Photo

2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

• Please log in to reply
774 replies to this topic

#141 CrazyAnna

CrazyAnna
  • The NFL season has finally returned. :)

• Members
  • 1,219 posts

• Favourite Logos:Washington State (1995-pres)
      Seattle Seahawks (1976-2001 / 2012-pres)
      Seattle Mariners
      Seattle Supersonics (1975-1995)
      Seattle Sounders FC
      San Antonio Spurs (1989-2003)

Posted September 24, 2012 - 21:28

Week 3

The Seahawks monochrome looks a lot better on the players that have pulled up their outer white socks. Creates a better balance versus the sold socks that sadly create the leotard look.

Week 4

I'm going with the Saints in black pants for their trip to Green Bay.

#142 Fresno St. Alum

Fresno St. Alum

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 01:44

Week 3

The Seahawks monochrome looks a lot better on the players that have pulled up their outer white socks. Creates a better balance versus the sold socks that sadly create the leotard look.

Week 4

You forgot to mention the colors of the 3rd team playing in the same game that won the game. They were wearing black and white striped jerseys w/ black pants. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

p_zps84589458.png

#143 Pizzaman7294

Pizzaman7294

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 13:03

Week 3

Week 4

You forgot to mention the colors of the 3rd team playing in the same game that won the game. They were wearing black and white striped jerseys w/ black pants. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

hahahahahaha
Posted Image

#144 BigEd76

BigEd76
  • I boo and throw snowballs at Santa

• Members
  • 2,094 posts

Posted September 30, 2012 - 15:27

New Orleans is in white/black

Washington is in burgundy/white/solid burgundy (their look from the 90s and 00s) and Tampa Bay is in white/pewter

#145 canzman

canzman

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted October 1, 2012 - 13:39

2012 Regular Season Week 5 (Part 1) Byes: Cowboys, Lions, Raiders, Buccaneers
Cardinals @ Rams
Posted ImagePosted Image
Eagles @ Steelers
Posted ImagePosted Image
Packers @ Colts
Posted ImagePosted Image
Browns @ Giants
Posted ImagePosted Image
Titans @ Vikings
Posted ImagePosted Image

#146 canzman

canzman

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted October 1, 2012 - 13:42

2012 Regular Season Week 5 (Part 2)
Falcons @ Redskins
Posted ImagePosted Image
Dolphins @ Bengals
Posted ImagePosted Image
Ravens @ Chiefs
Posted ImagePosted Image
Seahawks @ Panthers
Posted ImagePosted Image
Bears @ Jaguars
Posted ImagePosted Image

#147 canzman

canzman

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted October 1, 2012 - 13:46

2012 Regular Season Week 4 (Part 3) *=assumption will be corrected if needed
Broncos @ Patriots
Posted ImagePosted Image
Bills @ 49ers
Posted ImagePosted Image
Chargers @ Saints
Posted ImagePosted Image
Texans @ Jets *
Posted ImagePosted Image

#148 kajeet

kajeet
  • BASED.

• Members
  • 558 posts

• Favourite Logos:NFL:Original Ravens and Seahawks,New York Giants script logo,Houston Oilers MLB:Cartoon Oriole

Posted October 1, 2012 - 14:10

I think one of the best looking week 4 matchups was the Panthers and Falcons.

#149 Cujo

Cujo
  • @CujoKnows

• Members
  • 18,121 posts

Posted October 1, 2012 - 14:16

Posted Image

Seattle is going with the gray jerseys at home vs. Carolina? Ehhh.... Those, paired with white pants, are going to be such an eyesore on the field.

abq_sig_red.png

cujo_twitter.png

#150 DustDevil61

DustDevil61
  • So you're telling me there's a chance?

• Members
  • 2,468 posts

• Favourite Logos:Cardinals' StL
      Utah Jazz note
      Hartford Whalers

Posted October 1, 2012 - 14:55

Posted Image

Seattle is going with the gray jerseys at home vs. Carolina? Ehhh.... Those, paired with white pants, are going to be such an eyesore on the field.

They're not wearing their gray jerseys at home; this game is in Charlotte. However, wearing gray jerseys when the Panthers are wearing their white jerseys will be hard to watch. This is the primary reason why I wish Nike would actually use a considerably darker shade of gray than white--like with Washington State, Oklahoma State, and even Oregon (or at least their pants). You can tell the shade of gray isn't some borderline white and is easily confused with white.

Since it's a lighter gray, the Seahawks should take a page from Utah State's book and either go Blue*/Gray/Blue or Blue*/Gray/Gray and play teams that aren't wearing white jerseys; that removes any confusion between the jerseys. Also, there's no need to keep pairing gray pants with white jerseys or vise versa like they have been--either go all one color (below the helmet) or use blue pants.

