infrared41's Best and Worst of the Week - NFL Week 15

infrared41

Yeah, the Jags helmet... One of these days they'll fix that. And yes, Seattle, San Diego, and Minnesota made your top list at one time, but you DID say that you really didn't like their overall look aside from those one-off games (Seahawks' best looks are Blue over grey, or white over blue). At least the Chargers and Vikings stayed reasonably close to their "classic" roots (aside from the Vikes number font).

Keep it up! I'm lovin' the discussions this creates!

San Diego has made the best list twice this season and Minnesota has pretty much parked themselves in the top 5 this year. There are combos of the Seahawks look that I like. The problem is they rarely wear those combos. So I ask again, what's the point you're trying to make? Are you saying I prefer clean, traditional looks over stuff like the Bucs, Falcons*, or Seahawks? Guilty as charged. It's not like it's a big secret. Anyone who has followed this thread for the past however many years knows that. But that doesn't mean I dislike all modern uniforms. Again, if it looks good, I like it. If it looks bad, I don't like it. I wish it were more complicated than that because it would make it easier to explain things, but it's not.

*When the Falcons were wearing the black version of their current jerseys, they made the top 5 all the time.

BB52Big.jpg

What do you have against the Seahawks uniforms? Sure, they're not the NFL's best, but they shouldn't be a cellar dweller every week on account of their own uniforms.

WTF? :blink:

I meant they shouldn't be the ones ruining every matchup.

While I appreciate the thought, I think you're giving me a little more influence than I deserve here. In case you haven't noticed, this thread is just my opinion. It's not like what I decide is the best or worst match up is the definitive opinion on the matter. (although that would be nice) No offense, but I'm not going to change my opinion simply because you don't agree with it. You don't like my rankings? How about you contribute to thread and explain why you think I'm wrong? (That's kind of how it works around here) You say they "shouldn't be cellar dwellers." OK, why?

Oh, I'm not saying you should change it. You have your opinion, I have mine. I think that Nike did the best redesign job with the Seahawks over any of the others they did. I think we just disagree how good/bad the Seahawks uniforms are. There uniforms aren't bad - the combos are.

I guess I'm saying they shouldn't be the Bucs of a TB/OAK matchup. I don't think they should be the bad uniforms in every matchup.

@oldschoolvikings - I realize you're probably the Seahawk's last defender. I don't blame, considering how much I know you hate monochrome uniforms

While I appreciate the thought, I think you're giving me a little more influence than I deserve here. In case you haven't noticed, this thread is just my opinion. It's not like what I decide is the best or worst match up is the definitive opinion on the matter. (although that would be nice) No offense, but I'm not going to change my opinion simply because you don't agree with it. You don't like my rankings? How about you contribute to thread and explain why you think I'm wrong? (That's kind of how it works around here) You say they "shouldn't be cellar dwellers." OK, why?

Oh, I'm not saying you should change it. You have your opinion, I have mine. I think that Nike did the best redesign job with the Seahawks over any of the others they did. I think we just disagree how good/bad the Seahawks uniforms are. There uniforms aren't bad - the combos are.

I guess I'm saying they shouldn't be the Bucs of a TB/OAK matchup. I don't think they should be the bad uniforms in every matchup.

Fair enough. But you lost me with the bolded part. What are you trying to say there?

BB52Big.jpg

While we're on the subject of Seattle's uniforms... Let me preface this by apologizing for my poorly done "fixes." Clearly, retouching a picture is not my strong suit.

If Seattle went with my "fixed" jerseys and stuck to these two combos, in my opinion, it would be a really great look. (I should add that I'd be fine with leaving the neon green highlight on the sleeve of the home jersey. My limited skills are why it's not there. I tried to leave it in but it looked like a mess.)

Hawks1-Version2.jpgHawks2.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Fair enough. But you lost me with the bolded part. What are you trying to say there?

Sorry, meant they shouldn't be the bad uniform, the villain of every matchup. I meant the Raiders are a normal member of the top 5, but if they played the Bucs, they would instantly be off the best list and maybe on the worst list. Why? The Bucs uniforms are so terrible they are always on the worst list. But if the Seahawks were to play the Raiders, it shouldn't be an automatic member of the worst list. It would be 10x better than if the Raiders were playing the Bucs.

And regarding the post above, they should've just gone back to the sleeve logo rap-around. Would've been very un-nike like so it wasn't expected.

My least favorite part of the Seahawks jerseys is the size of the numbers. The collarbone stripes are pretty bad too. Even with that, I still really like their look with blue jerseys over gray pants. I really like their gray alternates too. I'd like it if they could wear them for all road games, but I'll take white over gray since that's not possible. They just wear the blue pants way too much.; I'd be perfectly fine if they got rid of the blue and white (do they even wear the white pants?) and only wore gray for home and away games.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

What do you have against the Seahawks uniforms? Sure, they're not the NFL's best, but they shouldn't be a cellar dweller every week on account of their own uniforms.

WTF? :blink:

I meant they shouldn't be the ones ruining every matchup.

And yet, there they are, doing just that.

This is how opinions work. I'm shocked every time someone defends that uniform.

