2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, the admiral said:

Maybe "head to toe black with gold and red accents" would be more apt. Point is, they don't work as a red team.

Yes, the Senators have a really rough identity right now. they look too much like so many other teams. if they add more black, they are basically the Devils. If they add more red, they are basically the Hurricanes. Then there's still the Blackhawks, the "originators" of the black helmet - red jersey - black shorts combo. And don't forget Calgary, which really should just be all-red with yellow accents, but hasn't quite gotten the memo yet.

The Sens' original 90s look was beautiful and worked well for them.

Senators02.png

They aren't perfect (numbers weird overlap with sleeve stripes, the current side-view logo is better), but they have a bit more life.

The Senators should use more gold.  That would keep them away from comparisons to the Devils or any other team with red and black in their colour scheme.  I'll take the peace tower alternate over what they have now any day of the week.

Ottawa-Senators-Black-Alternate-Third-je

The Binghamton Senators wore something based off them.

9281.jpg

So one person said the Oilers mascot is scary and now that is the set narrative?!  Nobody else can decide for themselves eh.  

The Lynx looks cool and accurate.   And the only video I saw kids appeared to love him.   

But sure go with the trite narrative to fit in. 

3 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I don't feel that there will be a change with Adidas. They own Reebok anyway. IMO, if the teams want to make a change, they will for the sake of changing and not because the sweaters say Adidas.

Then why were the WCH jerseys on different template?  Why wouldnt they use the same old reebok template...

22 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Judging from the early reaction on social media, I wouldn't be surprised if the Oilers pull a NO Pelicans and redesign the suit to make it less terrifying. I

You know that happened with the NY Islanders. Back when they went to those fisherman jerseys (their best look ever!) they introduced this mascot called NYLES. He was a fisherman with a goal light on his helmet and had a long beard. They had to alter his look and trim his beard because of complaints that he was too scary. This was before social media in the mid 1990s. They were going by complaints from fans where mothers were telling management that he was scaring their children.

Here's a picture of the neutered NYLES.

https://mascotoftheday.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/unnamed6.jpg

I can't find a pic of his original look though. Apparently it only lasted a few games. I still remember seeing him on TV and thinking how creepy he looked. Like some freaky hippie.

Edit. Oh here I found some footage of him

The Catch of the Day!

On September 20, 2016 at 11:24 PM, Ice_Cap said:

What works for the Lakers doesn't work for the Kings. The Blackhawks have had a pretty successful run as of late, but it's not like anyone's calling for the Bears to adopt red, white, and black.

And?

I'm not trying to deny any of that. I'm simply saying that the Kings have had their best years in black and silver. That's the colour scheme most associated with success as far as that team goes. The Kings ought to be in black and silver for the same reason the Oilers and Islanders ought to be in royal blue and orange. You wear the colours that best represent the team. And the colours that best represent the team are the colours associated with the team's best years. 

Or is it any coincidence that the teams that always seem to change colour schemes completely have very little past success reference visually? A Cup or World Series win would have probably locked down the definitive Canucks and Padres looks a long time ago.

Wrong. Houston Rockets won two championships in the red and yellow then went to the snarly rocket pajama look a year later... And right under your nose the Pens won in the Vegas Gold and Black but will be changing back to the sunflower yellow and black jerseys from the '90's... Have to

back up claims when you blurt them out.

2 minutes ago, NeverSayNever said:

Wrong. Houston Rockets won two championships in the red and yellow then went to the snarly rocket pajama look a year later... And right under your nose the Pens won in the Vegas Gold and Black but will be changing back to the sunflower yellow and black jerseys from the '90's... Have to

back up claims when you blurt them out.

Well to be fair, the Penguins would have won the Cup in athletic gold and black if they had won game 5 at home.  It's not like it was a completely unused color scheme that season.

Archived