"Blackout" college football

Delux247

Stanford, Utah, ASU, Ohio, Oregon and Washington, off the top of my head.

TCU doesn't count since black is already one of their colors.

EDIT: Wait, are you asking what schools have done "blackout" things with the fans or just schools that have worn superfluous/unnecessary/ridiculous black uniforms?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

TCU has never done a (fan) blackout. The team has worn black tops and pants 4 times that I can think of (vs. Tulane in 2004 with standard purple helmet, vs Baylor in 2010 iwth standard purple helmet, vs AF in 2010 with 09 PCR helmet and vs. BYU in 2011 with new standard purple helmet).

As far as fan blackouts, Middle Tenn, Georgia, Utah and Washington come to mind.

Stanford, Utah, ASU, Ohio, Oregon and Washington, off the top of my head.

TCU doesn't count since black is already one of their colors.

EDIT: Wait, are you asking what schools have done "blackout" things with the fans or just schools that have worn superfluous/unnecessary/ridiculous black uniforms?

Both.

ujsignature.png

Ok, well, Duke and Florida State come to mind.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Georgia was the first team to do it right.

1) Before Georgia, most teams were doing it within their student sections. Georgia was the first major program to get the entire fanbase into it...92,000 black shirts to be exact. I was there, and I DID NOT see a red shirt in the stadium. Amazing commitment.

2) Black jerseys for a team that HAS AN EXCUSE to wear black--instead of just doing it to be kewl

3) Uniforms were abolustely beautiful.

Okay, my soapbox is over...

111007_Blackout_jc-1.jpg

Georgia was the first team to do it right.

1) Before Georgia, most teams were doing it within their student sections. Georgia was the first major program to get the entire fanbase into it...92,000 black shirts to be exact. I was there, and I DID NOT see a red shirt in the stadium. Amazing commitment.

2) Black jerseys for a team that HAS AN EXCUSE to wear black--instead of just doing it to be kewl

3) Uniforms were abolustely beautiful.

Okay, my soapbox is over...

111007_Blackout_jc-1.jpg

Didn't see a red shirt? Are you color blind?

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Remember Oregon having a "yellow-out" back in 2003 for the Michigan game. Forgot how it was all set up but the stands were just filled with everyone in yellow, it was amazing.

autzen-jpg.png

Nothing says "Beat Michigan" like wearing one of their own colors. Ducks should have done a black- or green-out for that one, IMO.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I am just curious, but would it be a blackout for South Carolina since black is in their color scheme? Also, am I losing my mind, or did they used to have a Red and Black helmet as well? Thanks

spacer.png

I am just curious, but would it be a blackout for South Carolina since black is in their color scheme? Thanks

IMO it would if they wear black tops and bottoms or ask the fans to wear black. Even though black has long been a trim color for schools like USCe and TCU, they don't traditionally wear all black (do any major colleges?).

Archived