Predicting which NFL teams will wear white at home in 2014.

Well since the NFL season is less than three months away, and the NFL schedule has been out over a month ago. I am making bold predictions on who will wear unis this 2014 season particularly for the home team whether they wear white or not.

Here is my predictions of NFL teams wearing white at home, and keep in mind they are just predictions:

Arizona - None

Atlanta - None (although I wouldn't rule out home opener against the Saints)

Baltimore - Week 1 vs. Bengals

Buffalo - Week 6 vs. Patriots (throwback). Week 13 vs Browns (with blue pants).

Carolina - Week 2 vs. Lions, Week 3 vs. Steelers, Week 5 vs. Bears

Chicago - None

Cincinnati - Week 2 vs. Falcons

Cleveland - Week 2 vs. Saints, Week 3 vs. Ravens

Dallas - Every home game except Thanksgiving game Week 13 vs. Eagles

Denver- None

Detroit - None

Green Bay - None

Houston - Week 1 vs. Redskins (white out game)

Indianapolis - None

Jacksonville - Week 3 vs. Colts, Week 5 vs. Steelers, Week 7 vs. Browns, Week 8 vs. Dolphins

Kansas City - None

Miami - Every home game except Week 11 vs Bills (Thursday night game)

Minnesota - Week 2 vs. Patriots

New England - None

New Orleans - Week 3 vs. Vikings, Week 5 vs. Buccaneers, Week 8 vs. Packers (black pants).

N.Y. Giants - None

N.Y. Jets - Week 1 vs. Raiders

Oakland - None

Philadelphia - Week 1 vs. Jaguars, Week 3 vs. Redskins, Week 5 vs. Rams.

Pittsburgh - None

San Diego - Week 2 vs. Seahawks, Week 4 vs. Jaguars

San Francisco - None

Seattle - None (39 years and counting for never wearing white at home).

St. Louis - Week 3 vs. Cowboys

Tampa Bay - Week 1 vs. Panthers, Week 2 vs. Rams, Week 6 vs. Ravens.

Tennessee - Week 2 vs. Cowboys.

Washington - None.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Vikings never wear white at home.

Are these just random guesses?

Just a prediction doesn't mean that is going to happen. The Vikings play outdoors at home this season and you never know what kind of weather will happen during mid-September. Besides, they are celebrating their 50th anniversary of the year they wore white at home (except for the uniform incident against the Lions in which they had to switch to purple). Heck, the Bears had worn white at home several years ago (mainly against these Lions) and before that they never did.

Otherwise I look at past schedules and games and I found out tht most teams do tend to wear white at home about the first 2-3 times a year. So I kinda went with that prediction. Guess we will find out later this month or next month when teams submit their uniform schedule to the league office.

I predict the Browns go back to the pre-2013 habit of wearing white for the early season home games. Home game #3 is 12 OCT, #4 is 26 OCT.

However, the third home game is against the Steelers, so they might keep the brown. First time since 2010 the PIT series isn't Thanksgiving Sunday and Xmas or New Year's.

So I'll go with: Sep 14 vs NO, Sep 21 vs BAL, Oct 26 vs OAK.

Packers also wore white at home the first two home games in the 1989 season.

Week 1 against Tampa Bay in which Vinny Testaverde was color blind (or rumor had it he was) and the Packers wore white because of that. It forced the Bucs to wear their light orange jerseys. Too bad it didn't work, Bucs still won that game.

The following game against the Saints, a game I got on DVD at home. The temperature was so warm, I believe GT temperature was close to 90 degrees, unusually hot for a mid-September game. Anyway because of that, the Packers wore white again for that week. That was the beginning of the "Majik Man" era for the Pack during the '89 season. Majik led the Pack to a comeback victory from being 3 TDs down against the Saints. Excellent game, and the day I became a Packer fan. Should of won the division, but that lost the week before against Tampa cost us the title. Oh well, it was still a great season.

Kinda odd the Packers wore white at home twice that year. And somewhat surprising they have never worn white at home before and since. They have played in nearly warmer weather at Lambeau in the past but continued to wear their home green unis. I guess nearly all the Packer fans would rather see them wear the home greens.

It actually pisses me off when home teams wear white. It looks so stupid, especially when it's your team COLORS on the field and logo and whatnot. It's not like the 60's and heavy, cotton jerseys or whatever they wore back then. Every team wears ultra light and breathable fabric jerseys and pants so whatever "advantage" a team gets by wearing white is purely mental or a miniscule percentage. Wear your damn home uniforms!! :-p

Archived