New york islanders concept logo

Phil

Just to let you know, I'm expecting mixed to less-than-positive reviews on this one. Anything positive is a bonus.

This is a New York Islanders Concept that I conceived at school (I sketched three different logos with potential during one single class this afternoon... amazing what boredom breeds) this afternoon. I may have to take a forced sabbatical (new computer + lack of permission to transfer 'Kazaa'd logo programs + lack of money = no logos... or Paint!), so I have to bring as many ideas to fruition as possible in this time.

Tell me what you think. Comments, suggestions, criticisms all welcome.

And if anyone wants to help a guy out getting Illustrator and Photoshop, I'd be eternally greatful. The only catch is it has to be legal.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Legal? Um, er...    ???

Anyway, that's actually pretty good for a secondary logo.  Maybe a bit of a thicker anchor, but otherwise a good concept.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Thanks for the great feedback, this was totally unexpected.

As stated before, I don't know how long I'll still have my graphics programs, so I don't know if I'll be able to design any Isles jerseys using my concept, however if someone else wants to give it a try, you have my blessing (provided there is the acknowledgement of who made the logo  :;): ).

Anymore opinions?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I agree about the no outline issue, Roger and STL. I never intended the logo to be versatile like that, and have always admired logos like that. Thanks for your kind comments.

Snowcap: Get yourself a scanner, and show us some of your best doodles. I'm sure there are some there that deserve to be fleshed out, be it by you or by someone proficient in vectorizing/painting.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like it alot, too bad I can't post all of the designs I've done during class. One was an islanders one and it looks like a combo of the "NY" in this logo and the "NY in the NY Giants logo. I'd have to try to draw it on Paint and post it....

If you had a scanner, you could scan them into a program like Photoshop, where you could alter them anyway you choose, and/or Illustrator, where you could vectorize (professionalize) a sketch.

I recently got a scanner (not yet hooked up), and I believe it was in the $150 CDN price range, although I could be mistaken. So yeah, $100 US should get you a pretty decent scanner.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived