Adidas TechFit unis in NCAA-F

CS85

A couple weeks ago, Notre Dame was saddled with the tag of having a high school-level defense, speed-wise. Can 30 percent lighter uniforms make up the difference?

Notre Dame and adidas announced Monday that the Irish will wear new TECHFIT jerseys beginning this Saturday against Western Michigan, outfits that according to a press release feature "a ground-breaking compression fit" and weight "30 percent lighter than standard football jerseys."

As for the technicalities of the redesign, the release described them as such: "A streamlined fit, new fabric, reduced seams and an ultra-lightweight name and numbering system. In addition, the Notre Dame TECHFIT jersey keeps players cool with integrated ventilation zones and moisture management fabric."

Six other adidas schools will debut the new TECHFIT jerseys this month: Michigan, Louisville, Cincinnati, Texas A&M, UCLA and Tennessee.

per chicagobreakingsports.com

ndjerseys-new.jpg

sorry if this is behind the times, search returned nothing, only related to MLS.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It must be an absolute biotch to get those things on and off. I couldn't imagine it being a very easy process if they're so damn tight.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And as a side note, because it's fresh in my mind after Island Style posted this Orlando Sentinel pic in the Florida orange jersey thread:

Emmitt-Smith-Florida-Gators-RB.jpg

ndjerseys-new.jpg

I find the evolution of pads, sleeves and jersey fit amazing and, in a way, disturbing. (And I'm not really sure I believe Emmitt Smith's performance would be altered by a significant percentage in today's game -- or vice versa.)

Texas A&M wore the Techfit jerseys this past saturday. So much for Notre Dame "premiering" the new uniforms. They looked very nice and clean. Are these the same uniforms that the Giants and Colts have been wearing this season? If so, that explains why Adidas went away from the 3 bar pants stripe to this zig zag pattern so that the stetched pants don't appear all distored. I noticed many of the players struggled with keeping their pads inside the uniform during play.

600xPopupGallery-1.jpg

6001xPopupGallery.jpg

6002xPopupGallery.jpg

I wonder if all the TechFit material is going to be more of a matte look? If it is, with Nike and now adidas going to the matte look, football is about to get a lot less shiny. I'd assume that other adidas schools like Nebraska, Wisconsin, Kansas, etc., will be getting these next year.

adidas is really starting to step up their game on the uniform front at the college level (both basketball and football) after trailing Nike in terms of innovation. Interestingly enough it appears to stem from their NBA and NFL (adidas owns Reebok after all) affiliations.

Good for ND. The jerseys their QBs were wearing looked like blouses...

ncf_u_montana11_200.jpg

that's been annoying the crap out of me. that's at least one bonus hopefully.

twitter

Archived