Atlantic 10 new conference logo

RevNet

New logo set:

OTQDHQSYDCBXQXB.20140630183803.jpg

Old logo:

Atlantic-10-Logo.gif

Story:

NEWPORT NEWS, Va.—The Atlantic 10 Conference unveiled a new brand identity Monday. The new identity includes a logo redesign, brand identity and an in-depth usage guide, a first for the A-10.
Developed in conjunction with branding agency 160over90, which also produced the A-10’s nationally recognized “Next” campaign, the new logos include the primary wordmark, secondary versions of that mark and a shield for non-traditional and social media usage. The refreshed logos tie into the lineage of the previous A-10 mark, while also incorporating revised colors (PMS red 485 and PMS neutral black).
The new marks incorporate imagery of speed and strength, and are a direct reflection of the overall message developed during the “Next” campaign. The marks were designed to portray the Atlantic 10’s core values of winning, success, leadership, community service and academic excellence. The league has historically been known for its grittiness and uncompromising work ethic that has led to sustained excellence in athletics and academics.
“The Atlantic 10 Conference has a proud and rich history, thus it was time to redesign our logo highlighting the strength, speed and commitment of this league,” stated Commissioner Bernadette V. McGlade. “Our branding has been updated and modernized to keep pace with our membership. I love the versatility of the new marks, including the ability of our membership to utilize the conference logos in their own approved color palette.”

Source: http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31600&ATCLID=209535535

Edit: Mods, feel free to take this down if you like. Didn't see the College Basketball thread before I made this one.

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

I don't know if I'd call this an upgrade. The A is too off-center, especially in the pentagon secondary logo. I can tell it's supposed to emphasis motion, but I'm just not seeing it, especially with how the 1 next to it is shaped at the top. Definitely more modern though.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

its an improved look, but somethin about the colors is throwing me off, first time i looked at it it reminds me of the arena football league logo a bit especially with the red colored a

2rzsaw3.jpg

Archived