St Louis Browns Concepts

thebigeh

Wanted to create a modern day version of the old American League baseball team, the St. Louis Browns. And to imagine what they would look like if they had not left for Baltimore.

Primary logo:

StLouisBrownsPrimaryLogo_zpsdcc26069.png

Secondary logo:

StLouisBrownsSecondaryLogo_zps21da2330.p

Third logo:

StLouisBrownsThirdLogo_zps37e31be3.png

Fourth logo:

StLouisBrownsFourthLogo_zpsda1092c6.png

First set of uniforms:

StLouisBrownsUniforms1_zpsb80bed89.png

Second set of uniforms:

StLouisBrownsUniforms2_zpsd033dbd6.png

Third set of uniforms:

StLouisBrownsUniforms3_zpse9f4be51.png

C&C, as always.

It's a very good concept I just don't understand what the fleur di leis is doing in STL

It's actually a very important symbol for St. Louis. Many years ago, the city was part of the French territory of Louisiana before it was sold to the US. The fleur is an homage to STL's French roots.

It's a very good concept I just don't understand what the fleur di leis is doing in STL

It's actually a very important symbol for St. Louis. Many years ago, the city was part of the French territory of Louisiana before it was sold to the US. The fleur is an homage to STL's French roots.

yep,

St. Louis flag

800px-Flag_of_St._Louis,_Missouri.svg.pn

And to take that further, the fleur de lis has long been a prominent symbol of French heraldry and monarchy. The word "fleur" is french for "flower", "lis" for "lily". And considering the city of St Louis was named for King Louis IX of France, who upon becoming canonized was also commonly dubbed--wait for it--Saint Louis--it makes plenty of sense.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

very good concept though, i love the primary. Not exactly sold on the 3rd logo though. Although I'm not postivie that's what the Brown's primary used to be, i think it was, it just looks to retro and out of place in this set. I would update the baseball (lines & stitching) and make it more modern. Other than that, great stuff!

The logos are good. I'm not feeling the uniforms, but it could be because they're in such a small format here, it's hard to see details. The wordmarks on the uniforms don't look very baseball.

rATMcmK.png

Pretty good!

Changes I'd make:

Road Uni = From set 1.1 and with word-mark that matches the typeface of the...

Home Jersey, which would be what you have dubbed in set 2 as "Home Uniform Special." The cap to go with it is the orange billed brown one and occasionaly the white crowned one.

The alternate for both home and road is what you have dubbed "Third..." in sets 1.2 and 2

Wanted to create a modern day version of the old American League baseball team, the St. Louis Browns. And to imagine what they would look like if they had not left for Baltimore.

Primary logo:

StLouisBrownsPrimaryLogo_zpsdcc26069.png

Secondary logo:

StLouisBrownsSecondaryLogo_zps21da2330.p

Third logo:

StLouisBrownsThirdLogo_zps37e31be3.png

Fourth logo:

StLouisBrownsFourthLogo_zpsda1092c6.png

First set of uniforms:

StLouisBrownsUniforms1_zpsb80bed89.png

Second set of uniforms:

StLouisBrownsUniforms2_zpsd033dbd6.png