We might have another whole "yellow alts in the NBA" situation here soon.

*Not that NFL teams can mix-n-match their helmets or anything.

#151 canzman

canzman

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted October 2, 2012 - 08:34

Seattle is on the Road but the Panthers are wearing white so my assumption is based on the fact that Seattle will wear the lighter color option in the heat instead of the dark blue. Odds are I will have to change that and they probably do not bust out the gray, but I would if I were them.

#152 seahawk9

seahawk9

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted October 2, 2012 - 10:05

Posted Image

They're not wearing their gray jerseys at home; this game is in Charlotte. However, wearing gray jerseys when the Panthers are wearing their white jerseys will be hard to watch. This is the primary reason why I wish Nike would actually use a considerably darker shade of gray than white--like with Washington State, Oklahoma State, and even Oregon (or at least their pants). You can tell the shade of gray isn't some borderline white and is easily confused with white.

Since it's a lighter gray, the Seahawks should take a page from Utah State's book and either go Blue*/Gray/Blue or Blue*/Gray/Gray and play teams that aren't wearing white jerseys; that removes any confusion between the jerseys. Also, there's no need to keep pairing gray pants with white jerseys or vise versa like they have been--either go all one color (below the helmet) or use blue pants.

We might have another whole "yellow alts in the NBA" situation here soon.

*Not that NFL teams can mix-n-match their helmets or anything.

The Seahawks will wear their Blue jerseys at Carolina this weekend....

#153 phutmasterflex

phutmasterflex

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted October 2, 2012 - 10:46

I believe Jags have confirmed that their black jerseys will go with black pants
Posted Image

#154 canzman

canzman

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted October 2, 2012 - 13:59

Do you have a source for this... Everything I have read simply states black is now the primary jersey but makes no reference as to what pant will be worn with it.

#155 oldschoolvikings

oldschoolvikings

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted October 2, 2012 - 15:17

Do you have a source for this... Everything I have read simply states black is now the primary jersey but makes no reference as to what pant will be worn with it.

My "source" would just be intuition. The Jags have made one horrible uniform decision after another. Black from head to ankle would be the worst possible combination they could come up with... therefore, that is doubtlessly what they'll do.

3b96a0d4-26f6-443b-b004-4af45a75ab54_zps

#156 Mevins31

Mevins31

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted October 2, 2012 - 16:13

I love this thread.

It makes me happy to see the Redskins burgundy tops & gold/mustard yellow pants being considered as the default home uniform for my Skins right now.... is that the consensus in these parts?

#157 CrazyAnna

CrazyAnna
  • The NFL season has finally returned. :)

• Members
  • 1,219 posts

• Favourite Logos:Washington State (1995-pres)
      Seattle Seahawks (1976-2001 / 2012-pres)
      Seattle Mariners
      Seattle Supersonics (1975-1995)
      Seattle Sounders FC
      San Antonio Spurs (1989-2003)

Posted October 2, 2012 - 16:21

I love this thread.

It makes me happy to see the Redskins burgundy tops & gold/mustard yellow pants being considered as the default home uniform for my Skins right now.... is that the consensus in these parts?

I used to like it, but recently I click on it purely for humor. I know he's trying is hardest and that part I respect and admire, but he's also been horribly wrong. The Seahawks are not wearing their grey uniforms this week. Also, I'm pretty sure that Jaguars will be in all-black. I have no inside info on the Jaguars, but we've all seen the decisions this franchise makes and this would seem to aim in that direction.

#158 dennisbergan

dennisbergan

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted October 2, 2012 - 19:20

I'd say that the Saints will be in white jersey's with black pants this week at home with SD in navy blue and white.

And the Ravens will be in black pants on the road.

I think the Redskins go with white pants at home this week.

And the Jags have never worn black jerseys with anything other then black pants, so I'd guess at least for this week and the majority of the rest of the home season, they will be in black pants with black jerseys.

#159 oldschoolvikings

oldschoolvikings

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted October 2, 2012 - 20:30

I love this thread.

I used to like it, but recently I click on it purely for humor. I know he's trying is hardest and that part I respect and admire, but he's also been horribly wrong. The Seahawks are not wearing their grey uniforms this week. Also, I'm pretty sure that Jaguars will be in all-black. I have no inside info on the Jaguars, but we've all seen the decisions this franchise makes and this would seem to aim in that direction.

This is true, Anna. Especially with your Seahawks, he seems to be choosing what he, apparently, would wish they'd wear... not what they probably wear.

3b96a0d4-26f6-443b-b004-4af45a75ab54_zps

#160 phutmasterflex

phutmasterflex

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted October 2, 2012 - 22:46

I read it somewhere but I can't remember where. Trying to see if I can find it
Posted Image