BIG NHL EXPANSION PROJECT (Saskatchewan completed 28/7/15)

Christian Legault

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow KC is beautiful. I was a little disappointed by the fact that you kept the red and blue color scheme since there are just so many teams with that now, but the addition of that tan-yellow really differentiates it. The jerseys are spot on as well. Just great.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the logo for Milwaukee.

A few notes:

- Avoided the beer theme. I was going to try "miller" or "hops" but miller is the name of a beer, its like calling them the milwaukee Bud lights...

- Dark saturated colour scheme.

-Another roundel... hey they look good so why not.

-Yes he's holding a stick.. but without it.. it didnt look like a hockey logo. And i really like the way it turned out.

8Sheet_zps8yh6ysqf.png

jerseys should be up soon. Sorry for the break.. Icehl and hjc open have took my design time away should be doing more teams consistently next week

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Colour: Love that shade of orange on Milwaukee, and the midnight green. But it's the seafoam that makes it pop. Unique. I think you should likely go with the green as the primary, orange second, and make the visiting unis or alternates in the seafoam.

Logo: solid drawing on the pike, I would consider increasing the size, maybe have it pop out of the orange circle and drop the outer green ring. Tangent idea: how about working in the idea of netting behind the fish, both to imply fishing, and a goal-net? it could break up some of the white space caused by the narrow fish.

Just my $.02. A solid entry, can't wait for the jersey!

Updated logo, and jerseys.

8Sheet_zpscrv1dxer.png

8Jersey_zpsrpd6mzy8.png

I love the color scheme and the logo. Just two thoughts:

1. The dark gray in the roundel obscures the pike itself. I would consider either lightening or darkening it so the fish pops a bit more.

2. I think the plural of pike is just pike, without the s.

I highly doubt Milwaukee will ever get an NHL team if the Chicago Blackhawks are still in existence. I think Seattle would be a good city for NHL expansion or Phoenix relocation. Missouri would have 2 NHL teams if Kansas City ever get an NHL franchise again. Expanding beyond 30 NHL teams will weaken the league I wouldn't mind some relocations as long as they aren't original six teams.

I like the concept for halifax, although I think I did prefer the highlanders one I saw, But i think the sailboat is a little.. cartoonish. I think it could be much more Regal/impressive than a little schooner. Overall these are great though.

Also, as a bit of a purist, I learn away from anything that has to include apparel from the sport, so I'm not really a fan of the Pikes one, just because he's holding a hockey stick. So thats just me.

Loving the Milwaukee logo, it has a color palette that I'm not sure I've ever seen before for a sports team and looks really good. Nicely drawn and it's a good concept to the area. I took at look at the previous concepts and you definitely have a good series going; looking forward to seeing the next one!

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

The Milwaukee concept is solid, Christian. Nicely done.

The "Pike" looks great.

The only part that I would change, would be the upper edge of the body before the tail (after the bend).

I think it would flow better if it was curved the other way.

Also, I like the white sweater more than the dark...

I think because it has more contrast.

Perhaps in the logo, numbers, striping, and NOB, the lighter green could be even lighter (almost white).

Great series...I've been checking it out over at HJC also.

I want to see a Colorado team or an identity other than the Avs that focuses on the mountain identity and the wildlife there, like for team names, Elk, or Trout, or 14ers? And for a city, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, or Estes Park? Anyways, can't wait for Houston, and Milwaukee looks great.

I'd like to see the Pike without the stick, I'd be willing to bet it would still look pretty good.

I like the overall look, and the logo is well executed.

Those would look good in action.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived