Mings

I dream my painting and I paint my dream

I got a watercolor set (everything was in tubes, which was weird since I've only ever seen watercolors in palette form) for Christmas and decided to give it a try. I tried painting a night sky over mountains and I'm not completely disappointed with it.

IMG_1239.JPG

I'm not saying watercolor is easy, but I was surprised at how decent my first attempt looks.  With that said, this is nowhere near as good as some of the watercolor work a google search would turn up and improving on this and making it look more detailed and getting it anywhere near the level of that other work seems impossible to do for me, so I think watercolors are very difficult.

Also, I used some relatively cheap brushes so you can see a few strands from the brush that shedded and ended up on the paper and the colors look slightly less vivid in the photo than on the actual work.

I've found that using HDR on your phone and taking a picture with ample natural light helps with that (outside of having a full blown photography studio).

This is really damn nice. 

Thanks, maybe I'll try that tomorrow!

I basically watched the following video which makes working with watercolor look insanely easy and thought "I can do that!"  But clearly mine doesn't compare in the slightest bit.  I'll probably try again tomorrow night.  I think my biggest was making mine too blended together now that I look at it.

Finished my latest one. I'm pretty happy with how it came out and reflects the building much more than the photo I took at this vantage point was able to do.

IMG_0122 (1).jpg

Edited by Mings
Added Color Corrected Photo

I know this is old, but I made a painting and wanted to share. It's a simplistic painting of the mountains from my house.

20170628_222913670_iOS.thumb.jpg.69c3631bf4ac5a9d2b92cee34afe7b27.jpg

Kinda sloppy, but I enjoy it.

Lebron.thumb.png.a5b6f6f8c37fbfd7d6ba5c521dc85bdd.png

A friend of mine asked me to paint a picture of Lebron for him. Wacom tablet, Photoshop, round fan brush used in various sizes with smoothing and wet edges turned on.