tier 1

1 - D

2 - A

3 - C

tier 2

1 - D

2 - A

3 - C

* first place receives 5pts, 2nd, 3pts and 3rd, 1pt.

*anyone not matching the min requirements for voting will not be eligible to be counted.

you must have both 50 posts and 3 months since registering on the board.

* you must not vote in a tier in which you are competing.

if you are in tier 2, just give your tier 1 votes.

* voting closes midnight EST on wednesday 2nd of september.

* after my little mess up with the dates anybody who has posted their votes already will be asked to revote by amending their post.

once they have amended it, they must write 'amended' underneath in order that their should count. many thanks.

right, without further ado here are the entries:

----------------------------------------

TIER 1

1A

1B

1C

1D

1E

1F

1G

1H

1I

1J

-------------------

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't vote, but these all turned out really nicely!

I really love 1C's jerseys and the "BA2012" wordmark! The ticket was nicely tied into the theme as well, but I really like the jerseys. The main logo was nice as well, except the palm branches had me thinking Miami, and the monument looking tower had me thinking Washington D.C?

I'm feeling 1F's primary wordmark logo and ticket design too. The ticket fit great into the theme they had going on.

Really great entries, everyone!

i26h03.jpg

Well, I'm going to recuse myself from entering this round after having seen the entries. It would be unfair for me to enter knowing exactly what I'm up against. Though it serves me right for not getting started until the day of the deadline.

Yeah, I figured you being in a different time zone would effect something sooner or later :P

Can all people who were planning on submitting something today PM me?

Actually, never mind, hadn't seen that Fraser edited the first post. Thanks, and sorry all for the confusion. Feel free to submit stuff still.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

okay, voting is officially started.

see the first post regarding people who have already voted. you simply amend your original post (or leave it as it is if you are still satisfied with your choices).

either way you must post the word 'amended' underneath your original post for it to count.

many thanks and sorry for my mistake.

fd

Ok... I'm going to give a lot of these some real commentary.

Tier 1

1A - I really dislike the font on this, and as it's one of the most eye-catching things about the entire look, this kind of hurts it a bit. I like the general look of the logo, even if it is very touristy. With a better font, I'd considered voting for this.

1B - I like the general look of the package, even if I feel the primary is the weakest of the set. The uniforms are not doing it for me, though. The Tertiary is very nice.

1C - Ok, the BA12 is the best logo I've seen in the entire package. Absolutely adore it. I also love the fact that you used something besides the flag sun as a branding tool, with the obelisk, but I've never seen a palm tree in the city, or at least can't remember seeing one. The uniforms feel a little overdesigned, but it also fits.

1D - as much as I like the presentation and the use of Castellano, the actual logo feels VERY WordArt-y.

1E - It's very well designed, but it kind of feels like it was made for something like Miami and just had Buenos Aires slapped on it.

1F - The strongest primary logo of the set. You're guilty of using the flag sun, but the bar sign is perfect. I also think you had the best ticket design of the bunch. Really, really strong job on this.

1G - This kind of feels... I dunno. The secondary logo seems like it might be a good patch for the National team, but as an all star set... it doesn't feel like an all star game logo.

1H - I think bolder colors would help this a lot. Darken the blue a little (even navy, after all, the national team wears sky blue and navy), and make the orange pop a little more. As it is, I like the actual logo and the wordmarks, but I need something to grab me. This was.. very nice, but it didn't do anything to force my attention.

1I - Sorry, I know you worked hard, but this really isn't working for me. It feels tacky, like something you'd bring back on a shirt for a family member you couldn't actually find anything for.

1J - It's kind of generic. There's nothing inherently wrong with the look, it's just bland. and doesn't say Buenos Aires to me at all.

1K - Very beautifully designed. This is the most likely design if the actual NBA was picking. The red pops beautifully.

MY VOTES:

1. 1F

2. 1K (almost more of a 1a than a 2. VERY close.)

3. 1C

HM: 1H, 1B, 1E

Tier 2

2A - This literally feels like you spent 5 minutes on it. The sun is stretched, the fonts are... not good, and the ticket... have you ever seen a ticket with writing just going over each other like that?

2B - I... like it. There are a lot of little details that I like (such as the font seemingly replicating the national football team's number font, the use of shadowing... the ticket is the weakest piece of the puzzle, by far.

2C - I like the primary logo here quite a bit.. more than some of the Tier 1 entries. The font brings this down, though. Overall, it's very nice.

2D - The basketball sun/flower is nice. That font and text treatment has to go though. It feels like it was pulled out of the mid 90s.

2E - Another one that feels extremely rushed. The Tertiary and wordmark... could you REALLY see anyone using that? Ever? There are... what? 4-5 different fonts used throughout the thing?

2F - Yeah, the circle, with Aires upside down, really doesn't work. And as it's the centerpiece of your look, your look doesn't work.

2G - The logo seems to work, more than I'd think. The text, while kind of bland, has a big piece to do with that. The other logo, though... that globe... it really should've been refined.

MY VOTES:

1. 2C

2. 2D

3. 2B

HM: 2G

Archived