1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

Why him? Go bigger.

Sure. Sign Hayward and trade for Davis.

Isaiah Thomas

Avery Bradley

Gordan Hayward

Al Horford

Anthony Davis

Plus a bench of Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown and etc. That'd be pretty good!

16 hours ago, dfwabel said:

It is too many.

True Hoop's* Pelton and Arnovitz discussed putting free agency ahead of the draft. Unlike the NFL, as currently constructed, this would have free agency before the new league year (July 1). Thoughts? Teams already have a basic idea what the cap hold for a 1st round pick is anyway.

*-I'll still call it True Hoop for the near future.

If the Finals went to game 7, they'd be finishing today. The draft is Thursday. Is there really enough time to start free agency in just four days?

The NBA's offseason is so short compared to football that you kind of have to bunch everything. Without having listened to the pod, I don't know what you would gain from beginning free agency earlier. Or is "earlier" the Friday after the draft?

12 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

If the Finals went to game 7, they'd be finishing today. The draft is Thursday. Is there really enough time to start free agency in just four days?

The NBA's offseason is so short compared to football that you kind of have to bunch everything. Without having listened to the pod, I don't know what you would gain from beginning free agency earlier. Or is "earlier" the Friday after the draft?

If anything just move the draft back to align with the start of free agency.  It's kinda weird that none of the draft day trades are actually "official" until a week or so later because of how the league timetable is set up.

I hate the NBA's draft trade system. I wish we could remove the awkward moment where the draftee has to put on a hat and interview as a member of a team he will never play for. 

The NBA season is just too damn long, October to June is crazy.

Plot Twist: Sam Hinkie's underlings take over the Sixers in a coup.  Sixers shock everyone and draft Harry Giles at the #1 spot, who ends up missing the season.

The Process lives on in Philadelphia.

Rumors have it now that Danny-boy is trying to get a deal together for Anthony Davis with the Picks he just got from the 76ers. 

I...I just don't know anymore. 

31 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Rumors have it now that Danny-boy is trying to get a deal together for Anthony Davis with the Picks he just got from the 76ers. 

I...I just don't know anymore. 

We've already been talking about that. Both sides should do it. And then the Pelicans should leave New Orleans because that should kill off any short-term fan interest.

Temperamental DeMarcus Cousins would become the best player on an at best mediocre team, which is what he is used to.

Boston needs to trade with the Kings for the 5 and 10, get more picks, and try to get AD and still draft someone like Jonathan Isaac. Keep this train rolling.

5pm Eastern today, the Clippers are suppose to make a formal announcement...perhaps the worst kept secret currently in Southern California NBA basketball

Image may contain: text

facebook.com/laclippers

16 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

David Griffin gone. Horrendously stupid move by Dan Gilbert. Pay the man whatever he wants.

It doesn't matter when you already got LeBron as your GM

Read "Return of the King," the Windhorst/McMenamin book on the Cavs' championship. Griffin was instrumental in maneuvering the team to sign LeBron and for firing Blatt in favor of Lue.

Unless he's feeling burnt out or has a health scare (he's a cancer survivor), I hope he's leaving on his terms. A firing would be nonsense.

45 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Read "Return of the King," the Windhorst/McMenamin book on the Cavs' championship. Griffin was instrumental in maneuvering the team to sign LeBron and for firing Blatt in favor of Lue.

Unless he's feeling burnt out or has a health scare (he's a cancer survivor), I hope he's leaving on his terms. A firing would be nonsense.

This will be GM #4 since 2010.

Danny Ferry, Chris Grant, David Griffin and the new hire.

Plus, Gilbert didn't allow ATL and MIL to talk to Griffin as he was still under contract.

59 minutes ago, dont care said:

It doesn't matter when you already got LeBron as your GM

Anyone who knows the NBA knows this isn't true.

First Gilbert introduces that stupid new logo and then fires the architect of a three-time Eastern championship team and one-time title winner.

This has "organizations win championships" all over it, and it was as stupid then as it is now. Unless something comes out that paints this in a more positive light, the Cavs just lost a lot of goodwill with me.

Looks like Griffin was LeBron's scapegoat this offseason.  :rolleyes:

The NBA has like 2-3 GMs that are great, another handful that are good, and a large pile of leftovers that are prone to committing franchise-crippling mistakes on a regular basis.  Griffin likely falls under that second category and I'm curious who they think would be available and an upgrade over him.

2 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Looks like Griffin was LeBron's scapegoat this offseason.  :rolleyes:

LeBron actually wanted him to stay:

Just now, BlackBolt3 said:

LeBron actually wanted him to stay:

Hmmm...that makes this all the more interesting.  I can't imagine Griffin would have been forced out otherwise; maybe he really is stepping down?