Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

Thanks for all the feedback on the Capitals concept. Will get to updating it when I have the chance. In meantime heres a something I just finished

Dallas Stars logo

dallasstarslogocustom.png

This is my first attempt at creating a custom logo based around an actual logo. Wanted to keep the overall look of the original logo because I liked it. For the eyes I wanted to go with crescent moon shaped eyes to tie into the night sky idea the original logo went with. Overall, I am really happy with the final result.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really like this a lot. I had the same idea not too long ago, and I updated the logo in a similar way, but I really like what you've done here. The crescent shaped eyes was a really good idea.

And so was the piercing ;)

I actually really like this a lot. I had the same idea not too long ago, and I updated the logo in a similar way, but I really like what you've done here. The crescent shaped eyes was a really good idea.

And so was the piercing ;)

Thanks much, I figured to add the piercing since the crescent eyes give it a "angrier" look overall. Though as I've looked over the piercing I think its a bit thin.

Took some of the feedback on my Capitals concept and played around with it. This is what I came up with and like very much.

Washington Capitals (update)

WSHCapitals1a.png

Capitals update looks good, and that Stars logo is really, really good. My only suggestion would be to curve the horns upward instead of downward. Other than that, great job. That Stars logo is one of the better ones I've seen.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Capitals update looks good, and that Stars logo is really, really good. My only suggestion would be to curve the horns upward instead of downward. Other than that, great job. That Stars logo is one of the better ones I've seen.

Thanks much. I thought of having them upward, but I felt downward looked better for the angry charging feel. I'll do a edit though to see how it does look with the horns upward.

Edit: Alright heres how it looks with horns up.

dallasstarslogocustom1.png

I don't want to seem like a nitpicker, but on the Caps' home and away primary sweaters, i noticed that if the jerseys were to be produced, the star pattern would be white/blue/white/white/blue/white and red/blue/red/red/blue/red.

I don't know if that's what your intention was, just pointing it out.

But overall the set looks fantastic, and I think the Stars logo update looks really good as well!

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

I don't want to seem like a nitpicker, but on the Caps' home and away primary sweaters, i noticed that if the jerseys were to be produced, the star pattern would be white/blue/white/white/blue/white and red/blue/red/red/blue/red.

I don't know if that's what your intention was, just pointing it out.

But overall the set looks fantastic, and I think the Stars logo update looks really good as well!

Thanks for pointing that out. Wasn't what I intended to do. Just didn't realize how the pattern would go. I'll fix that.

Other than the mistake lancebridwell pointed out, that is a great look for the Caps. Even the IslanDucks template works well for the third uniform, although I would make the alternate socks blue to match the jersey.

That stars logo looks great too, but something's bugging me about the eyes. It's seems to me as if he's looking up at his forehead and saying "who put that star there?" I think if you adjust the positioning slightly, or add some more detail to the eyes, it'll look a lot better.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I like it alot with the horns up, but I see wildwing's point about the eyes. I like the crescents, but try making them horizontal to avoid making it like it's rolling its eyes. Really like what u have so far.

Cohenj.png

oh man, those Caps jerseys look better than I expected. That white really pops now. I'd certainly buy both of them, and I'm a Pens fan. Perfect look for the franchise and the beltway area. Busy, but organized, and a great change-of-pace third.

The horns down definitely makes the bull look like he's charging, but the star on the forehead just doesn't look right. This might take some playing around, which you've come a long way already with, but what if you morphed all or part of the stars logo into what might be seen on a branding iron? that the star is "branded" onto the bull? It's a thought. Not necessarily a good one, but a thought.

Edit: just noticed the red socks on the alternate. You really like the off-colored socks, don't you? Really, I think that idea only works in Boston. I'd also swap the colors of the hemline stripes, blue-white on the red and blue-red on the white, simply because that's a lot of blue when the color isn't so prominent anywhere else.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

mooterus is not there yet, idk, if I didn't suggest the branding idea, i would never know that's the intention. there has to be a better way to show that. and maybe even take the whole Stars logo, with the letters linked together like they would be on a branding iron, you know, like a stencil, but the opposite.

but those caps jerseys look great. At first, I wasn't that sure that the white hemline looked better, but it makes so much more sense that it just has to. Beautiful jerseys.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

What I am right now leaning towards doing with the logo is bringing back the original star. For the empty space above having either Dallas or Stars arching above (his forehead). Gonna have to test it because right now I am thinking it might make the logo look too busy.

Edit: Tried my idea, didn't like. Gonna, try something else if that doesn't work gonna stick with something like what I had previously. The final product I guess you can call it will be shown when I post the Stars concept.

Alright folks, feedback is welcomed as always.

Dallas Stars

DALStars1.png

For the their primary look, I modified their current set. Wanted to give the set a vintage tie in with the North Stars. Decided always that black was to dropped out completely from their primary look. Decided to go with a colored name bar because its something I felt Dallas would actually do.

I'll admit this right now, I am not very happy with the alternate. Its too cookie cutter for the logo. I will be going back to the drawing board.

The primaries look great, save for the contrasting nameplates. They don't look good and don't see Dallas ever going with them. I would definitely re-work the third jersey. The template is one of the weaker and more overused Edge templates, and it doesn't really work too well with the logo.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I think you're really onto something with primaries. I love the simplified colour scheme and the traditional shoulder yokes work surprisingly well. That being said, the contrasting nameplates are distracting and unnecessary. The road jersey would also be better served with green numbers rather than gold.

As for the third I'm going to have to disagree with Big Bubba. The half stripes don't bother me in the slightest because there is a historical precedent for them. The Stars first two sets had black jerseys with half stripes. What I cannot get over however is that updated mooterus logo. Looks fantastic!

I like the striping on the primaries alot, don't love the nameplates either, though. Other than that the primaries are solid. I agree with Morgo on the half stripes, it's fine by me since there is a historical precedent for them. Pretty nice job on the set, but the third is a little generic for that awesome logo.

Cohenj.png

Alright, first off thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Dallas Stars (update 1)

DALStars1a.png

Minor changes to the primary look. No colored nameplate and switched the font color around on the road. New alternate, which is inspired by the original jersey from 2003. What I wanted to do was give it a bit of a more modern feel. Its what I could see the jersey looking like if it had been unveiled during the current Reebok Edge era. Dallas, so far has been the most difficult for me to design a concept for. I have "thrown out" so many different designs over the past few weeks. This set I am really proud of.

These are the current 5 teams I have narrowed down for my next concept....

Winnipeg Jets

Calgary Flames

L.A. Kings

Nashville Predators

Vancouver Canucks

Edit: Decided on who I will be working on next. So, I've done minor tweaking to the their logo.

winnipegjets.png

The current third jersey is a step down from the previous one. The Mooterus looks much better on black and works better with a modern template. I think there might be a few other Edge templates you could try, but I think your first one is the way to go (it has grown on me, but even before I felt that it would look better on black and with a modern design).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived