Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

3 hours ago, hkynik_55 said:

I'm only commenting so I can post something. Ignore me

my inner contrarian will not abide that request. Share an opinion about the NBA uni's my friend

I give a pass to those Draft hats. If there's one occasion you can do something crazy with the design, it's the Draft. Also, having a "more is more" approach to the design is very refreshing once in a while, and adds some interesting details to examine in this case. Some additional area-specific elements would've made them even more interesting. Good concept. Especially, compared to last years' hats.

Too much going on with those hats, I'd be ok if they just limit one extra logo or slogan on the side.

Refreshing to see the Cavs in their home uniform (I refuse to use the Nike speak). Just a shame that they choose to wear them now, for this one & only game this postseason.

If the stock photos of these hats are what is actually released, the Bucks hat will have the wrong city flag on it.  Unless the production version actually has the new one on it.

8 hours ago, mjd77 said:

If the stock photos of these hats are what is actually released, the Bucks hat will have the wrong city flag on it.  Unless the production version actually has the new one on it.

I thought the new flag wasn't technically official yet, no?

Granted, it really SHOULD be, but, you know, bureaucracy and all.

1 hour ago, ChicagoOakland said:

I thought the new flag wasn't technically official yet, no?

Granted, it really SHOULD be, but, you know, bureaucracy and all.

It was made official in the middle of June last year.  Personally, I think the new flag sucks anyway so I don't care if they still use the old one.

They really did botch the voting for the new flag.  The bottom right was the only acceptable finalist.

image.ashx?domain=www.jsonline.com&file=

I get that the previous flag was too busy and they wanted to be simplistic, but yea perhaps too much in that direction.

14 hours ago, NicDB said:

They really did botch the voting for the new flag.  The bottom right was the only acceptable finalist.

image.ashx?domain=www.jsonline.com&file=

They’re all solid flags in their own right. I don’t know that I would have chosen the one they did, but you really couldn’t go wrong with any of them. They’re going to go from the bottom five to the top ten or fifteen in the annual vexillology reviews.

44 minutes ago, Froob said:

Warriors in white every game sucks.

Yeah that would probably suck. Luckily they didn't wear white in game 2. ?

Finals jersey matcups have been brutal. Warriors never wearing blue, one team wearing black every single game. What a mess.

7 hours ago, JESSEDIEBOLT said:

Yeah that would probably suck. Luckily they didn't wear white in game 2. ?

I didn’t mean literally every game lol. It’s tiring seeing them in white almost every game these past two series. 

Those draft hats look like they have a tourism theme. The flags, and the pins. It all screams excited tourist collecting trinkets to take home. I’ve seen many people at Disneyland sporting this look. Not sure what tourism has to do with the draft, but what do I know?

1 hour ago, Lee Noire said:

Those draft hats look like they have a tourism theme. The flags, and the pins. It all screams excited tourist collecting trinkets to take home. I’ve seen many people at Disneyland sporting this look. Not sure what tourism has to do with the draft, but what do I know?

I suspect it's more New Era going after the current fashion trends in hip-hop culture, which is taking a lot from 90s grunge and 70s punk fashions right now. I.E. lots of denim jackets with theoretically curated patches and pins. I'm a little surprised the draft hats are still flat-brim, high-crown style and not dad hats.

The sad thing about those draft caps is that without all the stuff on them, they actually look pretty nice.  They're very basic and I suppose they wouldn't lead to a mad rush to Lids or anything, but they'd be the kind of things that would look good a few years from now when we see draft-day photos.

The good news is that Applebees and TGI Friday's can probably let their staff wear hats of the local NBA team now.  FLARE!

Lakers had a tweet showing their performances in each uniform this year:

https://twitter.com/lakers/status/1005245592631533568?s=21 

Thought it was kinda interesting and if anyone else would care about it it would probably be people here. I really hate that the white was worn more often than purple...