UPDATE – San Diego Padres revamped logo design (new secondary logo)

BaseballJunkie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this logo is a step in the right direction, it definitaly doesn't look as bland any more.

But do you think I could see what the logo would look like if Powder Blue was the more dominant and Navy Blue wasn't as dominant.

Like if you could switch their positions.

Sure.

SanDiegoPadresprimarylogopowderblue_zpsc

Padres primary logo using San Diego Chargers colors. Now powder blue dominates, less navy-blue.

The bat looks weird to me, almost like it was just tacked on at the last minute. It doesn't fit the flow of the Padres lettering (which I love BTW).. The new colors are really nice, I think they'd go back to Black/Yellow before this but it would be a nice alternative.

I'd make the friar the primary and fix the roundel a bit to make it look less-twins like, if that makes sense?

SanDiegoPadresnewprimarylogo_zps23837801

New primary logo with new color scheme (blue, sunflower yellow and black). No roundel anymore.

I very much liked the suggestion using the Chargers color scheme on my Padres logo design. I replaced [Chargers] navy blue with black, changing [Chargers] powder blue into a different, darker shade and turning [Chargers] gold more into orange-yellow.

Can we see Brown, Orange and Sand as a option? I think that would look nice with the logo set. Are we going to see Uni's?

Sure. I already toyed with the idea myself. Just thinking if any team – including the Padres themselves – would ever go back to a 60s/70s color scheme after they've changed their colors from brown and yellow/orange to navy blue and orange in order to modernize their look – all tradition aside. I doubt that pretty much. Nowadays brown and yellow or orange is truly an absolute borderline color combo – if not a no-go – when it's about sports uniforms (except the Cleveland Browns). Anyway, let's see how it will look.

Uniforms will follow, too. Just don't know when because I don't really have the time to focus on this for hours.

We now got three different versions of my primary logo.

SanDiegoPadresnewprimarylogo_zps23837801SanDiegoPadresprimarylogonewbrown_zps13f

Version 1: Sea blue, sunflower yellow and black Version 2: Brown, orange and sand

SanDiegoPadresprimarylogopowbbrsand_zpsa

Version 3: Powder blue, brown and sand

Which one do you like the most? Any further suggestions what colors to use for this San Diego Padres logo redesign?

Archived