TheGiantsFan

Snapchat Geofilters

omnivore    68

This is great. I'll get in on the action for my city. 

H11K    298

Just made a basic one for my city (tucson)

GeoFilter.png

Mimics a "Sunset" which is an awesome thing about our city.

Zeus89725    954
36 minutes ago, OlavoP said:

Just submitted this one for one of the buildings in my university, really hope it gets accepted:

RZ0tpGS.png?1

That is undoubtedly cool. Awesome work.

H11K    298

Actually created two more, one is for my high school.

CFHS-2.pngSB-C.png

theep3    29
18 hours ago, H11K said:

GeoFilter.png

Texas Stars lol

H11K    298
Just now, theep3 said:

Texas Stars lol

I like the font B)

theep3    29
4 minutes ago, H11K said:

I like the font B)

I like it too, I wish I knew what it was...

TheGiantsFan    126
On 12/8/2016 at 0:47 PM, JoeDGemma said:

Here are two that I've created for Columbus, Ohio; the second being of my school's prominent Art Sculpture that towers over our campus quad.

SciotoMile_Filter.png

Scioto Mile | Columbus, OH

Art.png

Columbus College of Art & Design | Columbus, OH

These are some pretty great designs, especially the Scioto Mile one! I like its simplicity. :)

On 12/10/2016 at 9:31 PM, H11K said:

Actually created two more, one is for my high school.

SB-C.png

I like this design, although I personally feel that "SABINO CANYON" would look better if its "inside" the mountains at the bottom; it looks a bit odd having it at the top of the mountains like that.

5 hours ago, XenonDesigns said:

@TheGiantsFan I just found your Flickr through Reddit and I'm so impressed by not only your designs but how you've been able to make so many filters with such creativity!

Like how I have with my soccer concepts in the past, I try to take the time to make each filter truly individual and unique to each specific location. Glad you're liking 'em! :)

(Have you gone through my entire Geofilter Collection as well? :P)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had two filters accepted for very high-population areas these past few weeks...

30520772784_ca3354cdd0_c.jpg

This past summer, I doubted that I'll ever make a filter that would match the high aesthetic of San Francisco filters. However, after Thanksgiving Break, I got this filter for San Francisco's main shopping district accepted, and I got very excited at the magnitude of people that may be using it (especially during the busy Christmas shopping season). I wanted to keep this design modern and simple, with a little wordplay on "Square" as well.

30799579923_6e3c2ded77_c.jpg

Yesterday, I got this filter for Anaheim (requested by a friend of mine) accepted. This was an interesting challenge for me, as a northern California native taking on the southern California aesthetic, which I managed to pull off this sunny, orange (for Orange County, of course). The "i" can be interpreted as either a palm tree or a sunburst. Oh, and there's also a Hidden Mickey in there because Disneyland. :)

~ Daryl

bkknight95    609
8 minutes ago, TheGiantsFan said:

These are some pretty great designs, especially the Scioto Mile one! I like its simplicity. :)

I like this design, although I personally feel that "SABINO CANYON" would look better if its "inside" the mountains at the bottom; it looks a bit odd having it at the top of the mountains like that.

Like how I have with my soccer concepts in the past, I try to take the time to make each filter truly individual and unique to each specific location. Glad you're liking 'em! :)

(Have you gone through my entire Geofilter Collection as well? :P)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had two filters accepted for very high-population areas these past few weeks...

30520772784_ca3354cdd0_c.jpg

This past summer, I doubted that I'll ever make a filter that would match the high aesthetic of San Francisco filters. However, after Thanksgiving Break, I got this filter for San Francisco's main shopping district accepted, and I got very excited at the magnitude of people that may be using it (especially during the busy Christmas shopping season). I wanted to keep this design modern and simple, with a little wordplay on "Square" as well.

30799579923_6e3c2ded77_c.jpg

Yesterday, I got this filter for Anaheim (requested by a friend of mine) accepted. This was an interesting challenge for me, as a northern California native taking on the southern California aesthetic, which I managed to pull off this sunny, orange (for Orange County, of course). The "i" can be interpreted as either a palm tree or a sunburst. Oh, and there's also a Hidden Mickey in there because Disneyland. :)

~ Daryl

I like the Anaheim filter. It almost has a Tostitos Fiesta Bowl look to it. 

H11K    298
On 12/10/2016 at 5:58 PM, H11K said:

GeoFilter.png

This filter got accepted! But my Sabino Canyon one did not, Im going to use the feed back @TheGiantsFangave me to improve it

H11K    298

Updated the Sabino Canyon, not exactly along the line of what @TheGiantsFan had given me, but I wouldn't of realized that it did need to be changed without him!

SB-C copy.png

eRay    109

I just made a new one for the high school that I graduated from and now coach basketball at, Poland Regional High School. We're the Knights, obviously. It got accepted in like 3 days, Snapchat is moving quickly nowadays.

KN.jpg

H11K    298
21 hours ago, H11K said:

Updated the Sabino Canyon, not exactly along the line of what @TheGiantsFan had given me, but I wouldn't of realized that it did need to be changed without him!

SB-C copy.png

Well this one got rejected. Not quite sure why, but oh well, it could be the area that I am proposing to have it on.

TheGiantsFan    126
26 minutes ago, H11K said:

Well this one got rejected. Not quite sure why, but oh well, it could be the area that I am proposing to have it on.

I feel like it's most likely involving the color of the "Sabino Canyon" text, assuming that there's no white outline around it (it would be impossible to see on a dark background). They're usually very big on making sure that filters show up on dark backgrounds.

theep3    29

4 hours ago, TheGiantsFan said:

I feel like it's most likely involving the color of the "Sabino Canyon" text, assuming that there's no white outline around it (it would be impossible to see on a dark background). They're usually very big on making sure that filters show up on dark backgrounds.

Yeah I've heard people say always have a stroke outlining all text to make sure it can go on any background. Another thing, is there any specific reason why you don't put the text inside of the canyon?

H11K    298
2 hours ago, theep3 said:

Yeah I've heard people say always have a stroke outlining all text to make sure it can go on any background. Another thing, is there any specific reason why you don't put the text inside of the canyon?

Too me, I feel like it would clutter it, but ill give it a shot, why not!