NHL:Project 14 (Added Washington)

colinturner95

Are people serious about this thread? Does anyone else not notice how rush and unoriginal most of these "concepts" are? Recoloring current jerseys isn't a concept? Does anyone notice how half the Logos used are different sized and either too high or low on the jerseys? These look like they were made in 10 minutes. I can't believe how many people are still looking at this.

Take some time and actually create something that's your own. We all see how well your Dallas concept went when you used your own work. Start designing, it may not be the best but that's how you learn. Recoloring templates and adding/subtracting lines doesn't give you any practice at getting better. All these comments are just making your head bigger and making you think you're making progress.

Is this where you would insert a Peter Griffin 'don't push button' picture?

Cmon chill out. Not everything has to be to your liking. These are HIS concepts. He could have chosen to relocate every freakin team to South America if he wanted to. These are his concepts. Sometimes it is the small stuff on a jersey that can make them pieces of art. Just chill.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess we can no longer have our own opinion? We can't tell someone to practice drawing their OWN logos so they can better themselves?

All my points are valid - whether you want to take it as brash as you want. It's honest criticism, one that he should atleast look at to make his "concepts" better! Every logo is a different size! No consistency what so ever. The Islanders jersey has the "I" in the damn arm pit lmfao. Yet the Rangers text is reduced by what seems half the size. Learn from your mistakes. When did everyone on this board turn into little girls?

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Was this necessary? If it looks good to me, I'm sticking with it. If a team I don't think needs to change, they aren't going to change. When I started using my own stuff on Dallas, I still hated it. I may not have been around since '05 like you have, but I still know what I'm doing. If it isn't broken, why should I try and fix it? By the way, you missed your chance. If you wanted to bash my concepts, your a few months behind. Go PM ColeJ if you want to bash my concepts, but if you have nothing to say, then don't say it. Oh and when you design more than a football helmet with half a rainbow on it, let me know and I'll voice my opinion

Ahaha you're judging my Fantasy Football helmets I made for my friends?! LMAO. A tongue in cheek league? Atleast I made my own designs and not copied current uniforms. Done with this kid. Keep making garbage.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

So I guess we can no longer have our own opinion? We can't tell someone to practice drawing their OWN logos so they can better themselves?

All my points are valid - whether you want to take it as brash as you want. It's honest criticism, one that he should atleast look at to make his "concepts" better! Every logo is a different size! No consistency what so ever. The Islanders jersey has the "I" in the damn arm pit lmfao. Yet the Rangers text is reduced by what seems half the size. Learn from your mistakes. When did everyone on this board turn into little girls?

You are so stupid. Maybe if you knew what I was designing you'd understand. The Islanders jersey with the "I" in the damn armpit is designed after a jersey made in the 40's. Do you think it would translate exactly? The Rangers font is done so it fits on MY concept. If you had nothing good to say, then don't :censored:ing say it. At least when ColeJ bashed me, he actually gave me points to work with. Have fun working on your tongue in cheek football helmets, which look like garbage.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I never bashed you. I just said that one concept was technically unsound and that you should credit the artist who made your logo, instead of just crediting google. You have some good concepts here. Some I don't care for. But that's okay. I only had an issue with the lazy attitude of "someone else made the logo. Dont care who. Found it on google. I would have made my own but I didn't want to take the time to do it."

I never bashed you. I just said that one concept was technically unsound and that you should credit the artist who made your logo, instead of just crediting google. You have some good concepts here. Some I don't care for. But that's okay. I only had an issue with the lazy attitude of "someone else made the logo. Dont care who. Found it on google. I would have made my own but I didn't want to take the time to do it."

You're right, and I apologize.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

You are so stupid. Maybe if you knew what I was designing you'd understand. The Islanders jersey with the "I" in the damn armpit is designed after a jersey made in the 40's. Do you think it would translate exactly? The Rangers font is done so it fits on MY concept. If you had nothing good to say, then don't :censored:ing say it. At least when ColeJ bashed me, he actually gave me points to work with. Have fun working on your tongue in cheek football helmets, which look like garbage.

"Maybe if you knew what I was designing you'd understand." I dont know what your designing lmao. Im trying to give you C&C. If you can't handle it that's fine but I'm just telling you the truth! Take time and produce quality concepts. I believe you have it in you to do so but I feel alot of your stuff is rushed. Disagree or not, trust me, you will fell 100% better if you design your own stuff. You will learn so much faster and appreciate it in the end. I'm not trying to give you :censored:, i'm telling you for the better.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

"Maybe if you knew what I was designing you'd understand." I dont know what your designing lmao. Im trying to give you C&C. If you can't handle it that's fine but I'm just telling you the truth! Take time and produce quality concepts. I believe you have it in you to do so but I feel alot of your stuff is rushed. Disagree or not, trust me, you will fell 100% better if you design your own stuff. You will learn so much faster and appreciate it in the end. I'm not trying to give you :censored:, i'm telling you for the better.

