Honey Badgers Logo

Armadillo19

Hey guys, this is a logo my girlfriend designed. She has never designed a logo before and did this from scratch, so I was pretty impressed. That said, I wanted to know how we could improve this. I think one thing it needs is some sort of "creasing" lines (for lack of a better word) to show how the snake is turning/contorting, in order to add perspective. Additionally, the logo needs to be limited to 3 colors, yellow, black, and white (for cost purposes). All C&C would be appreciated!

Thanks!

HoneyBadgerYellowEyes.png

PAPYRUS!!!!!!!!!! arghhhh

I actually really liked the font for this (since it's not a pro team jersey). Could you give me a bit of history as to why this font is so despised, as I wasn't aware it was disliked? Is it just very cliche and overused? Also, as someone who is not much of a designer, it is amazing that people can identify fonts so easily, I can't even identify Times New Roman haha.

PAPYRUS!!!!!!!!!! arghhhh

Be glad, it could have been Comic Sans

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Maybe thicken the outline of the HB and clean up his face. It doesn't look terrible now (the face) but when printed on a T-shirt it will look like :censored:. P.S. Try a new font, it's really pullin this down.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

A real quick question that I'm sure can be easily answered. Are inkscape files (SVG) considered to be "vector" files? My impression was that they were, since they can be resized without loss of data, but I'm not sure if they technically are. Additionally, if an inkscape file is saved as an SVG, is that able to be opened, and edited, in Illustrator?

Thanks!

Papyrus first of all isn't an athletic font, when printed it loses a lot of it's "character", you need something bolder and that really stands out. Slab-serif's are the norm, and I think look the best...

As for the design, a few things that I would consider are the rendering of the crown. You could make that a lot neater, and more detailed. As well as the space where his tail and the hockey stick/cobra join? Overall it's good.

Things I would do it make the claws more natural on the foot, not just coming out. Teeth, and the mouth, the rendering could be more detailed. and watch the outlines... thick = good thin = bad (for the most part) also watch where you colors meet, there are some small discrepancies...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Papyrus first of all isn't an athletic font, when printed it loses a lot of it's "character", you need something bolder and that really stands out. Slab-serif's are the norm, and I think look the best...

As for the design, a few things that I would consider are the rendering of the crown. You could make that a lot neater, and more detailed. As well as the space where his tail and the hockey stick/cobra join? Overall it's good.

Things I would do it make the claws more natural on the foot, not just coming out. Teeth, and the mouth, the rendering could be more detailed. and watch the outlines... thick = good thin = bad (for the most part) also watch where you colors meet, there are some small discrepancies...

Thanks for the C&C. As for the crown, I'm actually OK with the simplicity, mainly because I'm a little worried about the details being lost when it is printed. Perhaps this is an unfounded worry, I just have never done it before. In terms of the tail of the badger meeting with the cobra, the yellows are definitely slightly different, which will be addressed. When you say that thicker lines are better, is it because they will stand out more when printed? I will definitely look into that as well.

As for the font, I'll experiment and see what looks best. Are there any other things I should be aware of when this is physically put into print? The jersey itself is going to be yellow...how can I make the badger "pop" more? Would thick lines do it?

Last, this is currently saved as an SVG. Is there a way to convert it to an EPS so it is editable in Adobe? I don't know if you'll know the answer to a technical question like that, but I figured I'd give it a try.

Archived