Snapchat Geofilters

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great. I'll get in on the action for my city. 

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

On 12/8/2016 at 0:47 PM, JoeDGemma said:

Here are two that I've created for Columbus, Ohio; the second being of my school's prominent Art Sculpture that towers over our campus quad.

SciotoMile_Filter.png

Scioto Mile | Columbus, OH

Art.png

Columbus College of Art & Design | Columbus, OH

These are some pretty great designs, especially the Scioto Mile one! I like its simplicity. :)

On 12/10/2016 at 9:31 PM, H11K said:

Actually created two more, one is for my high school.

SB-C.png

I like this design, although I personally feel that "SABINO CANYON" would look better if its "inside" the mountains at the bottom; it looks a bit odd having it at the top of the mountains like that.

5 hours ago, XenonDesigns said:

@TheGiantsFan I just found your Flickr through Reddit and I'm so impressed by not only your designs but how you've been able to make so many filters with such creativity!

Like how I have with my soccer concepts in the past, I try to take the time to make each filter truly individual and unique to each specific location. Glad you're liking 'em! :)

(Have you gone through my entire Geofilter Collection as well? :P)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had two filters accepted for very high-population areas these past few weeks...

30520772784_ca3354cdd0_c.jpg

This past summer, I doubted that I'll ever make a filter that would match the high aesthetic of San Francisco filters. However, after Thanksgiving Break, I got this filter for San Francisco's main shopping district accepted, and I got very excited at the magnitude of people that may be using it (especially during the busy Christmas shopping season). I wanted to keep this design modern and simple, with a little wordplay on "Square" as well.

30799579923_6e3c2ded77_c.jpg

Yesterday, I got this filter for Anaheim (requested by a friend of mine) accepted. This was an interesting challenge for me, as a northern California native taking on the southern California aesthetic, which I managed to pull off this sunny, orange (for Orange County, of course). The "i" can be interpreted as either a palm tree or a sunburst. Oh, and there's also a Hidden Mickey in there because Disneyland. :)

~ Daryl

8 minutes ago, TheGiantsFan said:

These are some pretty great designs, especially the Scioto Mile one! I like its simplicity. :)

I like this design, although I personally feel that "SABINO CANYON" would look better if its "inside" the mountains at the bottom; it looks a bit odd having it at the top of the mountains like that.

Like how I have with my soccer concepts in the past, I try to take the time to make each filter truly individual and unique to each specific location. Glad you're liking 'em! :)

(Have you gone through my entire Geofilter Collection as well? :P)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had two filters accepted for very high-population areas these past few weeks...

30520772784_ca3354cdd0_c.jpg

This past summer, I doubted that I'll ever make a filter that would match the high aesthetic of San Francisco filters. However, after Thanksgiving Break, I got this filter for San Francisco's main shopping district accepted, and I got very excited at the magnitude of people that may be using it (especially during the busy Christmas shopping season). I wanted to keep this design modern and simple, with a little wordplay on "Square" as well.

30799579923_6e3c2ded77_c.jpg

Yesterday, I got this filter for Anaheim (requested by a friend of mine) accepted. This was an interesting challenge for me, as a northern California native taking on the southern California aesthetic, which I managed to pull off this sunny, orange (for Orange County, of course). The "i" can be interpreted as either a palm tree or a sunburst. Oh, and there's also a Hidden Mickey in there because Disneyland. :)

~ Daryl

I like the Anaheim filter. It almost has a Tostitos Fiesta Bowl look to it. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 12/10/2016 at 5:58 PM, H11K said:

Just made a basic one for my city (tucson)

GeoFilter.png

Mimics a "Sunset" which is an awesome thing about our city.

This filter got accepted! But my Sabino Canyon one did not, Im going to use the feed back @TheGiantsFangave me to improve it

a2BRS8U.png

I just made a new one for the high school that I graduated from and now coach basketball at, Poland Regional High School. We're the Knights, obviously. It got accepted in like 3 days, Snapchat is moving quickly nowadays.

KN.jpg

21 hours ago, H11K said:

Updated the Sabino Canyon, not exactly along the line of what @TheGiantsFan had given me, but I wouldn't of realized that it did need to be changed without him!

SB-C copy.png

Well this one got rejected. Not quite sure why, but oh well, it could be the area that I am proposing to have it on.

a2BRS8U.png

26 minutes ago, H11K said:

Well this one got rejected. Not quite sure why, but oh well, it could be the area that I am proposing to have it on.

I feel like it's most likely involving the color of the "Sabino Canyon" text, assuming that there's no white outline around it (it would be impossible to see on a dark background). They're usually very big on making sure that filters show up on dark backgrounds.

4 hours ago, TheGiantsFan said:

I feel like it's most likely involving the color of the "Sabino Canyon" text, assuming that there's no white outline around it (it would be impossible to see on a dark background). They're usually very big on making sure that filters show up on dark backgrounds.

Yeah I've heard people say always have a stroke outlining all text to make sure it can go on any background. Another thing, is there any specific reason why you don't put the text inside of the canyon?

Parsons is my dude.

2 hours ago, theep3 said:

Yeah I've heard people say always have a stroke outlining all text to make sure it can go on any background. Another thing, is there any specific reason why you don't put the text inside of the canyon?

Too me, I feel like it would clutter it, but ill give it a shot, why not!

a2BRS8U.png

Archived