Your favorite & least favorite World Series logo

Lone Wolf Rider

As someone who has watched the World Series since 2001, I've seen the logo change many times. Heck, I still have my Boston Red Sox cap with the 2013 World Series patch on the side, of which I may need to replace soon, but anyways, I want to know: what is your favorite World Series logo and which one made you take a 2nd look? For me, I don't really have a favorite but I do know this: I hated the 2014 logo, and maybe I'm not the only one. 

Favorites:

81bc8wgs9as0e4ug2wghefr73.gif

hx6io577agcl6uqga0h8d3gaq.gif

gys5nfxb8aosh54sgmlxtagdh.gif

fwxdawsse46egakhv2xd8spiw.gif

Least favorites:

fg3j9sucggimkobvh5e4bg5x6.gif

(This World Series easily had the ugliest patches I've ever seen for a postseason series.)

c2tggh1ap4h0j4gbozzgk3t2j.gif

(Not sure what MLB was thinking with the super-muddled colors, but it looked terrible.)

vmd5wcl37jjzauhp264ejup18.gif

(About the ugliest Western font I've ever seen. Not that MLB could've foreseen this, but it was made worse by the fact that it was contested by teams from the two largest cities in the country, which doesn't exactly bring to mind Western imagery.)

MLB World Series (2007 - 2007)

This is just a solid logo IMO. I like when they try to incorporate a globe or the trophy or the diamond/home plate so that it's on theme, but there have been mixed results. My very favorites are from the 08-12 era of using the leaf motif. Not sure why they went away from that to be as bland as possible. 

77, as shown above, to me is the worst. Makes me feel like I'm in an old hamburger joint, not the World fuggin Series.

3 hours ago, kroywen said:

(This World Series easily had the ugliest patches I've ever seen for a postseason series.)

(Not sure what MLB was thinking with the super-muddled colors, but it looked terrible.)

(About the ugliest Western font I've ever seen. Not that MLB could've foreseen this, but it was made worse by the fact that it was contested by teams from the two largest cities in the country, which doesn't exactly bring to mind Western imagery.)

What's up with the year and the big 1, and the small 995?  Looks like a bag of chips.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

What's up with the year and the big 1, and the small 995?  Looks like a bag of chips.

probably a mistake because other pictures have the numbers the same size.

1237px-1995-World-Series.svg.png

and why is this logo the only one that dark? 

XM4KeeA.png

21 hours ago, kroywen said:

This is different from what was on the jerseys. I have the Indians blue jersey from that World Series. The colors were still a little muddy because they didn't utilize a gold color that worked better.

58f76f4dc8d3b_1995worldserieslogo.gif.94eef61925c5d1fa0d1567a4f80f44fd.gif

cleveland-indians-patches-through-the-years-41651851a3b10eb8.jpg.fdb526297e07fcace7e2f2dff26beb98.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, kroywen said:

vmd5wcl37jjzauhp264ejup18.gif

Anything before the diamond and globe logo was just horrible. It's important to remember that most leagues didn't take championship branding as seriously until the mid to late 80's. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Anything before the diamond and globe logo was just horrible.

Well, you're almost right.   As I mentioned earlier, the 1978 logo was excellent.

Image result for 1978 world series logo

That was good as a one-off for that milestone year.  But it did not work when it was copied the following year:

Image result for 1979 world series logo

Anyway, I agree that the diamond/globe design represented the World Series logo reaching maturity.  (The pre-globe diamond version was almost as good.)

But things started to go very wrong when they brought faux-3D into the logo in 1998:

81bc8wgs9as0e4ug2wghefr73.gif

After that came a series of unsightly logos featuring inexplicable swirls, and lettering seemingly taken from computer games.

Sanity made a comeback as of 2008, when more adult-looking fonts began to be used.  And I'd say that two of the last three have been amongst the best ever, with very dignified looks.

1924__mlb_world_series-primary-2014.png        9213__mlb_world_series-primary-2016.png

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived