NHL:Project 14 (Added Washington)

colinturner95

Love the use of navy instead of black, the navy helmets in particular are a nice touch. The primary jerseys are actually really good, the loudness of the mountain striping doesn't bother me on these like it normally does, maybe because of the navy. The alternate I think would look much better without the burgundy sash, I think that would be the best of the set without it. Great series you got going here.

Thank you sir. As for the alt. I don't know if I will get rid of the sash, because the "Colorado" in burgundy looked too dark, which is why the sash exists.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the use of navy instead of black, the navy helmets in particular are a nice touch. The primary jerseys are actually really good, the loudness of the mountain striping doesn't bother me on these like it normally does, maybe because of the navy. The alternate I think would look much better without the burgundy sash, I think that would be the best of the set without it. Great series you got going here.

Thank you sir. As for the alt. I don't know if I will get rid of the sash, because the "Colorado" in burgundy looked too dark, which is why the sash exists.

I thought perhaps you could write "Colorado" in white with burgundy outlines around the letters, more similar to the one they used in real life but made better by the mountain striping and the navy.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Guest darkpiranha

I'm late commenting, but I would have liked to have seen the sash without the mountains on the bottom. Having both the sash and the mountains was what was making it too busy. The alt like you have it now is good, but we never see sashes in hockey and I thought it was refreshing.

Calgary - Love the Flames flaming sleeves on the alt. I'm glad you made a creative black alt without using the sneezing horse head logo which I do not like. Also love you made the 80s jerseys primary again. Thank you! (Minus Iginla on these, however! :cry: )

Chicago - love color updates to the logos.

Colorado - not liking the sash that overlaps the mountains at the hem on the alt. Actually I find the mountains a little too jaggedy, but it's something I could get used to.

Good work so far!

Now the 1.5th most ambitious redesign to date:Columbus Blue Jackets

Columbus_BlueJackets_zpscd140de5.png

Credit to the logo goes to Avi Stein. The Blue Jackets aren't radically changed. The star and 3 stripes stem from the 2009 JHM memorial logo that I thought fit well as a stripe. The alt is red, mainly as a nod to the Columbus Barons, and the 3 stars homage the original CBJ alternate jersey. The logo is the one they've used since '08 with Ohio in its background. I'm not entirely pleased with this, but C & C it up...

AmPJ0Ty.png 

This is a nice concept for a Columbus team that seems to be in search of an identity both graphically and on the ice. I've always been a fan of Avi's logo, and you put it to good use here on a blue-centric jersey (I hate too much red in a BLUE Jackets concept). The alternate is nice also; my one quibble is with the sleeve striping on the home and road sets. I would switch around their colors, I think I would do white star red stripes on the home and red star blue stripes on the road. Nice job overall though.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The 2nd most ambitious redesign yet... DALLAS

Dallas_Stars_zpsf28e6513.png?t=1365130211

Dallas is getting new logos/uniforms (hopefully soon), and this is how I think it should happen. So green is the base again, but black is still present and I was too lazy to mock up my logo, so I used a concept logo, courtesy of Google Images. The alt is a fusion (yes I used fusion) of their original Dallas jerseys.

C & C this one up...

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Honestly, I'd rather they stuck with what they have now than use this set. Partly due to the logo but the whole thing is kind of ugly.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

not a fan of concepts that admit to being a certain way because you were too lazy to do something else.

you didn't even give credit for the logo, just said you found it on google. poor form, young man.

not a fan of concepts that admit to being a certain way because you were too lazy to do something else.

you didn't even give credit for the logo, just said you found it on google. poor form, young man.

Sorry, "tired", I was too tired to mock up my logo after coming from school and lacrosse practice.

Also, the Stars ARE getting new uniforms next season. No "probably" about it.

Someone already used that logo somewhere...

Does that mean I can't use it again? And where exactly did I say they were "probably" getting new uniforms?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Before I post a Dallas update, which I did in the dark because of a lack of constructive C & C, if you are going to comment, comment on how the set looks, not how it looks because I might have been lazy about something. Thanks.

d525c649-2860-4d18-a8d7-8bbb4f0000b2_zpse1d03e2b.jpg?t=1365217228

That's my new logo I've been thinking about designing for about 6 months now.

Dallas_Stars_zps2cc2af72.png?t=1365217128

Same thing as before, just with a new logo and recolored the alternate logo. C & C this, and by C & C I don't mean what I got after the last set I posted.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

the uniforms and logo look unbalanced and bad.

the color balance of gold/white/black on the green looks off and sloppy. and the logo looks warped and unappealing to the eyes. i'd go back to the drawing board on the entire stars concept.

Archived