I'm shocked anyone defends grey facemasks for teams that aren't one of the following

• Panthers
  • Cowboys
  • Lions
  • Raiders
  • Patriots
  • Seahawks

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

My least favorite part of the Seahawks jerseys is the size of the numbers. The collarbone stripes are pretty bad too. Even with that, I still really like their look with blue jerseys over gray pants. I really like their gray alternates too. I'd like it if they could wear them for all road games, but I'll take white over gray since that's not possible. They just wear the blue pants way too much.; I'd be perfectly fine if they got rid of the blue and white (do they even wear the white pants?) and only wore gray for home and away games.

They haven't used the white pants since week 4, and before then week 14 of 2013, and only three times since the Divisional playoffs of 2012. I'm glad they hardly use it now and use the white/blue combo.

While we're on the subject of Seattle's uniforms... Let me preface this by apologizing for my poorly done "fixes." Clearly, retouching a picture is not my strong suit.

If Seattle went with my "fixed" jerseys and stuck to these two combos, in my opinion, it would be a really great look. (I should add that I'd be fine with leaving the neon green highlight on the sleeve of the home jersey. My limited skills are why it's not there. I tried to leave it in but it looked like a mess.)

Hawks1-Version2.jpgHawks2.jpg

Add this in as an alternate, and it'd be even better. Wishful thinking, I know.

u4bjbVV.jpg

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

That's my biggest issue with the Seahawks uniforms. The collarbone stripes aren't great, but I can live with them. I like the neon green accents. Hell, I wouldn't even mind the occasional white over blue road combo. But the monochrome blue has got to go.

BB52Big.jpg

Their gray pants need green in them, and their blue pants need gray.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Their gray pants need green in them, and their blue pants need gray.

I forgot this in my earlier post. It seems like such an easy change since the design on the pants stripe is the same color as the pants. Just change that to the third color and the pants are good to go.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

When the Seahawks did their first uniform change, my family and I voted for the silver helmets. Blue won, and the rest is history. I'd love to see the silver helmets make a comeback. I mean, the Jets and Bills changed back from their colorful helmets. Why not Seattle, right?

Well, silver wouldn't go with their current set. They currently use gray, and not the half-assed light gray posing as silver, like the Patriots and Lions use. They use gray-gray. Silver's a no-go, but they could go with a gray helmet. That would be more interesting than another solid navy helmet.

I also feel that there are plenty of redeeming qualities to the Seahawks set, but together it's a mess. My biggest thing is, they are pushing the hell out of the neon green. Yet the logo has a gray stripe instead of a green. The green outlines on the numbers are thin compared to how bold the numbers are, and there aren't even outlines on the TV numbers. I think they would have better incorporated green into the set, most notably in the stripes on the white and gray pants. Make the Nike box green on the white and gray jerseys, and maybe even try green socks with the blue pants to see if that doesn't look terrible.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah, the Jags helmet... One of these days they'll fix that. And yes, Seattle, San Diego, and Minnesota made your top list at one time, but you DID say that you really didn't like their overall look aside from those one-off games (Seahawks' best looks are Blue over grey, or white over blue). At least the Chargers and Vikings stayed reasonably close to their "classic" roots (aside from the Vikes number font).

Keep it up! I'm lovin' the discussions this creates!

San Diego has made the best list twice this season and Minnesota has pretty much parked themselves in the top 5 this year. There are combos of the Seahawks look that I like. The problem is they rarely wear those combos. So I ask again, what's the point you're trying to make? Are you saying I prefer clean, traditional looks over stuff like the Bucs, Falcons*, or Seahawks? Guilty as charged. It's not like it's a big secret. Anyone who has followed this thread for the past however many years knows that. But that doesn't mean I dislike all modern uniforms. Again, if it looks good, I like it. If it looks bad, I don't like it. I wish it were more complicated than that because it would make it easier to explain things, but it's not.

*When the Falcons were wearing the black version of their current jerseys, they made the top 5 all the time.

Dude! I'm trying to give you a compliment! This is your thread, and I enjoy reading it (I might be new to posting, but I'm reading your threads every week). And yes, I'm exactly saying that it appears you prefer clean, traditional looks over the "Nike Atrocities" they're coming out with. Not an argument at all. No need to explain, either. Just keep doing what you're doing because it works!

I agree that some of the best "upgrades" that have been done have kept the best of the traditional looks while updating the little things. Green Bay, Oakland, Indy, Chicago? Minimal changes, great looks. Minnesota, San Diego, Detroit, SF? Tweaked, but still mostly classic looks. Seattle, Tampa Bay, Miami, Jax (damn those helmets!)? Wellll... Not so classic. Love my Seahawks, but don't love their look.

So don't mind me. I'm just enjoying the lists and the discussion.

(And I like that silver helmet so much, it's my new avatar...)

Unpopular opinion: Steelers/Falcons was a great looking game last week. I loved how the red/yellow clashed. Too bad we can't see it more often.

I was there, and I agree. However, the lighting of the dome didn't do it as much justice as it deserved. Put that game outdoors and it's pretty nice.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived