2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Can't we talk about Nyles the fisherman some more? He was the greatest sports mascot outside of Al the Octopus.

https://i.redditmedia.com/QXrIo7WT5e-IdJEPvlc2KiyY1k_4vMAKjDcfrJ1qHvs.jpg?w=320&s=a63e95fe8d80c9564a18886c189a1c22

So THAT'S what the Ghost of Christmas Present did when he was younger...

latest?cb=20100208054158

21 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Can't we talk about Nyles the fisherman some more? He was the greatest sports mascot outside of Al the Octopus.

I heard he did several years behind bars, and was forced to register as a sex offender. I wonder how he makes his money these days !?  

Edit: I just googled him, he works as a lawyer now.

53 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Watching the Avs and Stars game had my thinking how good the Avs would look if they just used that template.  

thpgTBA.png

Exactly. For all the harping on templates, if they look good, who the frig cares? Use it ! I wouldn't care if there were 6 basic templates and all teams looked alike. I suppose the Yotes and the Avs have "unique" templates at this point, but they look like dog poo.

Too simple for a 1996 based franchise that formerly had an established, attractive identity associated with 2 championships and some of the greatest players in the game.  Maybe the Avalanche will use the Adidas roll-out to finally bring back the mountain range striping.

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Watching the Avs and Stars game had my thinking how good the Avs would look if they just used that template.  

thpgTBA.png

Add thin black stripes on the outer edges of the white stripes and it would look even better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/29/2016 at 1:14 PM, CreamSoda said:

Added grey stripes to the pattern and added the C logo to the shoulder.  This is so much better than their current set, who cares if it is a template already in use!

TsB65yD.png

As someone who has never liked any of the Colorado Avalanche jerseys over the years, this looks fantastic. It's simple, complete, and isn't too busy. To be honest, this is the first time I have ever been thoroughly impressed by a burgundy Avalanche jersey. Job well done, this should be their home jersey, without question.

The Leafs jerseys in photos look like Tampa. The Leafs jerseys on TV look like Winnipeg. This is not a good thing

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/moulson-scores-winner-sabres-top-leafs-1-0-pre-season/

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 9/28/2016 at 7:21 AM, McCarthy said:

Like the black jerseys, there are issues with that set that should've been corrected rather than going for a straight shot-for-shot throwback (the sock stripes and the inexplicable floating yellow hem stripe on the whites being my main gripes). 

But it's much better than the khaki EDGE uniforms. 

But it's not inexplicable. The arms and hem stripes of both jerseys match. The only difference is the main jersey color. The yellow stripe exists on the white to separate the top white stripe from the white jersey body, which isn't a concern on the black jersey.

Penguins39.png

Archived