams helmet that, for a logo you didn't even create? Repainting a helmet from gold to green isn't really hard.

I group you in with the rest of these guys, no effort, no desire to get better. All you do is sit behind a computer (or however you access this site) and argue with other members. You want others to offer good critiques for these guys at the "bottom", practice what you preach man.

We weren't posting them here. These guys starting out should just look around and study how the good ones are being done. It may be a long time, but they shouldn't be posting stuff until they're further along. Anybody can look at his concept and know that it's nowhere near ready. These boards aren't where people go to learn designing from scratch. It's for those who have legit skills and have designs that they want to share with other who share the same interest and to get some feedback.

We weren't posting them here. These guys starting out should just look around and study how the good ones are being done. It may be a long time, but they shouldn't be posting stuff until they're further along. Anybody can look at his concept and know that it's nowhere near ready. These boards aren't where people go to learn designing from scratch. It's for those who have legit skills and have designs that they want to share with other who share the same interest and to get some feedback.

Echo my statements from earlier perfectly!

Echo my statements from earlier perfectly!
Actually I started typing it out before you posted, but got distracted watching the Cardinals. :)

A person's craft doesn't have to mean design work...we all have talents. And yes, Chris, I don't give meaningful advice other than good work, etc. Why? I'm not a designer. However, I also don't cut someone's legs out from under them either.

How do you know that this person just wanted their ego stroked?

But with effort is possible to improve. The concept section isn't for people who are just looking for "attention" or to have people "stroke" their ego. It's for artists/average guys, with a passion for sports design, and the desire to grow/improve.

This is just :censored:. So that's my advice/critique for you. There is nothing from this concept to save.. You can get better but you have to try. There is 0 effort put into this.

Fair enough.

Archived