Maybe if you knew that with the Islanders moving to Brooklyn, I decided to throwback to a Brooklyn Americans jersey that had "Brooklyn" down the chest, but 2 New York teams can't have "New York" down the chest so its "Islanders". By the way, what you said isn't C & C, " For the Ducks home and away you should switch the black and gold (a) and the white and gold (h) so the orange and gold don't touch. Also, I think black numbers for the away." this is C & C, where it helps me to edit the concept if necessary. So I tell you, if you have nothing good to say, don't :censored: say it

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Haha if I dont know anything? You realize your mixing alot of NY fan bases in your designs? They would not approve of this at all! Leave the Rangers and Islanders alone. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Either way, your concepts still dont make sense. Logos too big and/or too small. Your a Rookie.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Haha if I dont know anything? You realize your mixing alot of NY fan bases in your designs? They would not approve of this at all! Leave the Rangers and Islanders alone. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Either way, your concepts still dont make sense. Logos too big and/or too small. Your a Rookie.

Really? Rookie? "The alt is a one-year thing for the move to Brooklyn that retros the Brooklyn Americans". Why do you think the jersey says "Islanders" ? I may not know everything, but I know enough about what I'm doing. By the way, these are my concepts. I do what I want in MY concepts.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Don't mean to sound rude, but the Ducks (besides the last alt) and Bruins look terrible. The Sabres look decent, and the 3rd is magnificent. The Bruins logo should stay the way it is, and you can work around that. Just my two cents.

I have no witty signature, sorry.

Are people serious about this thread? Does anyone else not notice how rush and unoriginal most of these "concepts" are? Recoloring current jerseys isn't a concept? Does anyone notice how half the Logos used are different sized and either too high or low on the jerseys? These look like they were made in 10 minutes. I can't believe how many people are still looking at this.

Take some time and actually create something that's your own. We all see how well your Dallas concept went when you used your own work. Start designing, it may not be the best but that's how you learn. Recoloring templates and adding/subtracting lines doesn't give you any practice at getting better. All these comments are just making your head bigger and making you think you're making progress.

Man, tough crowd. I'm enjoying the concepts in this thread.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Don't mean to sound rude, but the Ducks (besides the last alt) and Bruins look terrible. The Sabres look decent, and the 3rd is magnificent. The Bruins logo should stay the way it is, and you can work around that. Just my two cents.

To each his own on the Bruins and Ducks, but thanks on the Sabres.

Man, tough crowd. I'm enjoying the concepts in this thread.

The tough crowd is named worcat, and just ignore him and I hope you still enjoy the concepts to come

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So... ignore the worcat drama and I hope you can still enjoy these concepts

Phoenix_Coyote_zps441cbc5b.png?t=1371088402

Ah yes... Phoenix... the former Jets. They had a great and unique set of uniforms before someone decided to get them to play Original 6 dress up. So... I tried something new with a Edge-y twist. I may have been the only person to like the "Sens" template... so I tried to apply to the Desert Dogs. This also was an experiment to see how modern an original 6 type look could become. So.. these are pretty self explanatory. Kept the same colors, and white is a little more prominent. The jerseys all follow the same striping type, and I thought Phoenix would be the team to debut sublimation on the back of a jersey in the form of the Arizona flag. Now the 4th is a different story... i'm sure all the hockey fans know that all the home playoff games in Phoenix are a white out, and it's one of the best white outs in hockey.. so the 4th is sealed in a glass case, used only in the event the Coyotes actually make the playoffs, and plus I think its kinda cool too , so C&C on this please, and please no more drama, just comment if have anything to say about the jerseys

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I actually really like the Phoenix set overall. The sublimation on the back gives a unique look which I think is a great thing and it very much ties in their location. I like the all white as well and for the use you mentioned I might even go a bit further and switch all the stripping to white just outlined with the red and maybe even some white pants too.

My only real negative feedback isn't really against you since that horrible third jersey logo is one the team actually does use. I do like the third despite the logo and think while the red is very nice the black with the primary logo would also make a good home look.

• 2 weeks later...

The white out set is an interesting idea, and good on you for not using white pants with it, but I'm not sure how it would translate to real life. Also, that funky template is pretty sweet.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I'm back, not that anyone missed me

The Penguins have had one of the best uniform sets in NHL history and their current ones are not it.

Pittsburgh_Penguins_zps742f2997.png?t=1372110296

So... I strung the 91-92 jerseys together with the 02-07 jerseys and I used the brighter shade of yellow rather than the Vegas gold. IIRC, Mario Lemieux said the Penguins wouldn't go back to the original yellow, but screw it: the vegas gold didn't do this concept any justice. Anyway, so the striping from the arms of the 91-92 jerseys meets the side striping from the 02-07 jerseys in the lighter yellow. The alternate tries to throwback to all the years of Penguins hockey. The sleeve stripes resemble the original original powder blue jerseys, and the logo is Robo- Penguin and the chest stripe mimics half of the gradient, asymmetrical alternate that I thought was amazing for its time. Now the 4th jersey was my intention for the alternate, but then my Twitter feed was talking about the upcoming Stadium Series, so that was designed using the Pittsburgh Pirates (the hockey ones) and the first skating penguin-in-a-circle in black and yellow. C&C and enjoy the Stanley Cup Final all you hockey fans

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Hey man, always a fan of this template. Always makes concepts look sharp and clean when done correctly, like most of these here. Great job! Question, do you use Illustrator?

I made this template a few years back, I'm pretty sure it's available in every format at this point - except paint.

Archived