Predicting which NFL teams will wear white at home in 2014.

One tradition which REALLY needs to come back is teams wearing their white jerseys at home when the Cowboys are the visiting team...thereby forcing them to wear these "unlucky blues" (the Redskins and Eagles used to do it)

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first off teams have to let the league know july 1 what they are going to wear, plus the "throwbacks" that the interest groups wanted where the white jerseys ones from 2007 with the yellow helmet with the "R".

Teams can change their plan on what they want to wear in a particular game if they let the league know well in advance. Like, more than 1 week. In 2013 the Buccaneers were planning to wear their throwback orange creamisicles against the Cardinals, but when they found out they couldn't due to a new rule on helmets, Tampa Bay decided to wear white which forced Arizona in their reds.

The Vikings have now and until late October if they want to change what they wear for November 2.

That seems far too far-fetched to force a team to wear throwbacks that even the NFL finds illegal. It's what the U of Minnesota finds offensive (the jerseys and logo *side note if they don't find the logo offensive than what do they find offensive about the look the REDSKINS word mark on the chest is small and kinda unnoticeable unless the camera crew does close-ups* vs. The NFL's one helmet rule.

I think they'll wear their regular away's but this should be interesting.

The Vikings can make the Redskins wear their current throwbacks against them if Minnesota chooses to go white. But then the Vikings would also have to plead to the Redskins on what to do.

The Redskins white jerseys have the wordmark "Redskins" on the center of the neckline and no logo. Their throwback jerseys have no wordmark, but have the logo on the sleeves. What shall it be?

For the helmets, Washington can do something similar to the Packers in removing the decal.

I really doubt the Vikings are going to wear white to "force the redskins to wear their throwbacks" how would that even force them to wear their throwbacks? at best the skins would/could wear their regular red jerseys? and again teams have to let the league know by 7-1 what they are going to wear. And again according to wcco tv the cbs station in mpls the groups that don't like the name redskins do not want the logo or name used, again the U (that is what we call the university of Minnesota here) can ask the Vikings to ask the redskins to do that, but they can not make them do it. google the story from www.wcco.com

I don't recall where I heard or read, but they (the groups) were thinking the throwbacks which used white jerseys with the gold helmets with the R from a few years ago which I guess does not have the word redskins on the shirt.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

it would be just as easy to have skins take off the logo from the helmet and just remove "redskins" from the white jerseys or cover them up, but again as stated in the story from cbs station in mpls the u can only ask they can not force anything.

go to nesn.com they have story about the throwbacks univ of minn wants redskins to wear throwbacks for Vikings game

I really doubt the Vikings are going to wear white to "force the redskins to wear their throwbacks" how would that even force them to wear their throwbacks? at best the skins would/could wear their regular red jerseys? and again teams have to let the league know by 7-1 what they are going to wear. And again according to wcco tv the cbs station in mpls the groups that don't like the name redskins do not want the logo or name used, again the U (that is what we call the university of Minnesota here) can ask the Vikings to ask the redskins to do that, but they can not make them do it. google the story from www.wcco.com

Yes I know about the July 1 deadline. As I said, teams can change their decision on a game if it's well ahead of time. How would the Vikes wearing white force the Redskins in throwbacks? If the Redskins pick that jersey and Minnesota persuades them to.

it would be just as easy to have skins take off the logo from the helmet and just remove "redskins" from the white jerseys or cover them up, but again as stated in the story from cbs station in mpls the u can only ask they can not force anything.

go to nesn.com they have story about the throwbacks univ of minn wants redskins to wear throwbacks for Vikings game

I already did, I know. Those 2007 throwbacks aren't under license from the club and Nike. Most likely they can't be used.

The logo on the sleeves of the throwbacks can be removed or covered up too if that's case.

One tradition which REALLY needs to come back is teams wearing their white jerseys at home when the Cowboys are the visiting team...thereby forcing them to wear these "unlucky blues" (the Redskins and Eagles used to do it)

As a Cowboys fan, I agree with this. I love the whites at home, but I miss teams forcing us to wear the Blues.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I am not sure the groups have really given a lot of thought or concern as to what the redskins have available to wear. The skins would have to remove the logo from the helmet as well, just as easy to remove/cover up "redskins" from the white jerseys as removing patches from sleeves, why do you think the Vikings would want to wear white at home?

we shall see, I think the redskins will be wearing their normal white uniforms on nov 2.

if a team can change their jersey color decision in advance why couldn't the 07 model get under license as well? actually you would just need the skins to get a white jersey minus the wordmark.

and honestly why would synder all of sudden agree to remove the team logos/wordmark from the uniforms or wear throwbacks that would have to have the logo removed anyway? when he believes there is nothing wrong with the name or logo? again the u can only ask they can't make them do anything.

Those blue Cowboy uni's are nice. Would love to see them worn more. And that's coming from an Eagles fan.

I'm ok with home teams wearing their white jerseys. Nothing wrong with switching ish up for the home fans, i.e., let them see the team in white and in the dark color jersey, live in person.

If I owned a NFL team I'd mandate that we would wear white at home every time we played Dallas. Just for shiggles.

I know belichick does that with the pats to troll the cowboys.

Well the Pats wore the silver alts in 2003 in Foxboro against the Cowboys (Cowboys wore navy).

I highly doubt the Redskins wear anything but the normal away jersey when they travel to Minnesota. They're definitely not going to wear yellow helmets, nor 2007 throwbacks and cover up Nike's logo. Nike paid the NFL a lot of money. No Nike logos are going to be covered up.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 months later...

Archived