CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

The Packers used green on their last ring:

packers_xlv.jpg

But maybe more next time.

Yeah but it's just a piece of plastic. Not a gem stone. I look at the Celtics like I mentioned before but also the 2008 Steelers ring where they used different colored stones for the logo. Just looks so much nicer.

2008-sb-face3_zpsx8n8pjit.jpg

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

The use of the colored stones is really cool. Of the two, I prefer the 2006 Steelers Super Bowl ring. It's one of my favorite SB rings. I've never liked the shape of their 2009 rings.

13-pittsburgh-steelers-2006-super-bowl-X

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Now put a G made out of emeralds there and BOOM! Who can photoshop this for me?

t.jpg

Considering the Packers don't use a green "G", I'm not sure I want to see that.

If cut stones are so important, replace the stone tablet with a series of cut emeralds next time.

That or make the G out of diamonds with a border of emeralds. That would be what the logo is to a T

green-bay-packers-logo-nfl_zpshazccp2x.g

t.jpg

evol13b.jpg

Here is a great illustration I found on the internet that shows the evolutionary design changes to Super bowl rings.

The three Jostens Super Bowl rings shown above clearly illustrates the bling trend but fails to show the growing size trend.

Bloomberg could have made their illustration much clearer had they shown the rings in their proper sizes. In real life, the Giant ring in the middle is larger than the Packers championship ring and the Ravens super bowl ring shown on the right is twice as large as the Giants ring.

The ring on the left, from the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I victory, weighed 40 grams of 14K solid gold and contained a one carrot diamond.

The middle ring, made, twenty one years later, grew to 45 grams. While more than half the super bowl rings produced are made of 14K gold, the Giants ring was made of 10K solid gold. Because 10K is around 10% lighter than 14K gold, the Giants ring is approximately 20% larger than the Packers ring. There’s a single large marquise (football shaped) diamond that is larger than the Super Bowl I diamond, and 8 smaller diamonds make up the bottom of the Lombardi trophy.

The Ravens ring on the right, is a humungous ring. The Ravens Super Bowl ring has a mind boggling 245 diamonds and includes two large marquise diamonds above their logo. The championship ring is around 90 grams and made of 10K solid white gold.

Will this trend continue?

I wrote about it, you-know-where, so if you have any interest, feel free to check it out.

evol13b.jpg

Here is a great illustration I found on the internet that shows the evolutionary design changes to Super bowl rings.

The three Jostens Super Bowl rings shown above clearly illustrates the bling trend but fails to show the growing size trend.

Bloomberg could have made their illustration much clearer had they shown the rings in their proper sizes. In real life, the Giant ring in the middle is larger than the Packers championship ring and the Ravens super bowl ring shown on the right is twice as large as the Giants ring.

The ring on the left, from the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I victory, weighed 40 grams of 14K solid gold and contained a one carrot diamond.

The middle ring, made, twenty one years later, grew to 45 grams. While more than half the super bowl rings produced are made of 14K gold, the Giants ring was made of 10K solid gold. Because 10K is around 10% lighter than 14K gold, the Giants ring is approximately 20% larger than the Packers ring. Theres a single large marquise (football shaped) diamond that is larger than the Super Bowl I diamond, and 8 smaller diamonds make up the bottom of the Lombardi trophy.

The Ravens ring on the right, is a humungous ring. The Ravens Super Bowl ring has a mind boggling 245 diamonds and includes two large marquise diamonds above their logo. The championship ring is around 90 grams and made of 10K solid white gold.

Will this trend continue?

I wrote about it, you-know-where, so if you have any interest, feel free to check it out.

Yeah while it doesn't show size it definitely shows the diamond amount and it's amazing. Even if you look at the Jets super bowl 3 ring there was already a jump up as theirs had more than the first 2 rings combined.

00038401_zps6rxp1lko.jpeg

t.jpg

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to continue the dialoge on the design and history of Super bowl rings.

Here is a photo of the rings from Super Bowl II.

sb2b9.jpg

I need to apologize that this photograph contains my website address, but if I don’t do this, other web sites will steal my photos or worse, ebay sellers making cheap replicas that don’t look as realistic as the real rings will use the photos and claim these are their championship rings.

Almost all of these photographs are from my private championship ring collection and many of these rings are extremely rare and seldom (or perhaps never) photographed in pairs from a particular super bowl game. So please excuse my effort to keep the photos from being misused. When I use a common picture, I don’t put my website address on the photo.

The ring on the left is the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl II ring. Made by Jostens, it contained three large diamonds. Vince Lombardi and the team felt this was not their second NFL-AFL title championship, they felt it was their third world championship (the name Super Bowl would come in a few years).

The Oakland Raiders 1967 AFL Championship Ring was made by a company, named John Roberts. John Roberts made very few championship rings. This championship ring is extremely rare too, and very few have ever been sold. Because they are not as sought-after as the Packers ring, they would sell for substantially less than the Packers Super Bowl II ring.

In a tradition that continues today, the team that loses the Super Bowl is still recognized as a champion of their respective conference. What’s amazing about the Oakland Raiders ring is that it’s style of white gold, a black Onyx stone, and white diamonds (representing their silver and black team colors) has changed very little in the five decades that the team has been earning championship rings.

If you want to read more about this, you know where to find the story.

Anyone besides me thinks it ridiculous tv-commentators also get a championship ring ? I Turn on a NBA game and the 2 commentators are sitting there flashing those hugeass rings.....should be players/coaches only imo

Everyone gets them now. Office people,security guards you name it. Those rings though aren't made like the players. No Gold or diamonds.

t.jpg

Anyone besides me thinks it ridiculous tv-commentators also get a championship ring ? I Turn on a NBA game and the 2 commentators are sitting there flashing those hugeass rings.....should be players/coaches only imo

Everyone gets them now. Office people,security guards you name it. Those rings though aren't made like the players. No Gold or diamonds.

Thanks for the info, that only makes it even more silly to show them off on TV, are we sure the ones the Heat commentators (for example) have, are not the same as the players ?

Thanks for the info, that only makes it even more silly to show them off on TV, are we sure the ones the Heat commentators (for example) have, are not the same as the players ?

It is entirely up to the team to decide if announcers and anyone else in the organization is deserving of player rings with diamonds or a less or configuration.

Many front office rings have been auctioned off and have been the same as players. Other times, the team will develop a "B" version that is smaller. Sometimes there will be a "C" and even a "D" version and different combinations of real diamonds or not real diamonds (called cubic zirconias).

The 2000 Mets gave out the same looking ring to everyone, yet their were 14K and 10K solid gold versions, and rings that had diamonds and some had cubic zirconias, and some were not made of solid gold, but were gold filled).

The Patriots first super bowl ring, from super bowl XXXVI was a masterpiece. The 39 front office ring is very similar to it, except it has three large faux diamonds that represent the three championships.

Like the XXXVI ring, it too is gorgeous and so well done.

However, I disagree about the player version of the super bowl 39 ring. I really like the Player version, and believe it's the most impressive super bowl ring ever.

The last ravens ring was close, but made of 10K, not 14K and of course, the Ravens ring had two big diamonds, not three.

Maybe the Pats #39 ring is those rare million dollar Ferraris, in the sense that the ring is so over the top (and not easy to wear as it is so heavy and huge).