The Wild League Project

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

Great. Children will love this.

Children? Heck, adults will love it. This one will, at least!

I absolutely love the fact that both the Miracle on Ice and the Summit Series occurred in this world you created. I also love the addition of paw prints in the place of the Swedes crowns. Can't wait for the uniforms.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Incredible project, astounding artwork. I'm blown away.

Thanks dg.

Children? Heck, adults will love it. This one will, at least!

I hope the project/books appeal to both adults and kids. The children read them, but the parents buy 'em.

Thanks, darkp and falcon.

I absolutely love the fact that both the Miracle on Ice and the Summit Series occurred in this world you created. I also love the addition of paw prints in the place of the Swedes crowns. Can't wait for the uniforms.

I'm glad you noticed Lafarge, and that is part of appealing to both adults and kids. The young ones probably wouldn't even notice the references to the Summit and the Miracle, but the parents would.

Thanks L.

Minimal Logos and Uniforms

Minimal is optimal

Out of necessity, each team will have at least 3 logos:

- a super-minimal logo for uniforms

- an enhanced logo(s) for marketing and merchandise

- a vintage logo for marketing and merchandise

The page of a book is actually a pretty small canvas, and on that canvas, there can be a lot going on...

wl-94.jpg

When there is an illustration with several players, the logo on the sweater gets pretty small and hard to render.

It can also be very time-consuming to draw multiple logos in one scene.

The logos that will appear on the sweaters in the book HAVE to be super-minimal and easy to draw.

So, I'm gonna present the minimal logos with the unis first, and then later, display the enhanced and vintage logos with merchandising and marketing concepts.

Minimal Logos and Uniforms

Waska-Lea Wabbits Minimal Logo

The carrot is sacred to the Rabbit community.

For the inhabitants of Waska-Lea, the orange 'n green veggie, was their "gold".

The fertile area allowed the Waska family to be the leaders in carrot production and later, that carrot money funded other ventures.

So, it's no wonder that the Wabbits adopted the orange and green as their colours, and utilized the carrots triangular shape in the logo.

The letter "W" could form the green leafy part at the top...

wl-93.jpg

wl-91.jpg

Wabbits Uniforms

In general, the uni templates for this league were a little more challenging (but fun).

In a regular league, all of the players are "hunanoid", so the one-template-fits-all rule applies.

However, in the Wild League, each separate team has its own unique body shape. Specific templates had to be made for EACH team.

For example; The Wabbits have a long, lean body with a narrow neckline...

wl-14.jpg

Their short, powerful legs give them lots of hop (or should I say hippety-hop :oops: )

The long triangle of the logo fills the sweater's long torso...

wl-84.jpg

The "Charlie Brown" alt is super-easy to render.

Also, the league allows colour vs. colour match-ups, so a team doesn't necessarily have to wear its away whites.

Green can be worn vs. any of the other teams' coloured (home) unis.

"3D" images up next...

This series is beyond fantastic.

One little thing I noticed on the home uniform is that the orange striping is off center. Notice how there is more green on the rabbit's right sleeve compared to the left sleeve?

The other thing I've noticed is that the away is practically the same as the home. The only difference is that the home has slightly more green. Have you considered changing the green striping on the away to white? Just a thought.

I'll definitely be watching this series unfold. I am very interested in this!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

wow! looking good! but for the away uniform it still look like a home uniform rather away? Just wondering

oh sorry i didn't read the last part about color uniforms! sorry go ahead! never mind the one I posted before

No problem JM. You're right about the homes and aways being a little too similar, as mr.nascar also noted...

This series is beyond fantastic.

One little thing I noticed on the home uniform is that the orange striping is off center. Notice how there is more green on the rabbit's right sleeve compared to the left sleeve?

The other thing I've noticed is that the away is practically the same as the home. The only difference is that the home has slightly more green. Have you considered changing the green striping on the away to white? Just a thought.

I'll definitely be watching this series unfold. I am very interested in this!

I fixed the off-centre striping (good catch), and changed the striping weights to help differentiate the homes and aways.

I made the logo a lot bigger too. The logos on these unis should be "big 'n juicy".

Thanks for the help guys.

wl-95.jpg

Before presenting the "3D" models, I must thank Darth Brooks for his very helpful photoshop tutorial, up in the pinned area of Concepts.

I'm using an old Mac OS 9 version, so many tutorials leave me a little confused.

Darth puts the process of creating a template into easy-to-understand steps. Thanks DB.

Wabbits "3D" Unis

Home

wl-85.jpg

Away

wl-54.jpg

Alternate

wl-56.jpg

Archived