Football Reclamation Project

JamieRose

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought so too, to differentiate themselves from the Stallions a little. The Stars' pants had more of a Mustard Gold tinge to them and the helmet was  darker Mustard Gold. 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

20 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Nice!

For some reason, the Stars' pants looked lighter than the gold on the helmet. Was that intentional?

chuck-fusina-stars-usfl.jpg?itok=_yKqrXN

Most likely was due to the fact that their specified gold is a Pantone Metallic color which doesn't usually translate well to flat fabrics, and I'm strictly using the Pantone specs in making these since otherwise there would be too much guesswork.

Anyway, here's Pittsburgh --

0fBuT4m.png

TDZiMMB.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 3:36 PM, JimmyN64 said:

b3Gm0Zm.png

These WFL unis are dead sexy.

But I have to correct you on one thing. The Charlotte Stars played only one game, and they wore their gold jerseys, according to a photo I found:

Cstar.JPG

They were renamed after that game, but the only alteration was once again to their helmet. They sported a simple white "C" for the rest of the season, until rebranding with the gold helmet, etc., the next year.

ho8.jpg

Keep going though! It's great!

• 1 month later...

Back to work with the Oakland Invaders!

I've had a few people reach out to me about this project (and some others in the past) and offered to compensate me in order to get these out more frequently and I've finally decided to create a Patreon.  I'll still be posting everything here regardless of if I get any patrons, but I wanted to add in some extra perks for supporters.  Don't feel obligated to sign up, I just wanted to toss it out there!

You can check out my Patreon [Here]

O2Qo9tE.png

TMXbHGL.png

HLZIN3k.png

UgtEEwr.png

r8Vf0jm.png

TDZiMMB.png

On 1/15/2019 at 7:57 AM, JimmyN64 said:

0fBuT4m.png

On 1/14/2019 at 11:40 AM, neo_prankster said:

Nice!

For some reason, the Stars' pants looked lighter than the gold on the helmet. Was that intentional?

chuck-fusina-stars-usfl.jpg?itok=_yKqrXN

Loving this, so don't want to be a jerk.

Note that the Stallions had a white outline to the pant stripe here. Not sure which year this was though (not the first, going by the Invaders uni).

Also, the Maulers started out the season with that logo, and about halfway through, added white outlines around just about every logo element, so it could be seen better.

• 1 year later...

Just NOW seeing these. Wow. Fantastic job.

And, you're even using my estimates for some of the USFL custom colors. The Stallions' colors were extremely problematic...here's what the official specs were:

Red

Seq

Ink Base

Formula %

Parts

2B Red - FS1714

AOA Yellow - YQ1308

Mix in Black

Varnish

Gold

Seq

Ink Base

Formula %

Parts

Yellow - YQ1497

Red Lake C - RCQ1589

Aluminum Paste

Pale Gold

Moly Orange - 58OF637

Metallic Varnish

I just matched up logosheet scans against current Pantone Solid and Metallic Coated guides to get as close to the intended colors.

I have a goal someday to work with Pantone on some of these custom ink mixes and get official Lab, sRGB and CMYK measurements for them. Others include the Gamblers' Red, and the Bulls' Burnt Orange.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:37 AM, JimmyN64 said:

It's now time for the USFL, starting with the Los Angeles Express.

aX8BPq6.png

TXhRGxY.png

Vg9suOK.png

Minor correction here - colors look right but they should be listed as follows:

spacer.png

Archived