Ugliest Pro logo to win a championship ?

Rays

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any time the Raiders won anything with any logo.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

BaltimoreRavensReverseHelmet.jpg

I always disliked the Ravens logo's. With so many options to choose from they go with a crappy race looking shield to a cartoon bird you could find on spy vs spy or soemthing. Love the colors, hate the logo.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

The shield logo is hardly terrible. A little half assed but not terrible.

There is not one element to the LA shield that is in the least bit decent.

-The shield shape is a copy/paste of a rec soccer league shield.

-Color scheme went from a identifiable LA look to a plain, boring look. (My smallest concern)

-The LA font is just horrendous. It also looks stretched.

-The crown looks tossed in at the bottom to fill an empty spot.

Los Angeles Kings needed a new identity (based off appearance) more than any team in hockey, and winning a title has made this change very unlikely.

-The King's have had three logos with the same shield shape prior to the current one so there is a historical precedent. I include the chevy logo because it is essentially the same shape with added space to encompass the text.

-What Ice Cap said about the Gretzky years is true. Besides the two championships, this was the height of the Kings relevancy and it makes perfect sense for them to go that route. And I say this as someone who prefers the Purple Black and Silver scheme aesthetically.

-The font is no different from the one that adorned the Purple, Black and Silver logos you like

-The crown is integral to the design, not filler. The concepts that place it on the top fare no better. That being said, it would benefit from a simplification

-No they don't. They have their identity and the two championships they've one in the last 3 years say this is it. Whether you like it or not.

I would even go as far as to say the current LA Kings jersey/logo is .... good (gasp) and ... an improvement over their previous identity (I can't believe he said that) and... that dropping purple was smart because it doesn't work well in hockey (common sense means agreeing that it's clearly terrible, he obviously has no taste)

I agree that they should do away with the shield and replace it with just the crown, a black and silver version of the throwback crown, or the old chevy logo. But it's not terrible. I mean it's not even the ugliest logo the Kings have ever worn.

NewOrleansBowl_zpsb1707dea.png

Archived