BPL by Wgeddes

Wgeddes122

Barclays Premier League is up. Going in alphabetical order. Arsenal up first. C&C welcome, list reasons. Love to hear new ideas.

Classic red top with white sleeves. gold accents striped socks

Away all navy with gold sleeves

Alternate dark red and purple

MftvPQR.jpg

Having Arsenal's third kit color be that close to the primary just wouldn't work.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Chelsea home kits are always blue, but are never plain. I suggest using some contrasting but subtle textures to add design elements.

Chelsea uses red accents in small amounts from time to time, but today's Chelsea would never use a red majority kit even as an away or alternate. Red is associated with rival teams. There is a strong history of blue vs. red in soccer. Blue teams don't usually wear red and red teams don't usually wear blue. I suggest changing the away kit to white (you could outline both blue stripes with red).

The alternate kit needs a little more blue.

Also Chelsea is an Adidas team and the 3 stripes on the shoulder could help you add some blue to the alternate kit.

Arsenal

Solid Arsenal look on the home kit, and hooped socks are usually a winner with me. I’d go along with CRichardson’s comment though about the third shirt being too close to the home kit - yes, it’s a darker red with matching sleeves but even so I’m doubtful the League or referee on the day would permit this to be worn against a home team in red? Imagine Arsenal are away to Barcelona in the Champions League - which kit of these three would they wear to provide a sufficient contrast with the red and blue-clad home side?
Burnley
White shorts are a more traditional look for Burnley - and I think it looks better than blue - but there are a couple of precedents for them to use blue or even claret shorts so we can put that down to personal preference. ;)
I think claret shorts may work better on the away, that would also give the option of swapping the shorts between the home and away should there be a clash.
Chelsea
I think there needs to be more of a contrast on the NoB, sponsor and maker’s mark on the third - white against the yellow looks rather insipid. On the away, red is a colour that Chelsea have used as an accent but as the primary colour on their away it might raise a few eyebrows. That said, they have gone with an all red ‘keeper kit this season so I suppose you could say this is a step along from that.
As a general comment, I see that you've gone all Nike so far - is this the idea for the whole League, or are you going to introduce some other kit makers?

Arsenal

Solid Arsenal look on the home kit, and hooped socks are usually a winner with me. I’d go along with CRichardson’s comment though about the third shirt being too close to the home kit - yes, it’s a darker red with matching sleeves but even so I’m doubtful the League or referee on the day would permit this to be worn against a home team in red? Imagine Arsenal are away to Barcelona in the Champions League - which kit of these three would they wear to provide a sufficient contrast with the red and blue-clad home side?
Burnley
White shorts are a more traditional look for Burnley - and I think it looks better than blue - but there are a couple of precedents for them to use blue or even claret shorts so we can put that down to personal preference. ;)
I think claret shorts may work better on the away, that would also give the option of swapping the shorts between the home and away should there be a clash.
Chelsea
I think there needs to be more of a contrast on the NoB, sponsor and maker’s mark on the third - white against the yellow looks rather insipid. On the away, red is a colour that Chelsea have used as an accent but as the primary colour on their away it might raise a few eyebrows. That said, they have gone with an all red ‘keeper kit this season so I suppose you could say this is a step along from that.
As a general comment, I see that you've gone all Nike so far - is this the idea for the whole League, or are you going to introduce some other kit makers?

He just uses Nike, same goes with his MLS jerseys.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Thanks for all the comments. Please do not comment about what kit maker a team has. Also what kit colors teams tend to have, does factor in my design but its not law that I need to keep kit colors. Lots of blue teams have red alternates and lots of red teams have blue alternates (Man U, Man CIty, Qpr, Leiscter City) Everton and Man city have purple alternates!

All these kits have already been made. there has been no rushing

Crystal Palace

WR7x75V.jpg

One suggestion I have is maybe changing the design on Burnley's home jersey so it doesn't get confused with the Villains'. Not that they'd both wear their home shirts on the same field, but you also want to think about the fans. If I were an Aston Villa fan, I should be able to walk down the street with this shirt on, and people would identify me as an Aston Villa fan, as opposed to, say, Burnley or West Ham.

I don't think you need the panel on the back of the home - white numbers contrast perfectly against black and amber, and I think a fully striped back looks much better.

The third socks have black hoops on - but the colour isn't present in the trim on the rest of the kit, so I think it looks a bit odd.

Incidentally, the crest you've used is an older version - from the start of this season an owner-pleasing name free version has been worn.

BigRed618. Burnley pretty much have the same kits now. Burnley got the colors from Villa when they were good. They are both claret and blue and both typically where claret with blue sleeve tops.

Hull CIty

fe3V4d2.jpg

I agree with Jaffa that I think the stripes would work all the way up the back on this one. I do really like the idea for the third kit. Very unique.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived