Predicting which NFL teams will wear white at home in 2014.

It actually pisses me off when home teams wear white. It looks so stupid, especially when it's your team COLORS on the field and logo and whatnot. It's not like the 60's and heavy, cotton jerseys or whatever they wore back then. Every team wears ultra light and breathable fabric jerseys and pants so whatever "advantage" a team gets by wearing white is purely mental or a miniscule percentage. Wear your damn home uniforms!! :-p

Same here. Viewers should always know who the home team is without having to look for logos painted on the field to figure it out. Besides, home teams wearing white only win about 51% of their games, so it's not an advantage at all.

It may have made sense back in 1964 when the NFL started allowing teams to wear white at home. Most of the country didn't have color TV then, and rarely were able to see road games their team played on TV either. But with the massive increase in sports coverage, the concept of "wearing white at home so our fans can see something other than our dark jerseys vs. a white jersey" is no longer valid.

What REALLY steams me up when teams that play in a DOME wear white at home. Yes, I'm talking to you, Saints and Texans. What possible advantage can there be when it's 73 degrees inside??

As far as wearing white at home in hot weather...it hasn't really helped the Dolphins, Buccs, or Jaguars turn into juggernauts, has it?

A possible compromise would be wearing alts at home in hot weather, if they're a lighter color. Although I don't think I could stomach the Steelers breaking out a yellow alt jersey...

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It actually pisses me off when home teams wear white. It looks so stupid, especially when it's your team COLORS on the field and logo and whatnot. It's not like the 60's and heavy, cotton jerseys or whatever they wore back then. Every team wears ultra light and breathable fabric jerseys and pants so whatever "advantage" a team gets by wearing white is purely mental or a miniscule percentage. Wear your damn home uniforms!! :-p

What REALLY steams me up when teams that play in a DOME wear white at home. Yes, I'm talking to you, Saints and Texans. What possible advantage can there be when it's 73 degrees inside??

And the Falcons and Rams now too. What the hell is that about? Most college teams in the south wear their home colors and they play at 2pm in the afternoon. Sidenote: LSU looks great in their purple jersey's. Too bad they only wear them once a year or every two years.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacksonville will stop wearing white at home after week 5 and New Orleans stops after week 7. Also Carolina never swears white at home for prime time games, even in September. And I really hope the browns don't go back to wearing white at home early on. Last year they didn't so hopefully that continues. I wish the league would force the home team to wear the colored uniform each week. The only two teams that look right in white at home are Miami and Dallas. Whenever other teams do it, I get annoyed, especially when it's a game between 2 teams that rarely meet.

You could not have said this any better. I have always wondered why teams like the titans wear white early on when their dark color is such a light shade. That can't be that much of an advantage.

Carolina will not wear white vs Pittsburgh. That's a Sunday Night Football game.

They do wear white predominantly and for most of the early home games due to hit weather.

Wk 2 vs Detroit

Wk 5 vs Chicago

That's the only 2 games I see. They'll probably wear white 4-6 times on the road as well but I don't see any other home games. Fans really pushed for the black uniform last year and they went heavy on it. Don't see that changing.

Jacksonville will stop wearing white at home after week 5 and New Orleans stops after week 7.

What I want to know is why the Saints wear white at home in a dome.
I've heard its because Sean Payton wanted to go white at home every game like the cowboys, but they like the black jersey too so they do half and half. Hopefully that will stop once they get a new coach in the future.

Same here. Viewers should always know who the home team is without having to look for logos painted on the field to figure it out. Besides, home teams wearing white only win about 51% of their games, so it's not an advantage at all.

It may have made sense back in 1964 when the NFL started allowing teams to wear white at home. Most of the country didn't have color TV then, and rarely were able to see road games their team played on TV either. But with the massive increase in sports coverage, the concept of "wearing white at home so our fans can see something other than our dark jerseys vs. a white jersey" is no longer valid.

As far as wearing white at home in hot weather...it hasn't really helped the Dolphins, Buccs, or Jaguars turn into juggernauts, has it?

A possible compromise would be wearing alts at home in hot weather, if they're a lighter color. Although I don't think I could stomach the Steelers breaking out a yellow alt jersey...

I'd love to see a yellow alt for the Steelers. It would be a lot better than the bumblebee convict throwbacks.

I'd love to see a yellow alt for the Steelers. It would be a lot better than the bumblebee convict throwbacks.

A yellow Steelers, Redskins and Packers jersey would be great. Yellow uniforms look sharp. Not sure about a Chargers or Chiefs one. Chargers could wear their throwback as the "lighter shade jersey". Every team could have a designated Dark, Light, and White jersey. Mandatory no white at home rule. (Cowboys grandfathered in?)

Back in 2011, the Patriots wore white at home when they played the Cowboys.

Ratings-Cowboys-Pats-bring-Fox-viewers-3

This always seems to be the biggest troll in sports to me. The Cowboys believe their blue jerseys are bad luck, so why not have a good bit of gamesmanship? They walk in to it every time.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Have the Cowboys ever considered that maybe the blue jerseys aren't cursed maybe it's just the play on the field.

The Cowboys have a curse that's very real, and it's called Jerry Jones.

They will never win anything as long as that idiot is alive.

*sigh*...

2355.gif2354.gif2352.gif

Look, I'm a Cowboy fan and I have my criticisms of Jerry as a General Manager, but c'mon, people...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I actually like the white jerseys at home because it gives home fans a chance to see different colors every week. Vikings fans only get to see purple vs white...while Cowboys fans get to see white vs green, white vs blue, white vs red, etc...

Just my personal opinion. I like it, but I hate hate hate the Dolphins in white at home, especially with that stupid logo, stupid helmet, stupid facemask, and stupid jerseys with almost zero orange anywhere. Oh, and also that stupid number font.

Personally, I think the Cowboys need to wear white at home for the first half of the season, and blue at home for the second half. I think its annoying the Cowboys have to wear to wear the most boring "white" jerseys in the NFL, and yet the coolest navy blue jerseys in the NFL are nowhere to be found.

Time to give up this so called "blue jersey" curse, and wear their colors more often.

I know I am going to grilled for posting it, but so be it.

Have the Cowboys ever considered that maybe the blue jerseys aren't cursed maybe it's just the play on the field.

The Cowboys have a curse that's very real, and it's called Jerry Jones.

They will never win anything as long as that idiot is alive.

*sigh*...

2355.gif2354.gif2352.gif

Look, I'm a Cowboy fan and I have my criticisms of Jerry as a General Manager, but c'mon, people...

Yeah, and those SBs were won with a team that was built before Jerry bought Dallas. He walked into those teams. Look what he's done since then. Train wreck.

.500 record & 1 playoff win in almost 20 years... The definition of mediocrity.

Archived