Ugliest Pro logo to win a championship ?

Rays

LA Kings 2014.

I love shield logos when they are done right and this one is perfect.

It's really not. The shield the use is a miss-mash of the chevron logo and their original shield logo, and it uses the worst parts of each. The crown logo is far too detailed to be used at that size, and is barely recognizable on TV. And that LA font is awful and doesn't work with any of the other fonts that the team uses. It is a poorly slapped together logo.

Just use the crown logo.

jNTsTyQ.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we go modern standards, and not stuff from the hand-drawn era, i'd say the Tampa Bay Lightning...

FORMER-LIGHTNING-CAPTAIN-DAVE-ANDREYCHUK

That Lightning logo is classic!! You can't be serious.

If by classic you mean "looks like it was designed by a 5th grader in powerpoint", then yes
Yea I guess. .growing up I always loved that jersey but looking back it looks like a superhero knockoff jersey. 2 dimensional shapes and ok design. But if you gave me a free jersey id wear it with pride.
shado_logo.gif

if we go modern standards, and not stuff from the hand-drawn era, i'd say the Tampa Bay Lightning...

That uniform and the one after it are still better than the current uni and logo. The Lightning are a 90s team and I don't understand Yzerman's desire to make us look like an original Six team. Its such a boring uniform and I hate the lack of black and silver.

LA Kings 2014.

It's really not. The shield the use is a miss-mash of the chevron logo and their original shield logo, and it uses the worst parts of each. The crown logo is far too detailed to be used at that size, and is barely recognizable on TV. And that LA font is awful and doesn't work with any of the other fonts that the team uses. It is a poorly slapped together logo.

Just use the crown logo.

Everything said is true. God, every time I see this logo I cringe. It looks like a poorly drawn up division 3 American soccer crest, and that's probably the nicest description of what the LA Kings logo looks like.

No purple? Okay. Getting rid of that nasty clip art crown as a logo? Okay. Replacing it with this? Quite possibly the only backwards step you could make with what the Kings used to have as an identity. Unfortunately my hopes of a complete rebrand have probably been lost after this title, I guess I'm going to have to get used to seeing this crappy crest for at least 10 more years.

Another one if we consider the WNBA to be "pro".

rkks6keu0b1atsb2yxathcqdg.gif

That actually looks pretty decent, imo. Better than the logo of a certain other basketball team in Minnesota, for sure
no other basketball team in Minnesota has won a championship

He's saying that the Lynx logo is better than the T-Wolves. At what point does he state the T-Wolves have won a title? I honestly think you post just to post, not trying to provide anything to the thread.

spacer.png

That actually looks pretty decent, imo. Better than the logo of a certain other basketball team in Minnesota, for sure

He's saying that the Lynx logo is better than the T-Wolves. At what point does he state the T-Wolves have won a title? I honestly think you post just to post, not trying to provide anything to the thread.
Have we forgotten about this team?

Minneapolis_lakers_logo.png

shado_logo.gif

I was saying the T-wolves haven't won a championship or they would probably be in this thread too.

If you're gonna go after a Southeast Division Cup winner, I think Carolina 2006 is more worthy of that distinction than Tampa.

SCJ06_19a.jpg

I disagree. I mean it's not a great logo but when paired with those creative jerseys it made for a solid identity. Anaheim's is much worse.

LA Kings 2014.

Just use the crown logo.

Everything said is true. God, every time I see this logo I cringe. It looks like a poorly drawn up division 3 American soccer crest, and that's probably the nicest description of what the LA Kings logo looks like.

No purple? Okay. Getting rid of that nasty clip art crown as a logo? Okay. Replacing it with this? Quite possibly the only backwards step you could make with what the Kings used to have as an identity. Unfortunately my hopes of a complete rebrand have probably been lost after this title, I guess I'm going to have to get used to seeing this crappy crest for at least 10 more years.

I think the cup parade through town was pretty horrible, the logo was on the busses, and they were huge......+ cars with big flags with the logo on.........looks even worse when you make that logo bigger.

BaltimoreRavensReverseHelmet.jpg

I disagree about the logo being the ugliest ever for a champ... but I think a case could be made for the Ravens to own the title of ugliest uniform to win a championship

Joe+Flacco+Jacoby+Jones+Super+Bowl+XLVII

The black stripe-less pants, the same colored socks to create the yoga pants effect, and to top it off the abysmal Nike collar. (Dry heaving)

90758391980.gif

Archived